Mac OS X 10.5.5 VMware Virtual Machine Image (iDeneb 10.5.5)

132 posts in this topic

As it turns out, on this virtual machine, simply updating 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 via Software Update ruins the virtual machine. I'm running it on VMware Player, where 10.5.5 works likes a charm. To anyone who is able to use Xelabo's 10.5.5 virtual machine on VMware Player, I would like to know in that situation how to successfully update it to 10.5.6 without ruining the VM. Any help is appreciated, and I thank you for your time.

Awesome. Everything except audio works for me, including the iPhone SDK and Xcode and iPhone emulator. All works.

All I did after first boot was install firefox, run all updates except 10.5.6 and reboot. Then I took a snapshot and installed iphone sdk, everything worked first try. Maybe updates did the trick?

Anyone have any hints for getting audio to work? I'm using vmware server 2.0 on Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid.

Also, anyone now anything about setting up vmware tools to improve performance? That might be impossible but I found a few rumors of people playing around with it. If the performance were good and I could get audio working this setup would be pretty much perfect.

SWEET !

thank you for the release :) i love it....

at the begining it was giving me problems lol...

after i installed tiger made the patch for AMD and crossed fingers to see it work....

works great... fast and smooth :D

so far it is running like a kitty in my AMD

thank you again

TopoX

Excuse me, but I was wonder how exactly I should extract these, because each of the .rar file contain the same type of file, and vista is asking me to replace it when I try to drag it into one folder. Sorry, but I'm new to this kind of thing and I was just wondering how everybody got it working. If somebody could post some instructions, that would be nice. I already downloaded it and everything, I just don't know how to get it up and running on Vmware. Also, I was unsure about whether or not this would work on Vmware Server, but if it doesn't I'll just tweak it using the PCwiz guide. I just want to know how to get it running, for now. :D:)

Excuse me, but I was wonder how exactly I should extract these, because each of the .rar file contain the same type of file, and vista is asking me to replace it when I try to drag it into one folder. Sorry, but I'm new to this kind of thing and I was just wondering how everybody got it working. If somebody could post some instructions, that would be nice. I already downloaded it and everything, I just don't know how to get it up and running on Vmware. Also, I was unsure about whether or not this would work on Vmware Server, but if it doesn't I'll just tweak it using the PCwiz guide. I just want to know how to get it running, for now. :):D

well i dnt knw if it work with vmware server but it does sure work with workstation and player/..

all u got to do is extract the file

open vmware workstation or player

instead of create new virtual machine click on d open exsting virtual machine

try and locate where u have unrared ur d download virtual machine

u shld see a file with a vmdk extention

click on em and pup u r up and running mac crazy

can somee please describe hw to get the sound work this looks lovely

as for the resolution i advise u follow pcwiz step and get that done

For everyone trying to get audio working, I used the patch and followed the instructions here, and it started working! It does stutter, this seems to be a known issue, related more to new versions of VMW than anything else from what I have been able to gather.

Good luck! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Cant comment on how good this image is, as i cant get it to run =( but from feedback it sounds good.

So, help please =)...

I have a Centrino 2GHZ, i am guessing this is only an SSE2 Chip.

The image states only intel SSE3, and patch for AMD SSE3.

So i am guessing i need to patch for SSE2? Or cant this be done?

I have 10.4 working in wmware on my machine, and just wanted to see what Leo was all about without installing it in my HDD in a partition.

I got kalyway to run in a partition, but with no drivers for my wifi is seemed pointless keeping it as all my work is done on the internet, well most.

So getting it to run in VMWARE should give me inet right?

Thanks all!

Hi guys,

I have uploaded a version of Xelabo's image to demonoid.com

just look for "MAC OS X Leopard 10.5.5 VMware Image"

all the info is on the site before downloading the torrent... Xelabo: i changed the password to make it easier

**NOTE - all the credit goes to Xelabo for making the image...

AMD patch has being applied as well no need to do that step :blowup: g luck and happy dling

Hi guys,

all the info is on the site before downloading the torrent... Xelabo: i changed the password to make it easier

AMD patch has being applied as well no need to do that step ;) g luck and happy dling

Thats not fair. I don't have a demonoid account :D and I can't find it anywhere in the internet neither :D

Thats not fair. I don't have a demonoid account sad.gif and I can't find it anywhere in the internet neither sad.gif

ask around im sure someone has an invitation code...

i would give it 2 you but at this time i dont have any

Hi guys,

AMD patch has being applied as well no need to do that step :) g luck and happy dling

I'm using VMWare Workstation 6.5.1 build 126130 on Vista X64 with 8gb ram, using this 10.5.5 image, given 1572mb ram, booting with -v just sits repeating:

crash using uid: 0 gid:0, euid:0 egid: 0
[date] localhost ReportCrash[85]: Saved crashreport to /Library/Logs/Crashreporter/configd_[date]_locahost

Right after

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=33[loginwindow] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=31pmds] clearing CS_VALID
[date] localhost DirectoryService[42]: Launched version 5.5 (v514.23)
[date] localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow[33]: Login Window Application Started
[date] localhost DirectoryService[42]: Unable to create DirectoryService store for SystemConfiguration registration for NetworkNotification

Ideas?

H