iTunes 8.0.1 update

bhst2

9 posts in this topic

Tonight Apple release an update for iTunes. It provides fixes for bugs, the following is the list of fixes

itunes-20081002-204334.png

iTunes 8 includes Genius, which makes playlists from songs in your library that go great together. Genius also includes Genius sidebar, which recommends music from the iTunes Store that you don’t already have.

With iTunes 8, browse your artists and albums visually with the new Grid view; download your favorite TV shows in HD quality from the iTunes Store; sync your media with iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (120GB), and iPod touch (2nd generation); and enjoy a stunning new music visualizer.

iTunes 8 and iTunes U are now accessible with VoiceOver on your Mac.

iTunes 8.0.1 improves stability and performance and provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

• Seamlessly plays the current song when creating a new Genius playlist.

• Improves syncing spoken menus to iPod nano.

• Addresses an issue of deleting HD TV episodes when downloading.

• Improves checking for updates from the App Store

• Improves accessibility with VoiceOver.

• Addresses problems syncing Genius results to iPod.

I don't see it on their site but it is in ASU

I am not going to update until I hear word from the DevTeam about whether or not this update has new measures to block the exploit used by PwnageTool via software.

The iTouch/iPhone exploit used with jailbreaking is hardware-based, no worries.

The only thing iTunes could do is checking processes to check if there's some kind of pwnagetool running, no worries about that either, pwnagetool kills all iTunes related processes before even trying to jailbreak. ^_^