iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4 Released!

Jack Layne

91 posts in this topic

iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4 is a dvd universal for Intel/AMD with support for SSE2.

NOW IS AVAILABLE ALSO ISO COMPLETE.

You can ask the help also on the official forum

Developed by Layne (Punk92), this relase is based on Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 including the last updates:

. iTunes 7.7.1

. QuickTime 7.5

. Security Update 2008-005

. Front Row 2.1.3

. Airport Uility

Changelog v1 to v1.1:

• Fix CarbonLib Error

• Fix Error " Do not Transfer my information now ", now all ethernet drivers works.

• The Drivers for Realtek RTL8169 and RTL8139 has been integrated

• The ApplePS2Controller has been integrated

• Update Drivers for Ati Radeon X1600 and X1950XT

• Fix Error in Tiger-IO80211 package

• Update Adium to Version 1.3

• Update Transmission to Version 1.33

All the Intel ICHx chipsets are fully supported.

The boot is provided by Chameleon

This bootloader can:

. Install with JMicron IDE DVD

. Install on SSE2 Processor.

This relase includes the following Drivers, Patches and Applications.

• AMD Patch

Audio:

• ALC850

• ALC882

• ALC883

• ALC883 AppleHDA Patch by Taruga

• ALC888

• ALC888 AppleHDA Patch by Taruga

• ALC889

• ADI1988

• AppleAzaliaAudio

• AC97Audio

• Sigmatel 9200 - Inspirion 9400

• STAC9271

Chipset:

• AppleNForceATA

• AppleNForceATA Test

• ICHx Fixed

• JMicronATA

• SAS

• SiliconImage

• VIA-SB

Kernel:

• 9.4.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3)

• 9.4.0 Modbin (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

• 9.2.0 Sleep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

• 9.2.0 SpeedStep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

• 9.2.2 SSE3 (Intel/AMD/SSE3)

Network:

- Ethernet

• AppleBC440X

• AppleBC5751

• AppleYukon2

• Forcedeth

• Intel100ProVE

• Skge Marvell

• ViaRhine

- Wireless

• Tiger-IO80211

• Ahteros Wifi Adapter

• Broadcom

• RT2500-RT73-USB

• RT2860

• RTL8187

• RTL8187B

• RTL8187L

• Zydas-ZD1211-1215

Fix:

• ACPI-Fix

• Cpus=1-Fix

• AppleSMBIOS

AppleSMBIOS 1.0.13

AppleSMBIOS 1.0.1 ( Versione Tiger )

AppleSMBIOS-27-667

AppleSMBIOS-27-800

AppleSMBIOS-27-1066

AppleSMBIOS-27-DDR3-1333

AppleSMBIOS-27-IM

AppleSMBIOS-27-MB

AppleSMBIOS-27-MP

• FireWire Remove

• ApplePS2Controller

• IOUSBFamilyFixVideo:

AgpGart 2.7.1

ATI:

• X Series

X1300-X1550

X1400

X1600 AGP

X1600 PCIE

X19x0

X1950XT EFI

X1950Gt Pro

X1950XT Injector

• HD Series

HD 2400Pro AGP

HD 2600Pro AGP

HD 2600XT AGP

HD 2400Pro PCIE

HD 2400XT PCIE

HD 2600Pro PCIE

HD 2600XT PCIE

HD2900

HD3650

HD3850

HD3870

HD3870X2

NVidia:

• NVinject 0.2.1 per 128,256,320,512,640,768 Mb e 1Gb

• NVinjectGO

• NVinjectGO 512MB

Intel:

• Intel GMA950

• Intel GMAX3100

Applicazioni:

• Adium

• ASU

• BetterZip

• Colloquy

• Firefox 3.0.1

• Kext Helper

• Menu Meters

• Onyx

• OSx86 Tools

• Pacifist

• Temperature Monitor

• Transmission

• VLC

• xBench

the problem was IONetworkingFamily.kext

The default kext is ok, but the IONetworkingFamily of package AppleBC440x, AppleBC571, RTL8169 and RTL8111 didn't works. it has been my error. :(

Now, the drivers for RTL8169 and RTL811 has been integrated on default IONetworkingFamily.kext, while for AppleBC440x and AppleBC5751 have correct the error.

the problem was IONetworkingFamily.kext

The default kext is ok, but the IONetworkingFamily of package AppleBC440x, AppleBC571, RTL8169 and RTL8111 didn't works. it has been my error. ;)

Now, the drivers for RTL8169 and RTL811 has been integrated on default IONetworkingFamily.kext, while for AppleBC440x and AppleBC5751 have correct the error.

