• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
JeanMi36

Battery life on a new macbook Pro

5 posts in this topic

I got a new Macbook Pro monday. I use it mainly at my office. Now, it seems that the battery life shortened. In the battery status bar, on the top of my screen, the battery won't charge past 98%. I can't believe the battery life shortened in 3 days.

Advices?

I'm using Mac OS X 10,5 on a 2,4 GHZ 15" macbook pro.

same here, but it now, after six months (not running from battery most of the time, though) it's around 92%. expect a decent battery-life somewhere between 6 and 12 months... no more, no less...

This is not a battery issue, this thing comes up when you drain your battery to a certain extent and connect it to a constant power supply and keep it connected for a day or so. After that battery charge percentage drops from 2 to 6 percent, try unplugging it, drain the power for some time and plug it back in. You will again have 100% battery status.

Anyway, 10% plus or minus is not that significant, batteries usually begin to drop fast around 40%, if damaged or faulty or old.

I have the new mac and I have the same problem. However. I can get it back to 100% by killing the battery. Just leave your computer on all night without being plugged in and then charge it. It could help.

Also, if anyone can help me with my problem, please try.