Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Survey of nForce chipset desktop MOBO Ownership  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Which nForce chipset + CPU MOBO desktop system do you have?

• Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 7 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • I have a Series 600M nForce chipset + AMD S1 CPU laptop/notebook MOBO
    • nForce chipset + CPU combo MOBO not listed above
  2. 2. What is your nForce chipset desktop MOBO system CPU?

• Intel Penryn (Wolfdale)
    • Intel Penryn (Yorkdale)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Quad)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Dual)
    • Intel Core 2 Quad
    • Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Intel Pentium D9xx
    • Intel Pentium D8xx
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Celeron D
    • AMD Phenom
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMP Sempron

964 posts in this topic

so........ i`m going to install this drivers, tell me if it`s ok and I do it nowwwww :(

Language English and Spanish

iDeneb Essential System

Alternative patch: ACPI kext 10.5.6 and PS2 fix for ACPI kext 10.5.6 because i have both PS2 mouse and keyboard

Audio Alc888

Chipset AppleNForceATA

Kernel 9.5.0 Voodoo

Network Realtek R1000

Fix AppleSMBIOS 800 , Seatbelt fix and ACPI-SMC fix

Video Nvdarwin 256 MB

Applications...all

It looks OK and worth trying.........but personally I would not initially install any audio, video and network drivers UNTIL I had the basic OS X system working OK.......they can be installed afterwards.......

It looks OK and worth trying.........but personally I would not initially install any audio, video and network drivers UNTIL I had the basic OS X system working OK.......they can be installed afterwards.......

well...........here I am again, with bad news, nothing happened, I installed the ACPI kext, the ps2 fix and the ACPI-SMC fix but didn`t manage to enter the welcome screen :wacko: it just freezes at the same screen, the one i post minutes ago so..................what else can I do? in my opinion the drivers are ok so i don`t understand why it freezes at that screen...

well...........here I am again, with bad news, nothing happened, I installed the ACPI kext, the ps2 fix and the ACPI-SMC fix but didn`t manage to enter the welcome screen B) it just freezes at the same screen, the one i post minutes ago so..................what else can I do? in my opinion the drivers are ok so i don`t understand why it freezes at that screen...

The other possibility is a "bad" BIOS........ :( you may need a BIOS update or a DSDT-modded BIOS......suggest that you contact OriginalMACNUT here to ask if he will mod your BIOS.......

The other possibility is a "bad" BIOS........you may need a BIOS update or a DSDT-modded BIOS......

well here ends my story I think... :(

i don`t know what it is a DSDT-modded BIOS and I don`t know what else to doin order to boot macOs i guess I will have to change the motherboard or.....mmm I will think in another solution :/

well here ends my story I think... :(

i don`t know what it is a DSDT-modded BIOS and I don`t know what else to doin order to boot macOs i guess I will have to change the motherboard or.....mmm I will think in another solution :/

All you need to do is contact OriginalMACNUT here to ask if he will mod your BIOS for you......

as been able to boot your pc using a nvidia 610i chipset?

I have a motherboard p6ngm the msi with the nvidia 610i chipset, but is a mcp73v, and I can not start in any way, I did an update to the bios, and still giving the error of calibration failed, you know what I mean can do for it?

as been able to boot your pc using a nvidia 610i chipset?

I have a motherboard p6ngm the msi with the nvidia 610i chipset, but is a mcp73v, and I can not start in any way, I did an update to the bios, and still giving the error of calibration failed, you know what I mean can do for it?

Your link http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5353/22022009108.jpg gives 404 - Not Found.......so cannot see to help.....

Suggest you try my Kalyway 10.5.2 install guide here........choosing NVinject-512 for your video card........

@DISORDEN

Hi mate. As verdant suggested you to ask for a modded BIOS and I know you´re kinda unhappy with your many tries on making OS X works in your rig, I asked OriginalMACNUT to mod your BIOS and I believe as soon as it ready he will let me know.

ASAP I´ll be writing to you telling where you can download your modded BIOS.

I hope this modded BIOS solves all your problems on making OS X works for you.

[]´s

Hi all,

I've got iDeneb 1.4 and here's my system:

XFX 680iLTsli board

Q6600

4x2Gb PC6400

2x160GB sata2

2x500GB sata2

1xAtheros based D-Link wifi

1xPioneer DVD RW etctetc

2xNvidia 8800GTS512

1xSamsung Syncmaster 245Bplus

1xLogitech G5 laser mouse (usb)

1xLogitech keyboard (ps/2)

I tried installing iDeneb and I can select a disk to install iDeneb to, My mouse and keyboard work but after installation iDeneb doesn't work. It does some weird things on boot with the display.

