PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software

macmuslim

51 posts in this topic

I have version 10.5.5 and your installer worked like a charm in showing the battery meter. But in the process, I bricked my osx. now I get a kernel panic and can only boot into safe mode. and even while in safe mode, I also lose ps/2 functionality and need to use my usb mouse and usb keyboard. how would I go about uninstalling this? I'm also on an Acer Extensa 4620-4605. Thanks for your efforts and I hope to eventually get this feature going.

Here are the messages I get from a regular boot:

dsc02553dt9.jpg

and with "-v"

dsc02554ky1.jpg

just installed it and it seems to have f****ed up my osx

it starts to the apple-icon and the circle thing and than it just stops doing everything

safemode- same procedure

ill try booting the install-setup and reparing permissions, hope it helps but am afraid it wont

(damn! i dont want to reinstall that osx, not again!)

update:

did the permission reapair, did not get me any further

starting with "-v" shows me

"MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 2621buffer headers and 2621cluster IO buffer headers"

and at that point it just stops

has anybody any idea what is going wrong???

please help me with that if you can.....

Sony Vaio VGN-SZ780

Installer: Worked like a charm

Reboot: Loss of my internal keyboard and trackpad

-> Connected External usb mouse and keyboard.

battery meter showing up fine.

even detects ac

could u please fix the problem with the OS/2 devices?

thanks a bunch

mm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thank you so much!!

Works excellent on HP Tx2 TouchSmart series. iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 (upgrade kit from 1.3)

No problems with restart like previously mentioned.

It recognizes A/C just fine.

I can select energy saver preferences and change to optimize battery or performance, but still, I am throwing battery power out the window at about 1% per minute, probably faster.

Does anybody have a fix for battery life yet?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great job guys :)

Acer Aspire 5101ANWLMi

Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 V.2

Working!

One thing only :(

I have two batt icons on the menu bar! I dont have two batteries :unsure:

post-439705-1245256352_thumb.png

Ok I have done some research and made some conclusions that may be helpful to someone and I want to share.

Two battery Icons were the effect of VoodoBattery.kext which was on my system when installing the PowerManagement10.5.3.zip. So try to install this on non modded power management kexts and bundles. It is strongly recomanded to backup the PowerManagement.bundle and AppleACPIPlatform.kext so you can always restore them if something go wrong.

It went wrong with my Acer and I was lucky to find this thread PS2_Batt_Working . I had a freezing issue when on battery power. Those files helped me solwing everithing.

Edited by mobilx

Oh noes! I installed this and it worked, I now have a battery indicator, but my touch pad won't work. Even my USB mouse won't work. I don't know if the keyboard is working or not since there's nothing on the screen for me to type in, but I don't think it is since my volume buttons don't do anything and the caps lock key doesn't making it's "on" light come on.

During the original iPC install I had to run the PS/2 keyboard and mouse fixes. I wonder if this undid those fixes.

Please someone, tell me I don't have to install all over again. Maybe something from inside the iPC installer, like in Disk Utilities or something.

When I restart with -v it loads fine, but pauses brifly on this part with an error:

th_IMG_0357.jpg

Edit: Oh sweet, I tried another USB mouse and that one works, now if I can only undo installing this thing... If I do open something like the text editor it starts repeatedly entering "77777777777..." etc

So I ended up re-installing OS X. Which was good anyway since there were a few other iPC kexts I could install with the OS. One of those was just called "Power Management Package" which is supposed to be a battery fix, but didn't work.

iPC comes with a couple of others called Apple ACPI Battery Manager and Apple ACPI Power Source. I wonder if either of those might work.

• 1 month later...

I have a dv6700 and the installer worked, I get the battery indicator, but I get the same problem as Philbert. The keyboard and trackpad are not working properly. My laptop boots successfully in about 1 out of 5 times. I also get the 7777777... problem, but it stops when I press volume up/down (weird?!).

I restored all my kexts to before the installation, and the battery indicator disappeared and the keyboard worked again(I use VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext).

Does anyone know how i can get both the battery and the keyboard and trackpad to work at the same time?

Please help me out. Its really frustrating to don´t know when I´m out of power..

• 2 months later...