iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4 Released!

Jack Layne

91 posts in this topic

Okay. I really meant to say: Does it have the option to select a partition. I know Linux, installed it a thousand times, and it has, I didn't know for sure Mac did. So, if I get it right, I just have to select another partition? It doesn't matter if it's NTFS or FAT32 or EXT3?

Okay. I really meant to say: Does it have the option to select a partition. I know Linux, installed it a thousand times, and it has, I didn't know for sure Mac did. So, if I get it right, I just have to select another partition? It doesn't matter if it's NTFS or FAT32 or EXT3?

During the first steps of installation you select a partition via Disk Utility, doesn't matter if it's NTFS or FAT32 or whatever because you're going to format it to HFS+ Journaled anyway.

I installed iDeneb v1.1 on a second partition I have and changed to boot flag and it boots up great with no issues at all.

The only issue I have now is that I can't get my Belkin USB N Wirless card to be seen in the system. I have the right drivers and utility to get it working because it works in my Kalyway 10.5.2 partition. Does anyone know why the system won't recognize the USB device when it will recognize external hard drives and USB keys? Do I need to reinstall and remove all of the networking options?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Just switched from the kalyway distro to this one and for the first time after some tweaking and patching my system is running 100%

There's still one little something I can't really find on this forum, and maybe you can help me out with this one.

All the distros I tried including this one after install when I select Dutch, since I'd like to have my os in Duth, it goes half Dutch and English, which is even worse than just English.

But for the first time when installing I saw the option Dutch?

Is it because the dvd is trimmed down to fit on a 4,3gb disc it's excluded but still get listed? Anyon knows how to install it afterwards?

This little thing would really make me happy :P

I've had no luck with this. Each time I boot up the DVD, i get a Kernel Panic. Have tried with the cpus=1 as well, but to no effect.

Currently running Kalyway 10.5.1 on my Intel Celeron M 1.3Ghz Compaq Presario M2000 series laptop without any problems. Anyone know how to fix the kernel panic?

Hi...I updated to 10.5.4 but no sound and video went back to 1028x7xx only. I fixed those issues but now I notice that it only see's one core on my cpu. I have a Pendium D with 2 cores. I used the Modbin 9.4.0 kernal and I was using the 9.2.2 before. My mac is running quite slower then before.

Any advice to get my second core back would be great

Thxs

Hi...I updated to 10.5.4 but no sound and video went back to 1028x7xx only. I fixed those issues but now I notice that it only see's one core on my cpu. I have a Pendium D with 2 cores. I used the Modbin 9.4.0 kernal and I was using the 9.2.2 before. My mac is running quite slower then before.

Any advice to get my second core back would be great

Thxs

v 1.1 with 10.5 .4 installed fine...updated to 10.5.5 with delta update + gigabyte kexts from somewhere here :) .

Just started to dl V1.3 because a ready to use 10.5.5 saves a lot of time....had to "work" a bit for get it working after 10.5.5 update.

cheers and keep on working !

• 1 month later...

Hi all - IdDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 is a great release, however its not quite working for me yet!

MOBO: Asus P5k Premium Black Pearl

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6750 2x2.66 running @ 3.0Ghz for a year faultlessly

RAM: 2Gb DDR2

HD:SATAs

DVD: IDE

Graf: ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT

Aud: Creative X-FI Xtreme Audio - Onboard mobo sound disabled.

Other: One Canopus EZDV card - legacy firewire gear for old format video captures.

I have not set the SATA controller to AHCI yet as the installer works great.

I have installed it twice now flawlessly - on an extended partition on the same disk as my XP boot C: drive, slecting various options. When I reboot I set up the dualboot menu on my C drive, select Leopard and it restarts immediately. I then try again, press space for options and have to manually point it to use the MAc partition. Then it attempts to boot. -V reveals crashing at two possible points:

1) when the "JMicron" text pops up on screen

2) when "Asus P5k PRemium" text pops up.

I have chosen the Jmicron compatible option during install.

Any ideas? Can anyone tell me which options worked for them for any of these bits of hardware? IF I can combine all of your experience perhaps we can get this to work!

IF it finds hardware it doesnt know (i.e. EZDV, XFI) what will it do - just ignore them?

:blink:

Thanks to the iDeneb team for giving me the opportunity to try this. Great job......

Long time PC user, First time OSX tester......

• 2 months later...
Thanks, but ... how do I install this? Can I do it via osx86 tools using the install kext function?

Sorry, i'm not that familiar with kext installation...

Again, thanks!

I got the same laptop. Followed your installation procedure and also got the same problem. I use "Kext Helper b7" and install AppleATAPort.kext as stated above, and now my DVD rom is working!!! thanks!!!

now my next problem is network and wifi and sound... Help?? :-)

we should compile this to another thread.. Acer Aspire 4520