what i think of this forum

15 posts in this topic

firstly, i must say i love this project - and here comes the big BUT - but some people (i mean admins or people with the right to ban some1 from irc) are very NOT nice. on the forums when i asked a question some1 answered me with a question but after i answered no1 answered back. then i tried the irc chat. i had a problem in installing leopard on my PC so i tried vmware but it didn't work, so i asked in irc. the result was: i got banned! then when i could log in there back i got re banned because i "evaded ban". i don't know if it was accidental (i no nothing when it comes to irc) but apparently i logged in while i was banned. so my opinion on the forum is - it is not good. at least don't ban some1 because u know more than him and he ask questions. but i must point that there was 1 user (with kicking and maybe banning rights) who was nicer than every1. when i accidentally pmed him (i said i don't know anything in irc) without permission he didn't kick me and he answered everything i asked. it is realityiswhere (at least in the forum). this is a good man. thats all i have to say.

I think realityiswhere should definitely be recognized for his great efforts on IRC and the forums as well :).

Keep up the good work, realityiswhere! :(

Stroke has a point about Moofspeak, but if I may, as channel moderators, we have to use discretion with moderating so the reaction really goes from op to op.

That said however, it's good to hear that you were still able to get assistance to some extent. Hopefully you have a good experience from herein with everything

Oct 29 18:40:49 is there a guide of instaling ideneb 10.5.5 on vmware?

...three lines later...

Oct 29 18:42:43 is there a guide of instaling ideneb 10.5.5 on vmware?

...another three lines later...

Oct 29 18:44:37 is there a guide of instaling ideneb 10.5.5 on vmware? any1?

Oct 29 18:45:16 any1?

...some five lines later...

Oct 29 18:47:26 is there a guide of instaling ideneb 10.5.5 on vmware?

Oct 29 18:47:50 * wheezy sets ban on *!*tomer32@*.B282F8E7.439EE78D.IP

Oct 29 18:47:50 * wheezy has kicked bigtrouble from #OSx86 (use google.com and some brains. also, repetition gets really annoying.)

Oct 29 18:47:58 thx ;)

No comment...

An evil irc mod

firstly, i must say i love this project - and here comes the big BUT - but some people (i mean admins or people with the right to ban some1 from irc) are very NOT nice. on the forums when i asked a question some1 answered me with a question but after i answered no1 answered back. then i tried the irc chat. i had a problem in installing leopard on my PC so i tried vmware but it didn't work, so i asked in irc. the result was: i got banned! then when i could log in there back i got re banned because i "evaded ban". i don't know if it was accidental (i no nothing when it comes to irc) but apparently i logged in while i was banned. so my opinion on the forum is - it is not good. at least don't ban some1 because u know more than him and he ask questions. but i must point that there was 1 user (with kicking and maybe banning rights) who was nicer than every1. when i accidentally pmed him (i said i don't know anything in irc) without permission he didn't kick me and he answered everything i asked. it is realityiswhere (at least in the forum). this is a good man. thats all i have to say.

you're welcome tomer32.

and thanks everyone else ;)

the point of the IRC isn't professional, paid-for support where you can always expect an answer. it's volunteers from the forum trying to help as much as possible, sometimes there are people there, sometimes there aren't.

as demonstrated by the logs posted from Krazubu, repeating the same thing over and over every couple of minutes without doing prior research is very, very annoying, especially when it's used with malformed internet slang like "any1".

the forum has a search function that should always be used before asking on the IRC, laziness is not a good excuse, and

85% of the questions asked on the IRC are easily found on this forum.

the point is: asking well thought out questions that have been researched beforehand on the forum will get more responses than spamming a sentence four times in one minute.

my opinion:

this forum is an excellent source of information to succeed your osx installation,

its use has been efficient to me thanks to people who cared to share their experiences and difficulties.

sad to see once again that some users are complaining about moderators (which is not my case)

to those i'd say that's the internet, there are always losers amongst mods who are enjoying their "internet glory" in compensation to their failed life.

im not surprised about it. it is a derivative from the complex of inferiority. and unfortunately they'll always have the last word over yours because they've been granted with internet "powers",

this is on a general context of course, im not pointing out at anyone here at all, so i hope this opinion wont hurt any fragile ego.

long life to osx86 !

;)

My opinion : My hobby for the last year or so would only have been half as rewarding without this forum (I guess I am rather geeky and sad but this is how I feel)

Thanks to all who support and contribute to this forum. My appreciation and gratitude will hopefully allow me to give something back eventually, maybe when I get into one of my productivity drives after a night out on the biscuits :(

i tried to search Google but found nothing. apparently i had a very bad ping on irc so i didn't see that anyone was there and that's why i posted so frequently. sorry for inconveniences. but wheezy could warn me before banning me or at least say he don't know how (i didn't get the ban reason). but i must say that wheezy helped me a lot.so thanks wheezy for helping me but please next time warn me before banning me

Thanks for your input tomer32. Just as long as you know that it's not "polite" to ask a question over and over again. If someone is available to help you then they will! :P

And yes, i shall agree with you on the "warn before ban", just so users know what they've done. (Maybe a 1-2min time-ban)