5.1 chanell speakers on ad1988b

iXAKEP

10 posts in this topic

I have the same board with 5.1 speakers, and I can only get 2 ch + sub out of it. I don't know if Taruga is working on the driver anymore as it does "work". You can post a msg on his site (wiki.taruga.net) when it's back up (down as of today 10:05am EST). It would be nice to have the 5.1 on my hack.

• 3 weeks later...

i would also like 5.1 surround on my AD1988B chip. thought it seems as though taruga has all but left the scene completely. taruga.net has been unregistered for quite some time now. i'm beginning to think that theres no hope for any new sound drivers in the future unless he comes back.

i got only 2 speakers working for now... no mic but i don't care ...sound is more important if this will help then enjoy it...

i got mic attached to my webcam ;))

remove AppleHDA.kext i HDAEnabler.kext and install attached kext

enjoy

greetings from planet cracow

P5E_Asus_.zip

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i haven't been able to get any of these fixes for my ad1988b to work. i've tried taruga's 3/4, azalia, voodooHDA and some other solutions but none of them work! can someone guide me through this? i know ppl have gotten this card to work. i can only assume i'm doing something wrong, no idea what it could be tho. i get absolutely no change in system prefs.

• 2 weeks later...
i haven't been able to get any of these fixes for my ad1988b to work. i've tried taruga's 3/4, azalia, voodooHDA and some other solutions but none of them work! can someone guide me through this? i know ppl have gotten this card to work. i can only assume i'm doing something wrong, no idea what it could be tho. i get absolutely no change in system prefs.

I think you have to try this on a fresh install without any other driver or if you installed azalia you must delete azalia before install this :

I have the same chipset and I am using this driver : Taruga_AD1988b_rev4_Installer.app.zip

Cheers