Where are the Apps installed in Leopard?

raziiq

9 posts in this topic

Hi there i m new to Leopard World.

I just wanna know that whenever i install any app like VLC Player where are they installed, for example in Windows the apps are installed in program files folder, where are the apps installed in Leopard as they are not available in the Application Folder of the Leopard???

Depend where you installed it !

Let s imagine... you downloaded it on the internet ....so ...it was on your download folder ....you clicked on it ...it s installed on your download folder .

Go it ?

You have to drag the application to the folder you wanna install it then clic on the application to launch it from this folder & finish the install

Hope this helps

Bye

WOW!!

CoreServices are just what they say they are!!

They are Key Utilities and Services, NOT Apps!

If anybody is stupid enough to install apps to the CoreServices folder well then they should be draagged out onto the street ...........

Its like installing Office in the WindBlows/System32 directory it's just NOT DONE!!

SticMAC

Hey

Some are in /System/Library/CoreServices

WindBlows ;)

WELL said :D, you laughed the hell out of me

Depend where you installed it !

Let s imagine... you downloaded it on the internet ....so ...it was on your download folder ....you clicked on it ...it s installed on your download folder .

Go it ?

You have to drag the application to the folder you wanna install it then clic on the application to launch it from this folder & finish the install

Hope this helps

Bye

ya thanks man, that helped, got it now, means i have to copy the app from download folder to apps folder then run it and then i can delete the app from the downloads folder as it is now running from my apps folder, thats kool, thank :)

Correct. Most of the apps either have a doubleCLICK install function or they open an installer like the attached picture, then you only have to drag the AppICON to the ApplicationICON and VIOLA!, its installed

SticMAC

...........ya thanks man, that helped, got it now, means i have to copy the app from download folder to apps folder then run it and then i can delete the app from the downloads folder as it is now running from my apps folder, thats kool, thank ;)