HP DV6000 F.29 BIOS whitelist patched

LRZRAGE

46 posts in this topic

F.3D probably cannot be patched to allow any wifi card but what can be done is add in the ven dev subsys of the card you would like to use. I have been able to do that for an AMD user.

Were you able to add the card to F.3D? Please let me know either way. I need some info on the decompression util you are using for the WPH files.

Were you able to add the card to F.3D? Please let me know either way. I need some info on the decompression util you are using for the WPH files.

LRZRAGE,

Can you, please, add the following to the white list in the F.3D bios and let me try it out?

PCI\Ven: 8086

DEV: 4235

Subsys: 10018086

For an Intel 5300 AGN card

Much appreciated.

I'd love to do it myself, but I lack the tools :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm glad to have stumbled across this topic in my search for relief from my sporadic internal wireless connection.

I have a HP dv9033cl (dv9000 Intel series) notebook computer from Costco. Off and on, for months at a time, I'll have either good uninterrupted wireless performance from my Intel PRO-Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection card (or WM3945ABG), or lousy performance.

When it's lousy, the card may work great anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours before disappearing (and the front panel blue indicator LED changes to orange-amber, as though I moved the switch). Recovery always requires a restart and sometimes an entire unloading/reloading of the drivers before it works OK again.

After nearly a year of great, uninterrupted performance since I thought I had figured it out back in September 2007 (by eliminating the HP Assistant altogether, which seemed to compete for control with Windows own controls), I have been suffering again for the last couple of months.

As you know, this is a common problem with the dv6000 and dv9000 model series machines, and possibly others. Here's a page titled "Business support forums - Wireless issue addressed by HP" wherein there is no real solution offered:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums...hreadId=1179013

I have a few posts in there myself. In the two years I've owned this machine I've likely got a total of a few solid weeks of effort I've spent pursuing phantoms trying to figure this out. I'm now wanting to try another brand of hardware besides Intel for the wireless card.

My question is this: you mention that the F.29 BIOS is (strictly?) for the dv6000 series; yet for my particular model the latest recommended update (and I'm running it) is F.29 -- is it the same such that I could use your patched version on my dv9033cl to allow another brand, say, Atheros, to work under Windows XP MCE (assuming they have Windows drivers, of course)?

Here's the link to my model on the HP website:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product...ng=en&cc=us

...and to the driver page (if it works correctly for my model and OS; otherwise, starting with the above URL, follow the links to the "Drivers" page to see the available BIOS choices):

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...952&lang=en

...where you will notice the BIOS download version is F.29 . Can you verify that it is the same as the one you used for patching? If so, I think it would open up a lot of dv9000 series machines to using that BIOS for changing out their wireless cards to, hopefully, something more reliable under Windows, and also for the OSx86 project.

Am I on the right track? Thanks in advance for your help! -- "Harpo"

hi,LRZRAGE

could you do me a favor?

i have a HP compaq v3646, is that possible to make a patch for it? the BIOS version is F.2E (sorry that i wasn't able to upload it, if needed, you could get it at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/previou...roduct=3559133)

if not, could you give me some guide to hack the bios, or if convenient, hack the bios for me.

my bcm 4311 device ID:PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4312&SUBSYS_046614E4&REV_01

my intel 3945 device ID:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&SUBSYS_135D103C&REV_02

many thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
<br />any DV6000 users out there?<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

I am and I can't update the BIOS.

After I run WinFlash and click [Flash BIOS], it gives me an error message:

Part ID of system BIOS and new Image File are different (system = AT6, file = AT3).

The System Platform may be different from the Image File. Are you sure you want to proceed?

After I click yes, it gives me another error:

BIOS update failed! Failed to flash BIOS image.

The current device is not supported in the interface.

Error code: -151

And thats it. After I press OK, it returns to WinFlash.

--

I have the original 2 years old BIOS on my dv6000 laptop. Any help? :)

All HP DV6000 users, the newest BIOS version has been patched. I had recently patched the F.58A version which is for the DV9000 series (My system) and it works flawless. Same technique used here to stop the whitelist. You can put any wireless card you would like into your system after you flash. Enjoy! :)

For directions, please refer to my other thread .. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=120190

Hi! LRZAGE.....I'm having trouble finding the tools to patch my bios , HP Pavilion Dv7-1130el, with bios n° F26. Can you give me any links to get the proper programs for doing this. Unfortunately it is not a Phoenix bios but an Insyde one .....this seems to be extremely hard to do anything with. So, if you know of anything to help me it would be great!

