Mac OS X 10.5.5 VMware Virtual Machine Image (iDeneb 10.5.5)

132 posts in this topic

ask around im sure someone has an invitation code...

i would give it 2 you but at this time i dont have any

has Anyone?

I don't know when they open for registration but seems like it isn't going to be soon :)

I promise to stay seeding for a month. :D

Cheers!

I've downloaded that and installed vmware, but it doesnt want to boot.

I get that message (which i have no idea what means):

boot0: GPT

boot0: HFS+

boot0: booting

boot0: done

boot1: error_

I tried with bios boot options, but nothing.

WTF?

(using ubuntu 8.10)

for some reason some machines cannot run this image :)... you might want to give it a try in another machine...

Yeah, it's odd... works on my AMD Athlon 3700+ Windows7b machine (but trying to run XCode reboots it!) and not on any of my Vista (intel, x32, x64) desktops... but works on my intel x32 thinkpad.

That's really odd.

Xelabo and TopoX - thanks for the impressive effort!

hi, all:

this is awesome!!! it is working. very strange though, last night, it won't work. it got stuck at the blue screen. left it all night. still at the blue screen next day. i turned it off and now, turned it on again. when i saw the blue screen, just moved mouse a little bit. after a while, i got in. i don't know if that mouse move made a difference or what. but i am happy. i am doing software update now. ethernet works out of box.

thanks Xelabo and TopoX for the great work!!!

jw

just some info. don't do mac os x software update. if i just did, got that CPU has been disabled message from vmware. so, now this vm is hosed.

jw

For everyone trying to get audio working, I used the patch and followed the instructions here, and it started working! It does stutter, this seems to be a known issue, related more to new versions of VMW than anything else from what I have been able to gather.

Good luck! :D

That worked for me. Not real smooth but better than silence.

Now all that is left.

1. QE\CI (Funny thing when I installed native on my laptop I had these working. Would love for it to work in VM)

2. VTools (need hardware acceleration).

has Anyone?

I don't know when they open for registration but seems like it isn't going to be soon :D

I promise to stay seeding for a month. :wacko:

Cheers!

Is possible to someone send me the torrent file? :D

I'm really sad that only "registered" users can download it :)

Is possible to someone send me the torrent file? :D

I'm really sad that only "registered" users can download it :wacko:

If you have vmware workstation and want to try, I have a success story on installing iatkos v5i on vmware and docummented see my signature for the details ...

-- good luck --

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, this refuses to work for me. (This is on an actual MacBook, with VMware Fusion 2)

I try to create a new virtual machine. I navigate to the vmdk file that contains the virtual hard disk. It does not boot.

I only recently downloaded this, so I have yet to <s>strangle it</s> exhaust all of my resources. Maybe if I just double-click on the vmx file...

Mac user account password is "Xelabo". Feel free to change or remove that. I would advise you to keep a password however for confirmation when changing system files / installing kexts.

Preinstalled Leopard 10.5.5 image, tested on VMware Workstation 6 and WMware Player.

Sound driver not installed, everything else works.

Please read the details regarding PCWIZ's 10.5.2 Release here:

http://######.com/index.php?Itemid=...t&task=view

It is assumed (not tested!) that the same requirements / patches apply to this as well.

People with Intel SSE3 CPUs just need to power this on as it will work "out-of-the-box".

More info will be added later.

I would like to apologize for rushing this out like this, but I do not have too much time on my hands at the moment.

***Search for the torrent on either the Green Demon site or Pirate ship.***

P.S. I should soon be able to post more details about this here: http://www.xelabo.com

hello

I have registered this forum, but I couln'd see the links ?

Can somebody help me please ?

where / how can I download idenen vm image ?

regards

hello

I have registered this forum, but I couln'd see the links ?

Can somebody help me please ?

where / how can I download idenen vm image ?

regards

There is no download link. You'll need to find it yourself using Google or your other favorite search engine.

• 3 weeks later...

tried to run the image on my vista 64 machine running on an intel quad core processor but image kept crashing. used the latest vmware workstation version.

anyone can advise what to do? need to run this really badly on my work pc, currently i only run mac osx on my macbook pro.

here is where it stops when run in -v mode (actually keeps storing a crash report, over and over again)

post-389804-1236627698_thumb.png

here are my computer specs

post-389804-1236627716_thumb.png

Hey TopoX....

I am using iDebneb 10.5.5 version on vmware...

you said in ur post that OS X is working like a charm, but its really sluggish in my system...it not smooth and buttons, links , dock, menus open after a long time...What are the specs that you allocated to the VM??

I downloaded the file from someother place than demonoid and the password used was Xelabo... so its not the one u uploaded. I am not looking for some killer graphics but atleast the system should be usable...its too sluggish..

It would be great if u can suggest any changes that i need to make it work smooth...early reply would be helpful..thanks

my system specs

2ghz core 2

4gig ram..

vmware 6.5.1

doesn't work, freezes in the grey loading screen with the apple logo.

e6300

8800gts

2GB RAM

AB9 motherboard

lite-on dvdrw LH-18A1H ATA

WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 ATA hard-drive

vista 32-bit

vmware 6.5.01 build-126130

from demonoid uploaded by TopoX84 (thanks :))

I've tried installing various versions both on HDD and on vmware. nothing works. incompatible hardware I guess

leovzo.th.jpg

I get the same when starting the guest with "-f -v":

Host: E8400, Vista x64, VMware 6.5.1 build-126130

FYI: I can restore the snapshot created on 1/2/2009 and that works fine until I reboot.

Crash after loading dsmos.kext "DontStealMacOS.kext"

OSX_10_5_5-2009-03-14-18-42-29.png

OSX_10_5_5-2009-03-14-18-43-37.png

if I boot with "-s -v" I get a little further

OSX_10_5_5-2009-03-14-18-53-11.png

• 4 weeks later...

Downloaded and works great -- however what is the password to "su -" for root? It is neither of the passwords posted here, "password" nor "Xelabo" work?

Also, any luck installing VMtools?

My system:

OpenSuse 11.1

VMware 6.5

Dell Latitude D630

Downloaded and works great -- however what is the password to "su -" for root? It is neither of the passwords posted here, "password" nor "Xelabo" work?

Also, any luck installing VMtools?

I have the exact same issues - root password and vmtools, any luck Rambo?