[Tom Hardware] Interview EFiX Creators

Envying

32 posts in this topic

I would like to add something. I know that they advertise 100% compatibility but the truth is that it is not 100% not even close. Any premade disk kalyway or such works better.

http://forum.efi-x.com/viewforum.php?f=16&...a3ed66d667a3ba2

See all there bugs. Alot of them are not resolved and its doubtful this thing will ever be 100%. Now I for one would be pissed, if I bought this thing and it was less ''compatible'' than a premade disk, as it is in its current state!

LOL ;) That is funny on so many levels ;)

I dont know what you think is so funny about Apples monopolist practices?

sometimes i wonder if weaksauce is on the paycheck. and that interview is total {censored}. i never imagined anyone could make up more {censored} than me in one sitting. but i guess its true

Well let me see, FIRST they'd have to actually be a monopoly. LOL :D

actually that is not how it works. It is LEGAL to be a monopoly but illegal to use the monopoly to create unfair advantages or use unfair practices to create a monopoly. Such as apple fairplay. Making there DRM files only compatible on ipods and the bundling of the itunes software.

I know your a apple fan but what they did with the mp3 market really slowed innovation and hurt the mp3 market. (I think we all are, though i hate ipods they are garbage)

Here is a little blurb from one of the many antitrust cases against Apple "Apple's clear dominance in the digital music player, music, and video markets—90 percent, 83 percent, and 75 percent respectively, according to the complaint—make it clear that Apple has no interest in making its hardware or music compatible with competing technologies (most notably, Microsoft's). For example, AOL, Best Buy, FYE, MusicMatch, Napster, Yahoo! Music, and Virgin Digital all sell music in WMA format, whereas Apple "refuses" to do so, and also refuses to make its protected AAC files compatible with other players."

Also you prob want to review the sherman act http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman_Antitrust_Act#Monopoly

sometimes i wonder if weaksauce is on the paycheck. and that interview is total {censored}. i never imagined anyone could make up more {censored} than me in one sitting. but i guess its true

LOL i wonder how big the check must be, he is stacked with equipment.

Although why not hook us up with a "Mac Pro Ultra" like this?

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherb.../7300/X7QCE.cfm

haha :D

Along with 4 Xeon 7400 series, 100 GB DDR2 and 6 15000 RPM HDD in Raid0. :P

Well let me see, FIRST they'd have to actually be a monopoly. LOL ;)

mo·nop·o·ly ~ A situation in which a single company owns all or nearly all of the market for a given type of product or service. This would happen in the case that there is a barrier to entry into the industry that allows the single company to operate without competition (for example, vast economies of scale, barriers to entry, or governmental regulation). In such an industry structure, the producer will often produce a volume that is less than the amount which would maximize social welfare.

PS. When you don't know the meaning of a word, use a dictionary.

When you don't know the meaning of a word, use a dictionary.

I know the meaning of the word. When you don't know how to APPLY it, try using some common sense :)

Apple sells Macs in the computer INDUSTRY. Apple does not prevent you from buying another type of computer or OS. Where is your proof that Apple is gaining a competitive advantage with the apps Apple includes? At less than 8% of the computer market they could never be a monopoly nor are they even remotely able to hold undo influence on the entire computer industry. According to your loose application of the definition, then Ford is a monopoly too because only they can make and sell Ford F-150's, Burger King is a monopoly because only they can make and sell Whoppers, Adobe because they make Acrobat PDF's and Victoria's Secret would have a monopoly on women's sexy undergarments. Try again.

Apple has asked the court hearing its suit against Psystar to toss out Psystar's counterclaim that Apple is in fact a monopoly, arguing that Psystar's own arguments acknowledge that fact.

The motion to dismiss, filed on Sept. 30, argues that Apple can not be considered a monopoly, based in part upon ads that Psystar and others have run characterizing the Apple Macintosh line as just one product in a sea of PCs.

If this is true, Apple argued, then the company should not be compelled to assist its competition by allowing what are essentially Apple clones to be sold.

In August, Psystar charged Apple with restraint of trade, unfair competition and other violations of antitrust law in a 54-page complaint filed in the Northern California Division of the United States District Court. Apple originally filed suit in July after Psystar began selling its "Open Computer," which many considered to be an Apple clone.

In its counterclaim, Apple said that Psystar had undermined its own claim by citing Apple's campaign as evidence. "Purchasers have concluded Apple's Mac is better than Windows-based PCs," Apple said. "And, yes, as Psystar asserts, some Windows-based PCs are less expensive for that reason. But, that is the very essence of competition involving quality and price!"

"In direct contradiction to Psystar's claimed Mac-only market, Psystar admits that 'a seemingly infinite list of manufacturers may be found in the computer hardware system marketplace,'" Apple added.

Apple asked the court for the charges to be dismissed based upon those arguments. Any more, Apple argued, and the company would be forced to prop up a competitor.

"[T]he ultimate goal of Psystar's Counterclaims is an order from this Court compelling Apple to help competitors, like Psystar, by forcing Apple to license its proprietary software to those competitors for use on their own computer hardware," Apple argued. "Psystar's effort is contrary to law and must rejected. Neither the federal nor the state antitrust laws require competitors to stop competing with, and instead to start helping, each other."link