Mac OS X 10.5.5 VMware Virtual Machine Image (iDeneb 10.5.5)

132 posts in this topic

Another way:

Follow the guide here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=118663

Instead of using retail Leopard DVD, put the iAtkos V7 10.5.7 DVD in and boot. Select the default customization. If all goes well, it should install fine.

You can run software upgrade to 10.5.8 without problem. If it locks up during first boot try reset the VM it should work.

Max

If you want to update to 10.5.7:

Download the iDeneb Combo Update to 10.5.7 and follow on-screen instructions. When the darwin bootloader shows up, press any key and type in "anv" to boot successfully.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello:

I registered to share my success, with the "crashing" issue. First, to all of those that are having the CRASH issue after the login window verbose text, the error is below:

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=33[loginwindow] clearing CS_VALIDCODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=31pmds] clearing CS_VALID[date] localhost DirectoryService[42]: Launched version 5.5 (v514.23)[date]

localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow[33]: Login Window Application Started[date] localhost DirectoryService[42]: Unable to create DirectoryService store for SystemConfiguration registration for NetworkNotification

crash using uid: 0 gid:0, euid:0 egid: 0[date] localhost ReportCrash[85]: Saved crashreport to /Library/Logs/Crashreporter/configd_[date]_locahost

My system specs are:

Intel i7, NVidia Chipset Tri-SLI mobo, geforce 285 gtx, onboard Silicon Image controller RAID0

I tried to install and use the free VMware Player first, because I did not want to install the workstation. I tried editing the config file to no ends, following the instructions on OSx86's Wiki (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Vmware), etc. No go.

I installed an evaluation of VMWare 6.5.3. No go. Tried changing all sorts of settings. No go.

Then, digging deep, I found this one settings:

Edit virtual machine settings -> Hardware Tab -> Processors -> Execution Mode.

I changed the "Preferred mode" to several options. The one that got it to boot, successfully, was: "Binary translation" w/"VMWare kernel paravirtualization".

Now, I am writing this without fully testing all of the other Preferred modes and changing other settings. But, I wanted to know exactly what got it to boot on my system, after spending nearly a day on this thing on and off between meetings.

So, I recommend changing the Preferred mode to at least Binary, and then try other modes to see what it best performs in. On older CPUs (again, I have the i7), some of the options will be different then others. But, binary translation should be on everyone's version.

I believe it is also the slowest option though. So, tweak the checkboxes and different dropdowns. It got it working for me.

EDIT: I tried all modes, and they work. I am even using 2 virtual CPUs. What made it work was the checkbox entry for "VMWare kernel paravirtualization". Without this checked, I get the crash noted above. Reading the help file, it says "If you have a VMI enabled kernel." Odd, OSX supprots VMWare? :guitar: lol

Long story short, it was the "VMWare kernel paravirtualization" that made it work on my i7.

post-479291-1251484971_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Long story short, it was the "VMWare kernel paravirtualization" that made it work on my i7.

Had to register simply to say thanks for posting this fix for i7 - I had the same problem and "VMWare kernel paravirtualization" has fixed it  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I got it up and running but can't log in as root cause the Mac Admin password doesn't work. Has anyone found one that works? I've used all the one's listed in this thread and more "Xelabo" "xelabo" "Xelabos" "xelabos" "Password" "password" "".........

A lot of others are having this same problem. So whats the password?

edit:

WOOOOHHOOO!! Here is the fix. I found it on another site

============================================================================

PokerCrow at 2009-10-19 02:38 CET:

This sure works, and regarding the root user password everybody is complaining I was having the same issue and after a whole day of struggling with the VM I found the solution... and I can't believe it was that simple! The reason no password works with the root user is that there's no root user enabled!! To remedy this go to Utilities > Directory Utility. Click the lock open to allow changes and you'll be asked for the Mac Admin password (which is "password"). Now go to the "Edit" menu on the top bar and select "Enable Root User" where you'll be asked to provide a password. Voilá!! Now you can login on the terminal.

============================================================================

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using VMWare Workstation 6.5.1 build 126130 on Vista X64 with 8gb ram, using this 10.5.5 image, given 1572mb ram, booting with -v just sits repeating:

crash using uid: 0 gid:0, euid:0 egid: 0
[date] localhost ReportCrash[85]: Saved crashreport to /Library/Logs/Crashreporter/configd_[date]_locahost

Right after

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=33[loginwindow] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=31pmds] clearing CS_VALID
[date] localhost DirectoryService[42]: Launched version 5.5 (v514.23)
[date] localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow[33]: Login Window Application Started
[date] localhost DirectoryService[42]: Unable to create DirectoryService store for SystemConfiguration registration for NetworkNotification

Ideas?

