Cannot Get Ac97 Soundcard To Work

maz

90 posts in this topic

i have the same issue ...but, I have entered the id string 0x70121039 for all ich entries in info.plist...if i attempt to access sound in any way... the system freezes...but I do get a second of sound...would this multiple entry screw that up...or does OSX simply go through the list until it finds a match?...P4 2GHZ 512 MB 400 bus speed...

SiS650 chipset

i've gotten a bit farther... 0x70121039 entered under ich5 this is what system profiler says...AppleAC97AudioIntelICH:

Version: 1.0.0

Last Modified: 10/14/05 12:37 AM

Get Info String: 1.0.0, Copyright Apple Computer, Inc. 2004

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext

kext Version: 1.0.0

Load Address: 0xd708d000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext has no receipt

Anyone got sound to work on 70121039 ?

I also have a sis southbridge.

Any more ideas ????

I noticed in the /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ there also is a AppleAC97AudioAMD.kext, as I have an AMD Athlon 3000 I figured maybe I should use this kext, but putting the 0x70121039 in there and kextload the thing doesn't really change anything.

The AppleAC97Audio.kext, AppleAC97ICHIntel.kext and AppleAC97AudioAMD.kext all load without problems, but to no avail: NO SOUND... :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I to revive a thread, but here's how the Linux people got sis 7012 audio working...

http://www.infosys.tuwien.ac.at/Staff/tom/SiS7012/

Also, you can get the source code for the sis 900 networking driver:

http://www.network-drivers.com/drivers/7/7260.htm

I have both of those parts in my machine, and once OSX is ready to install (within a week), I'll being work on drivers.

EDIT: Skip the registration and download the Sis 900 driver straight from the sis site:

http://driver2.sis.com/linux/lan/sis900_108.tar.gz

Edited by Joshua

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have SoundMax Digital Audio

My motherboard is P4PE2-X from ASUS

Vendor ID 8086

Device ID 24C5

In WinXP I use drivers:

Alc650

SoundMAX (cadenza)

Please, write to me the driver

Help the guy from Russia

:excl::angry:

<string>0x00da10de 0x006a10de 0x01b110de 0x24C58086</string>

dont work

• 4 weeks later...

can someone please take at look the SamplePCIAudioDriver

located in /Developer/Examples/Kernel/IOKit/Audio/Templates from the publicly available (Darwin) development toolkit?

there is a good chance that writing a driver from scratch is easier than using a trial and error method.

• 1 month later...
no one knows how to fix that?

please guys i need sound working

I still haven't seen a solution for the 1039 7012 cards (Realtec AC97) so I just went down to Fry's and picked up a $14 sound card and plugged it in... now everything works. I know it's not the best/cheapest solution, but at least now I have sound. ;)

I still haven't seen a solution for the 1039 7012 cards (Realtec AC97) so I just went down to Fry's and picked up a $14 sound card and plugged it in... now everything works. I know it's not the best/cheapest solution, but at least now I have sound. :)

What sound card you bought? i`m from Brazil and i wanna buy the same as you! thansk!

• 2 weeks later...

any luck anyone.

from the reasearch i have done and read it is possibly the chipset, and not just the soundcard, but i dunno that much about making drivers.

i too am on a laptop, which unfourtnately is my only PC which has the right instruction sets to allow OSX to run. so i am stuck with the sis 7012

• 2 weeks later...

Well you're lucky Jessevl. I get absolutely nothing.

Has anyone solved this problem? I could really do with this working.

I've tried following the audio guide on the Wiki, only to get a parse error when i go to load the kext AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext or whatever it is. But I'm still doubting that sound will go even when I get past the parse error.

Could someone please give this another shot?

Big thanks in advance to anyone who works it out.

Hi, i've an AC97 audio wich vendor id is 8086 ad the device id 24c5, like SkaPunk, but also following the guide on wiki i wasn't be able to get it work... the only thing that i did was to avoid the error at the loading of the system, but no sound....

could anyone help me?

• 6 months later...

Has anyone got the 0x70121039 Realtek AC97 soundcard working ? In 10.4.8 no sound allthough the device is registered and IOAudioFamily.kext and AppleAC97Audio.kext are loaded....

edit: got it working using an AppleAC97Audio.kext from a this thread specially compiled for the 70121039.

sound working GREAT now !

Edited by intrax