Help me upgrade iATKOS 4i to 10.5.5

AvinashRx

23 posts in this topic

I am not able to update iATKOS 4 to 10.5.5 whenever i install I get a Kernel Panic in the middle and then it asks me to restart my computer and after that mac doesn't load up but keeps on restarting it self........PLS help...... I had installed

1.My Nvidia 512 MB Driver

2. Sata Driver

3. NTFS support driver

4. Intel Speedster

These four were checked along with the main system files along with the Darwin Bootloader.....Is there anything else i need to install along with these ....... Any kind of help will be appreciated ....

Thanks

the panic in the middle is the piracy protection installing and stopping the kernel

there's a script to remove it as soon as it's installed, but it never works for me, it installs and runs before the script catches it

I now use the intelCPUPMDisabler.kext on my machines so they will update without crashing

when it boots up after the install it'll do a little update and reboot again, use -v so you can watch it

its still not working......ya it does gets install smoothly but after that Mac doesnt load up.....it gets restart before the apple logo is shown.....and it keeps on restarting..........

Krr u can also try and tell your results

Could you please help us know how exactly you installed it.....wat all patches you installed....Pls help!!!!

It worked for me, except I had to reinstall my HD 3650 Drivers.

I didn't have an Don't steal Mac Os X.kext though

Could you pls tell me wat all you checked during installation..........can you upload a video showing this.....it wud be really very helpful for all...

OK, what I did was

1) Installed the IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext from the link above using OSX86Tools (best way to install kext)

2) Restarted MAC OS

3) Downloaded Update from apple website (the one referred to in the link)

4) Ran the netkas Script (Open Terminal the type: "sudo -s" then "while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext;"

5) Installed Update with the usual routine NO RESTART

6) Closed Terminal, reopened and typed: "sudo -s" then "nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1"

7) Restart

8) Two times booted with -v -f (At the first time it stopes which is OK)

And then I had to unplug my grafics card and start with the onboard.

Install the suiting driver from here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107526

Replug grafics card

Done

Any questions?

OK, what I did was

1) Installed the IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext from the link above using OSX86Tools (best way to install kext)

2) Restarted MAC OS

3) Downloaded Update from apple website (the one referred to in the link)

4) Ran the netkas Script (Open Terminal the type: "sudo -s" then "while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext;"

5) Installed Update with the usual routine NO RESTART

6) Closed Terminal, reopened and typed: "sudo -s" then "nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1"

7) Restart

8) Two times booted with -v -f (At the first time it stopes which is OK)

And then I had to unplug my grafics card and start with the onboard.

Install the suiting driver from here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107526

Replug grafics card

Done

Any questions?

I have Nvidia 8500GT graphix card ..... will i hve to unplug from my comp...

Well, I unplugged it, because after I upgraded I just had my background, the dock and nothing else. No top bar, no folders or files on the desktop and the dock was not clickable. But I heard the computer processing so I figured that it might be the grafics driver that got screwed and that was the answer.

Good luck and keep us updated

0k i failed.

I did IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext install first (with OSx86tools) then terminal thing to delete Apple intel cpu kext removal. then i Installed 10.5.5 from dmg , closed terminal , there was no Do not Steal.... thingy in install/script etc. rebooted.

gave option -f -v , rebooted itself. now keeps on rebooting :( .

This is my custom desktop where i tried, specs in my sig.

gabrusch, do you have dsmos.kext referenced in your startup (1) script? krrr, maybe this is why your & my upgrade still fails with the endless rebooting - maybe we have to have this kext in the startup script (I currently do not have it)

still endless rebooting - any ideas?

humm hope someone confirms about dsmos.kext , i will later do reinstallation of iatkos .

I am also facing similar problems..... it just keeps on restarting and never reaches the apple logo screen..........

It seems u n i have d same mobo.... GA945GCMX

pathensley: I did NOT have this in my script. My script was empty

Sorry, then I'm kind of clueless.

AvinashRx: At what point does your system restart? Do you have an error message or yellow lines?

not exactly....der is no errors shown ... wen it starts to load it shows 3-4 lines which are getting processed and it suddently restarts......i am jus able to see some lines being processed........

I finally gave up & used Mysticus C*'s combo update pre/post patches:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=109102&hl=

here are my steps:

1) install iatkos 10.5.4 - remove gmax3100 kexts - reboot

2) run MC's pre-update patch

3) run combo 10.5.5

4) remove power & gmax3100 kexts

5) run MC's post-update patch (I selected the 9.2.0 ToH kernel & APIC kext)

6) boot from iatkos cd & use vi to cp all kexts from /backup* folder back into extensions folder

7) boot w/-v -f & wait for stop

8) reboot & finish installing drivers

so now I have 10.5.5 & all drivers working

I finally gave up & used Mysticus C*'s combo update pre/post patches:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=109102&hl=

here are my steps:

1) install iatkos 10.5.4 - remove gmax3100 kexts - reboot

2) run MC's pre-update patch

3) run combo 10.5.5

4) remove power & gmax3100 kexts

5) run MC's post-update patch (I selected the 9.2.0 ToH kernel & APIC kext)

6) boot from iatkos cd & use vi to cp all kexts from /backup* folder back into extensions folder

7) boot w/-v -f & wait for stop

8) reboot & finish installing drivers

so now I have 10.5.5 & all drivers working

Where can I download MC's pre-update patch .... his page is really confusing.........Pls give me the link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...