H

Faced same problem -system hangs at boot with above diagnostic, tried with "VMWare kernel paraVirtualization" option in the Processor Setting, it worked but it consumes 45-50% CPU (when selected 1 CPU) , 90-100% CPU when 2-CPU selcted.

I have a MacBook with Core-2 Duo, windows-2008 server as Host OS, so try if it works for you

-B

• 2 months later...

Hi.

Thank you but i doesn't work for me. Downloaded it and openened the machine in Workstation 7. Mac OS starts to boot and the grey screen with the apple and the loading animation apperas but nothing further?

I'm trying to run it on a Thinkpad T400 with a C2D.

Thanks for the help

• 3 weeks later...
ive been stuck at the loading screen for a couple minutes

post-368116-1233512907_thumb.jpg

is there anything I can do, or should I just try and wait it out too see if it works?

Any one here can help? I faced the same problem with 7w1sT and Eikcuhc Neither work on Workstation 7 nor 6.5

ive been stuck at the loading screen for a couple minutes

post-368116-1233512907_thumb.jpg

is there anything I can do, or should I just try and wait it out too see if it works?

Hi.

Thank you but i doesn't work for me. Downloaded it and openened the machine in Workstation 7. Mac OS starts to boot and the grey screen with the apple and the loading animation apperas but nothing further?

I'm trying to run it on a Thinkpad T400 with a C2D.

Thanks for the help

Found the solution for this: It's done by some settings from virtual processor.

More info:http://digitalmemo.neobie.net/2010/03/08/s...een-with-apple/

BTW, this forum is not good. I lost my cursor and cannot type anything in reply textbox from firefox.

I am using Chrome now :(

• 5 weeks later...
Mac user account password is "Xelabo". Feel free to change or remove that. I would advise you to keep a password however for confirmation when changing system files / installing kexts.

Preinstalled Leopard 10.5.5 image, tested on VMware Workstation 6 and WMware Player.

Sound driver not installed, everything else works.

Please read the details regarding PCWIZ's 10.5.2 Release here:

http://######.com/index.php?Itemid=...t&task=view

It is assumed (not tested!) that the same requirements / patches apply to this as well.

People with Intel SSE3 CPUs just need to power this on as it will work "out-of-the-box".

More info will be added later.

I would like to apologize for rushing this out like this, but I do not have too much time on my hands at the moment.

***Search for the torrent on either the Green Demon site or Pirate ship.***

P.S. I should soon be able to post more details about this here: http://www.xelabo.com

What version of Mac OS X Did you use for this image? What distro etc...

Hello!

I just downloaded VMWare 10.5.5 image. EVERYTHING is working, sound, network, usb drives but i have one problem. How can i sync IPhone to iTunes? Its seen as "apple device" and Mac OsX sees it as usb camera so its connected. Yet itunes does NOT see this, it should appear in itunes left column and it doesnt. HELP

hi there, i have this error after grey apple logo:

"a virtual cpu has entered shutdown state." (see on picture)

mainboard: asus m3a78-cm

cpu: amd phenom ii x4 955

ram: ocz reaper 4gb ddr2

vmware workstation 7

windows 7 64bit

can anyone help me?

post-601732-1270998466_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
Would anyone like to share with how to download this torrent. I tried to, but since I'm not a member of Demonoid it won't let me, and of course Demonoid is closed to new registrations.

the

piratebay.org

/torrent/4798016/MAC_OS_X_Leopard_10.5.5_VMware_Image

Combine these lines and you have the to download it :huh:

As apple does not allow macos to be virtualized on non-apple hardware, there won't be any official support from vmware for windows. However... I wonder about vmware fusion 2, fast search showed that there are vmware additions for leopard in the fusion, wonder if these can be used to install in virtualized leopard under windows...

Yes you can use the darwin.iso found in "Library\Application Support\VMWare" after you install Fusion, to install the VMWare tools for OS X. You must attach the file as a virtual DVD once OS X is up and running in your VM. I used the ones from VMWare Fusion 3 on my 10.6.3 VM. It gave me the ability to change resolutions and mouse grab features, but no Unity or multi monitor.

PM me if you need help in getting the VMWare tools installed

• 3 weeks later...

If I have a bridged connection, (I use a D-Link Wireless dual band N wifi-card) why does the Mac virtual machine not detect the connection???

i need link too, tks

email me smooth_verses@yahoo.com, and I will point you in the right direction. Not sure if posting the link will violate site rules.

• 4 months later...