Repair a screwed up update?

leejames04

6 posts in this topic

I installed the 10.5.5 update but screwed up :S, luckily I can see all my Mac OS files in Windows with thanks to MacDrive. So I have 2 questions.

1.) Is it possible to sort out the screwed update with in windows with the help of MacDrive?

2.) If so what files do I need to find/change?

and before you as yes, I do deserve this problem as I didn't back up my files :(

1.) Is it possible to sort out the screwed update with in windows with the help of MacDrive?

Yes

2.) If so what files do I need to find/change?

The files you backed up ( kexts )

and before you as yes, I do deserve this problem as I didn't back up my files sad.gif

Then you might be {censored}ed up

remember : always backup your kexts before upgrading your system

Solution : grab the needed kexts for your system & restore them with mac drive

I have the same problem with 10.5.5, altough I backed up my extensions - but I have no second drive to install other os to fix it from there, so can I do it using leopard install disk and terminal? are there any commands to replace files in certain directory?

thanks

ok, I could boot with 132 cd, I replaced the extensions with the old ones, repaired permisions and deleted extension.mkext and after reboot it gives me black screen with blinking coursor, I used GFXstrings and still no succes, is there any other place I should look for some changed files? ps. about this mac still shows 10.5.5, even after replacing the kexts...

any tips? thanks