NForce 630i Chipset with ALC888 using Kalyway 10.5.2

miroesq

10 posts in this topic

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my XFX MG-630I-7109 with an Nvidia 7600 GT (PCIe) video card and everything is working great except the audio. The onboard audio consists of a Realtek ALC888 audio card, an Nvidia HD audio card and SPDIF-Out. The audio jacks on the board are as follows:

1. Center/Subwoofer

2. Rear Left/Rear Right

3. Surround Left/Surround Right

4. Line-In

5. Line-Out

6. Mic-In

7. SPIDF-Out

Board's URL is http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/motherb...ries/630.aspx#1 Specs are for the 7159 board, which are the same except that I do not have SPDIF-In.

FYI, since this board uses an nForce 630i chipset, I am utilizing the sleepkernel.

I installed the ALC888Audio.mpkg and tried each of the different installations, 3 channels, 3 channels + digital, 6 channels, 6 channels + digital, but nothing worked.

I then downloaded HDA Patcher 1.2 and tried all the KEXT files I could get my hands on, but those did not work either.

Lastly, I downloaded the AzaliaAudio.pkg, but that did not work either.

I've been trying to get this to work for over a week now and have had a post about this issue for three days now without a response.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is my first OSX86 install so my Mac/Linux knowledge although getting better, is minimal.

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my XFX MG-630I-7109 with an Nvidia 7600 GT (PCIe) video card and everything is working great except the audio. The onboard audio consists of a Realtek ALC888 audio card, an Nvidia HD audio card and SPDIF-Out. The audio jacks on the board are as follows:

1. Center/Subwoofer

2. Rear Left/Rear Right

3. Surround Left/Surround Right

4. Line-In

5. Line-Out

6. Mic-In

7. SPIDF-Out

Board's URL is http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/motherb...ries/630.aspx#1 Specs are for the 7159 board, which are the same except that I do not have SPDIF-In.

FYI, since this board uses an nForce 630i chipset, I am utilizing the sleepkernel.

I installed the ALC888Audio.mpkg and tried each of the different installations, 3 channels, 3 channels + digital, 6 channels, 6 channels + digital, but nothing worked.

I then downloaded HDA Patcher 1.2 and tried all the KEXT files I could get my hands on, but those did not work either.

Lastly, I downloaded the AzaliaAudio.pkg, but that did not work either.

I've been trying to get this to work for over a week now and have had a post about this issue for three days now without a response.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is my first OSX86 install so my Mac/Linux knowledge although getting better, is minimal.

I as well, I am using a alc888 on an intel ICH9 - and i tried every codec dump - every package, all i can get is the ID showing up in the system profiler but no sound input shown in the system preferences...

I just installed iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 on the same system as in my original post #1 and I am still not getting any sound. I tried all of the different sound configurations that came with the iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5, but nothing. I also installed all of the sound options for the ALC 883, ALC 888, Taruga ALC 883 & Taruga ALC 888 simultaneously from the DVD installation, but nothing.

FYI, I tried different combinations of teh 9.2 Sleep Kernel, 9.4.0 Stage XNU Kernel and the Apple NForce ATA Test chipset.

Is there anyone who has the nForce 630i chipset that has sound in Leopard? Or is there anyone who knows what the hell we are doing wrong here? Much appreciated

Stupid noob question, but could someone tell me if there is a way to purge your sound card setup and install new sound options from the install DVD without having to reinstall the entire Mac OS X again? Thanks

I've also tried just about everything (some combos of AppleHDA + HDAEnabler show something in system profiler but nothing in system preferences) including MadTux's manual method. I am running the 10.5.5 with 9.4 Stage XNU on a Gigabyte GA-73-PVM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dustin

I got it working!!! With absolutely no patching necessary. Well, only my SPDIF works, lineout does not seem to work, haven't tested anything else, it probably is just some pin configuration. Go to post 29 at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&start=20# and download the file posted by MadTux. Make sure you have HDAenabler installed.

Dustin

I got it working!!! With absolutely no patching necessary. Well, only my SPDIF works, lineout does not seem to work, haven't tested anything else, it probably is just some pin configuration. Go to post 29 at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&start=20# and download the file posted by MadTux. Make sure you have HDAenabler installed.

Dustin

I'm not using SPDIF. I'm only using line out. Let us know your complete hardware configuration and which OSX you are using including setup options.

Thanks

I just installed iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 on the same system as in my original post #1 and I am still not getting any sound. I tried all of the different sound configurations that came with the iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5, but nothing. I also installed all of the sound options for the ALC 883, ALC 888, Taruga ALC 883 & Taruga ALC 888 simultaneously from the DVD installation, but nothing.

FYI, I tried different combinations of teh 9.2 Sleep Kernel, 9.4.0 Stage XNU Kernel and the Apple NForce ATA Test chipset.

Is there anyone who has the nForce 630i chipset that has sound in Leopard? Or is there anyone who knows what the hell we are doing wrong here? Much appreciated

Stupid noob question, but could someone tell me if there is a way to purge your sound card setup and install new sound options from the install DVD without having to reinstall the entire Mac OS X again? Thanks

Could you please tell me which options did you choose??

• 2 weeks later...
Could you please tell me which options did you choose??

I have been asked this question a couple of times. Unfortunately, I am just beginner at Mac OSX86. but the install were as easy as they could be, especially the one for iDened v1.3 10.5.5.

Vanilla, Sleep Kernel and the modified Kernel (don't remember the name right now and I am not home where the computer is) worked for me.

One install had the all of the sound options for the ALC888 checked and one didn't (both worked).

Always used NVinjected 1.2 256, but you guys should not use that since I have an Nvidia PICe Geforce 7600 GT card.

The UX 11 option was checked.

I did not install any printers.

I installed all 3rd party applications.

As I said it was pretty straight forward.

However, I must warn you, that I think there must have also been a problem with the install because while everything appeared to work fine, the OS, utilities, programs such as transmission, etc. the one thing that did not work was Pwnage tool 2.1. If you are not familiar with this program, it is a program used to pwn the iPhone. Although it ran, when it came to putting the iPhone into DFU mode, it just wouldn't work. There is a whole timed procedure which you are supposed to follow such as hold the home and power button down for 10 seconds. These 10 seconds will be counted down on screen, but they would be more like 25+ seconds so obviously somethign with the timing was totally off.