AppleEFIRuntime.kext & AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on 10.5.5

HoosierOSX

9 posts in this topic

Do I need to remove or disable AppleEFIRuntime.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on 10.5.5?

Currently I have them removed from the /System/Library/Extensions folder because I was unable to find the disabler.kext that disables them and I'm not nearly competent enough to make my own disabler.kext

I'm not sure if they needed to be removed on previous installations or if they are okay on 10.5.5...

See signature for system specs.

• 1 month later...
So do I need the disabler.kext and the applecdecrypt.kext? Or do they do essentially the same thing?

No, of course they're not the same thing you need a decryption kext so that you can load t GUI like AppleDecrypt or dsmos, so you need Disabler and AppleDecrypt both :)

Hey awesome, thanks for the reply. It was hard trying to wrap my brain around this because I had been reading that both dealt with the intelcpupowermanager.kext; and I got confused at how.

Will having both mean you can update without any special patches then? Without some sort of pre/post fix? And would that mean delta, or combo; or either?

Sorry for all the questions, but I can't seem to get my questions answered through google.