HP Nc6000/Nc8000 topic

nickhe

127 posts in this topic

More updates. I broke the Atheros again by doing the AirPort update from the AppleSoftwareUpdate. I tried to re-install the drivers, but it doesn't help. ;( I guess I have to re-install some kexts from the install disc - I just don't know which yet.

The X11 package that came with the JaS 10.5.4 was br0ken for me, kept crashing as soon as I launched it. I installed the X11 package from here and that did the trick. Yay!

Getting rid of the Mouse tearing artifacts with the Radeon still works as smooth as it did on Tiger, just make use of this nifty trick.

So far so good... I'll keep on working.

Thank you very much for all of your guys help, I was able to intall JaS 10.5.4 on my NC 6000. I am a completely newbie and have takend a few days to read through and learn. I got the keyboard, mouse, audio working using the link at top but could not get the wirelss and ethernet to work. I install both of the .kext but still nothing.

I tired to do "write lspci" but it said lspci is not logged in.

I tired both the intel wirelss card and the Atheros................. Can someone please help me get internet connection up? Thanks so much.

Hi,

I just installed JaS 10.5.4.

The installation went smooth. I only selected stageXNU, AC97 drivers. After the first boot, now I see a grey screen with Apple logo and some round progress bars where after a while some square, probably a mouse pointer. I'm using a USB mouse, so probably that's not a mouse pointer. I have waited 50 mintues now on this screen. Don't know what's wrong.

Well I waited for one hour and 30 minutes and then I got bored so I shut down laptop and went to sleep as it was already 6 in the morning. Of course I had many restarts to see if restarting could solve the problem.

System has 2Gb RAM and standard processor and 250GB HD, so I think it should boot. May be I will have to choose a different kernel at startup. How do I choose another Kernel? or any body to help with the present scenario.

thanks

Finally!!!!!! I got it working now!!!!! So glad to see the nice welcome video :-D....

Presently I don't have a USB keyboard so I'm stuck at that stage. But I think I'll get that keyboard from office in some days. I have that keyboard support driver downloaded, I only don't know how to install. (I'm actually first time user of MAC with no experience).

I just did a re-installation and I'm going to post the steps I took from start till now.

DVD: JaS.OSx86.10.5.4.Client.Server.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso

1-Kept the BIOS at default settings

2-Installed OSx86:

a- Erased the drive using disk utility

b- customized the installation and chose only: StageXNU, AC97 Audio, ICH and PIIX controller, Artheros Wireless adapter (All thanks to Nick14).

c- Installation took around 25 minutes.

d-Rebooted the computer

3-Put the Gparted Live CD

a-Started with default settings

b-All the devices took a little time to show, once they did, I chose the Windows partition and right-clicked and selected 'Flags' and chose "boot"

c-exit (once the devices re-loaded after the change of configurations)

d-Rebooted

4-Computer booted to Windows Xp(that's what I already had)

a- edited boot.ini file and put Chain0 file in C: drive (the windows drive)

b-rebooted

5-choose OSX to boot

a- chose the options -v -f

b- booting took 10 minutes to finish and then the all awaited welcome video started :-D

c- right now it's stuck at "Before You Begin" asking me to connect USB keyboard which I don't have :-(

All the above procedure has been described in detail in Wiki, and crucial help from Nick14, I just made myself happy :-)

So what about this keyboard and touchpad thing? How do I install the drivers?

Thanks

EDIT: I meant I only wanted to know how to install these drivers. I have this ApplePS2Controller.zip downloaded.

Thanks

I tried the IOnetworkingfile on the first post and I got kernel panic, the machine will boot and then hang and tell me to restart. Try to startup with -v and -f option got the same reuslt. Ended up have to reinstall again.

i tried both of the wifi and ethernet fixes on the first post but still can;'t get them to work. Anyone acutally has it done using the same 2 files and it works? Please explain, thank you.

Hi Nick,

Thanks once again for your help. My trackpad and keyboard are working now.

Boot time is still around 20 min... need to do something about it... what should be causing this? and you mentioned about the ATI driver procedure...can you explain... and the time machine is not working actually...

Okay time machine is also working now!!!

The graphics some how seem very bad... the mouse tearing artifacts even though after employing the trick mentioned in one of the post are still not so better. When I click 'enter time machine' i have to manually move my mouse on whole desktop to actually view the virtual universe window... any improvement to this?

and thanks Nick for all your help...