After that I did a custom install, selected NVinject, SSE3 kernel, the appropriate ALC audio driver, Atheros wifi, NForceATA.

With this install my system keeps waiting for some firewire thingy so I figure I need to use the remove firewire fix too?

Is there anything else I need to select on install to get iDeneb working on my pc?

Patrick

btw. I tried creating a raid-0 volume to install iDeneb too but the installer keeps ending up with the fact that after creating the span, there is nothing to install to. It doesn't seem to activate the raid-0. How come?

Your first issue will probably be the ps/2 keyboard and an USB mouse.......OS X is not designed for PS/2 and is much happier to see a USB keyboard and USB mouse.......

Your second will be BIOS RAID since AFIK OS X does not like fake-hardware RAID via BIOS RAID.......

Your third will be that MOBOs with nVidia chipsets, i.e. nForce chipsets do not generally work well, if at all, with dual nVidia GFX cards............in most, if not all cases, one of the nVidia GFX cards needs to be physically removed.....I am quite happy to be proven wrong on this.....AFIK the 9500 and 9600 are G94 and G96 cards, while the 9800gx2 and the 9800gtx, 8800gt, 8800gts are all G92 cards.......

If your DVDRW is a PATA drive make sure that it is jumpered as Master and connected to end connector not the middle cable connector (if there is a middle connector).....

When you boot from the OS X install DVD, boot with "-v cpus=1 maxmem=2048" excluding quotes......also from the OS X HDD.......until you can install slashack's nForceATA.kext and Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel.....

Initially install OS X without any video, network and audio driver selections in the Customize menu.......they can be installed after you have the basic OS X system running......

When replying to this PM please do so in my Pre-Series 7 thread...... :D

With iDeneb 1.4 the PS/2 keyboard + USB mouse combo is no problem. It works when I boot the install DVD and enter volume names for my disks and move the mouse pointer etc.

I didn't try BIOS raid, I tried making a raid-0 volume in the OSX installer.

My DVD is pata and connected to a cable with only 1 connector and jumpered master. Booting the iDeneb 1.4 dvd and installing works like a charm.

The issue I seem to have after install finished is a firewire issue.

@ bozotheclown - are you having any USB device (e.g. memory stick) mounting issues after bootup......ensure that you have the same kernel and System.kext versions.......see here.......

No post in #588.....? BTW breakingbad has requested a modded BIOS from OriginalMACNUT for you.....

The problem seems to be with the AppleAHCIPort.kext......

AFIK the mach_kernel should not be trying to load the AppleAHCIPort.kext but rather the AppleNForceATA.kext since you have an nForce chipset MOBO......

What distro installed OS X system are you currently trying to boot from on your HDD?.......what kernel did you choose in the Customize menu......, and what chipset did you choose in the Customize menu......you need only choose nForceATA.....

Im getting the 'stop sign' error after booting from the HDD, using iATKOS 4.1 and im going on the pointers you've given me in a previous post...

'iATKOS v4i Main System Y

Darwin Bootloader Y

Stock Files

AppleACPIPlatform.kext N

Kernel 9.4.0 N

Additional Patches

Darwin X86 for MBR (Non-EFI) N

Kernel 9.2.0. ToH N

nForce kernels

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core EFI Y

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core Non-EFI N

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce SSE3 Non-EFI N

SMBIOS drivers

AppleSMBIOS netkas Y

AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. iMac N

AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. MacBook N

Patch for PS2 Y

Remove Thermal kexts Y

Drivers N

VGA N

System

SATA N

nForce SATA Y

Intel Speedstep N

ext2fs N

NTFS-3G N

Network N'

Also please note, there was no option for 'Patch for PS2' in my install.

Hope this helps.

Im getting the 'stop sign' error after booting from the HDD, using iATKOS 4.1 and im going on the pointers you've given me in a previous post...