Ciao,

All HP DV6000 users, the newest BIOS version has been patched. I had recently patched the F.58A version which is for the DV9000 series (My system) and it works flawless. Same technique used here to stop the whitelist. You can put any wireless card you would like into your system after you flash. Enjoy! :P

For directions, please refer to my other thread .. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=120190

I have an HP dv6426ca with an Intel Processor and BIOS F.2D. I am trying to install a Broadcom BCM4321 Wireless N card. If someone could help with that BIOS it would be very much appreciated.

Current Card

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&SUBSYS_135B103C&REV_02

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&SUBSYS_135B103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&CC_0280

New Card

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&SUBSYS_1366103C&REV_03

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&SUBSYS_1366103C

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&CC_0280

All HP DV6000 users, the newest BIOS version has been patched. I had recently patched the F.58A version which is for the DV9000 series (My system) and it works flawless. Same technique used here to stop the whitelist. You can put any wireless card you would like into your system after you flash. Enjoy! :)

I have a dv6000 bios f.3a and keep getting no operating system errors i have tried 10,5,5 and 10,5,6

• 1 month later...

I know i don't post here much, might even be my first post. but Ive recently registered although I've lurked for a long time.

IF the users are still looking for the AMD Dv6000 bios i can edit one for you.

ive done it to mine with bios F.42 i didn't remove the white list but rather edited it. But removing the white list could probably be done easily.

I wouldn't post anything i didn't test my self first :(

• 4 months later...
All HP DV6000 users, the newest BIOS version has been patched. I had recently patched the F.58A version which is for the DV9000 series (My system) and it works flawless. Same technique used here to stop the whitelist. You can put any wireless card you would like into your system after you flash. Enjoy! :unsure:

hi,

I was a little confused at first since my DV9203tx had BIOS versions in sync with what you quoted for DV6000, but I figured out that the DV6000t and DV9000t are essentially the same unit with different sized screens. I used the F29 ver and it worked fine, I now have a Broadcom WIFI Mini PCI-e card working.

I haven't tried the apple logo'd version, I figured it's working, leave it alone ... perhaps another day when I'm bored.

Thanks very much for your efforts much appreciated.

Cheers

Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried this and unfortunately at the time i was flashing the someone tripped over my power and me being annoyed about the power cycles on laptop batteries being reduced if you run off AC, I forgot to put the battery in and now my laptop/notebook won't boot any ideas on what i can do?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
All HP DV6000 users, the newest BIOS version has been patched. I had recently patched the F.58A version which is for the DV9000 series (My system) and it works flawless. Same technique used here to stop the whitelist. You can put any wireless card you would like into your system after you flash. Enjoy! :lol:

thank you, works perfect on my dv9000, i have used f29 bios hack to remove error 104.Now i use atheros chipset on my dv9000. excuse my english

The DV9000 and DV6000 are really the easiest BIOS to patch. Ive patched the F.58A for the DV9000 and the F.29 for the DV6000 was IDENTICAL in the whitelist aspect for the F.58A. But still I would always stress knowing how to do phoenix crisis recovery and to verify that it works with your system. I am going to do some screen shots in comparison for the patched F.58A and the unpatched F.29 to show what is done. And hopefully some one can confirm with their system.

i have used f29 for my dv 9055ea, now i see f29 is for dv6000.But my system works perfect with your patched f29.my english is poor, sry for that.

HP dv 9055 ea core 2 duo T7200 4 gb ddr2 windows 7.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi! I have a dv6130ea, will your f.29 work on it? I need to install a osx compatible wireless card..

It has f.2c bios installed, and the latest is f.2E where can I find info on patching that bios? can you do it for me?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a dv9000 with f.29 but wont allow me to flash to the patched f.58

would it be safe to just use f.29 patched?

its causing me some amount of confusion regarding version names and numbers plus the fact that the DV6000 uses the f.29 bios

all i want is to get my

"DELL WIRELESS MINI PCI-E CARD DW 1390"

working :/ i have been searching for answers for days and i am just going around in circles all because im new and i didnt want to ask for help in case there was a topic. i admit i need help :)