'iATKOS v4i Main System Y

Darwin Bootloader Y

Stock Files

AppleACPIPlatform.kext N

Kernel 9.4.0 N

Additional Patches

Darwin X86 for MBR (Non-EFI) N

Kernel 9.2.0. ToH N

nForce kernels

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core EFI Y

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core Non-EFI N

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce SSE3 Non-EFI N

SMBIOS drivers

AppleSMBIOS netkas Y

AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. iMac N

AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. MacBook N

Patch for PS2 Y

Remove Thermal kexts Y

Drivers N

VGA N

System

SATA N

nForce SATA Y

Intel Speedstep N

ext2fs N

NTFS-3G N

Network N'

Also please note, there was no option for 'Patch for PS2' in my install.

Hope this helps.

Please always boot with -v so that I get more detail on the errors on booting......are you still getting the "failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort" and "Still waiting for root device" errors......?

Please try with

Kernel 9.2.0. ToH Y

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core EFI N

Please always boot with -v so that I get more detail on the errors on booting......are you still getting the "failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort" and "Still waiting for root device" errors......?

Please try with

Kernel 9.2.0. ToH Y

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core EFI N

OK, installed the Kernal 9.2.0. ToH and still getting 'failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort' and also 'Still waiting for root device'

post-373953-1236082207_thumb.jpg

OK, installed the Kernal 9.2.0. ToH and still getting 'failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort' and also 'Still waiting for root device'

post-373953-1236082207_thumb.jpg

I am thinking about what to do.........

Boot from a working OS X Install DVD and go to Terminal in Disk Utility.

In Terminal type what is in quotes (minus quotes) and press Enter after each line

"cd /Volumes/Enter your HDD Name here/System/Library/Extensions"

"ls"

ls will list the files in the Extensions directory.......

Let me know if AppleAHCIPort.kext is present......

If it is then in Terminal type what is in quotes (minus quotes) and press Enter after each line

"sudo mv AppleAHCIPort.kext AppleAHCIPort.kext.orig"

mv renames AppleAHCIPort.kext to AppleAHCIPort.kext.orig

"exit"

exit closes the Terminal session

Exit Disk Utility, Click Restart button in DVD Installer menu........the system should start booting from the HDD.....

@DISORDEN

Hi mate. As verdant suggested you to ask for a modded BIOS and I know you´re kinda unhappy with your many tries on making OS X works in your rig, I asked OriginalMACNUT to mod your BIOS and I believe as soon as it ready he will let me know.

ASAP I´ll be writing to you telling where you can download your modded BIOS.

I hope this modded BIOS solves all your problems on making OS X works for you.

[]´s

hi mate, sory i didn`t read your reply so I didn`t notice that you are helping me, I thank you a lot, since last year I am trying to install any distro in order to run mac but I am a newbie and i don`t know much about this :wacko:

thanks again for the help :D

Working for 730i/9300geforce chipset??

Post your BIOS screen shots here and post what the BIOS option parameters are........I will then be in a better position to answer your question........my guess is no CI/QE at present from integrated 9300 GPU as per 7000 series GPU.......

friends what can I do to fix this problem of "calibration failed" in my motherboard MSI p6ngm with nvidia 610i chipset-MCP73v. Whenever I try to start the system displays the error "calibration failed" :lol:

After you have installed Kalyway OS X 10.5.2 on your hard drive, are you remembering to remove the Install DVD from the PC before rebooting......?

You may need a modded BIOS also......since there is an OriginalMACNUT modded BIOS for (MS)-7366v13 *(NMS) P6NGM-FIH...BUT YOU NEED to be sure that it matches your MOBO model detals EXACTLY before using it AT YOUR OWN RISK.....breakingbad from Brazil has experience of using an OriginalMACNUT modded MSI P6N SLI Platinum BIOS......

7000 series GPU has full CI/QE?

Not AFIK based on the posts from users having MOBOs with it.......so until your integrated graphics is fully supported, just run in VESA 3.0 mode.......

1. After rebooting by typing -s at the boot: prompt and waiting for the prompt

:/ root# to appear, type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for :/ root# to re-appear:

mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.kext

followed finally by exit.

"logout" will then appear on screen followed by "Jettisoning kernel linker" and the rest of the verbose booting screen, resulting in successful booting into the OS X Welcome screen and music.....

2. The System Profiler shows under Graphics/Displays, 1024x768 resolution 32-bit Color depth and 32MB VRAM with Software Driven CI and QE Not Supported, and against Kernel Extension Info: No kext loaded

3. Modify the com.apple.Boot.plist file as follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere except where there are spaces)

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1080x32@60" BUT using your display resolution.....

between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press Ctrl X to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.