Please explain exactly what you did. I am aware that networking was the problem and more specifically when the Setup Assistant tries to connect to the network if it is unable to do so it crashes causing the loop. Did you recompile IONetworkingFamily or just change some kexts in the plugins directory. If all you did was modify the plugins, you have not fixed the problem, since its a quite common problem with the Yukon and Broadcom kexts.

I finally managed to install iDeneb v1 on my P35 chipset machine after the indefinite loop of "DO Not Transfer My Information". How I did it was I first installed your distro on my trusted Compaq v2000 with Intel ICH7 chipset. I then took a ghost image of that drive and transfer to the Asus P35 machine. After installing video and sound(ADI1988B), it worked. In many ways, it works better than different versions before.

The funny thing is my internal wireless card from Realtek (8187L) is now functioning as an airport- picture attached.

But one glitch though. DVD player doesn't load anymore. It gives an error of no driver- picture attached, although system profiler has it listed and all functions of the drive are verified. A DVD disc will show up as an orange drive.

Does anyone have any idea? I know it is a the only IDE PATA component in this system, but it worked before. I was thinking of getting a SATA DVD if no solution is in sight within a week.

airport.tiff

post-147443-1219984535_thumb.jpg

Please explain exactly what you did. I am aware that networking was the problem and more specifically when the Setup Assistant tries to connect to the network if it is unable to do so it crashes causing the loop. Did you recompile IONetworkingFamily or just change some kexts in the plugins directory. If all you did was modify the plugins, you have not fixed the problem, since its a quite common problem with the Yukon and Broadcom kexts.

Hi Dense,

I too would like to know exactly what Layne has done to correct the problem. What I had to do with v1.0 was as follows:

Now to fix the problem with Internet access find the IONetworkingFamily.kext....Show Package Contents and go to Contents and to Contents/Plugins.....here is the problem!.....ONLY the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext is present.....all the other necessary files are NOT IN the IONetworkingFamily.kext Contents folder, NOT EVEN on the install DVD....see below ;)

My Solution:

1. Insert the JaS OsX86 10.5.4 Client/Server Intel SSE2 SSE3 Install DVD in the DVDRW again and run Pacifist (located in iDeneb App folder in Applications), then click on "Open Apple Install Discs" and click "Choose" to open the iDeneb v1 10.5.4 Intel/AMD Install DVD...wait for packages to load.....

N.B.
I have not been able to boot from my JaS OsX86 10.5.4 Client/Server Intel SSE2 SSE3 Install DVD because booting hangs at "Still waiting for root device" boot error message......
;)

BUT
it does have the
complete
IONetworkingFamily.kext, i.e. the full Package Contents.....
:thumbsup_anim:
BUT
the iDeneb v1 10.5.4 Intel/AMD Install DVD
does not
; its IONetworkingFamily.kext has a Contents folder with only a PlugIns folder containing the AppleUSBEthernet.kext!.....
;)

2. Type "IONetworkingFamily" (without quotes) in Find window and press Enter.....Install the IONetworkingFamily.kext to System/Library/Extensions by clicking on "Install" in Pacifist and clicking "Replace" as and when requested.....

3. Repair Permissions and reboot with"-v -f".....the following message appears on Repairing Permissions:

ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root/Library/Preferences"

ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root/Library"

ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root"

but AFIK these are not messages to worry about unduly.....

I allso had the "Do not Transfer my information now" problem, but to bad the 1.1 version didn't fix it for me. I have a Realtek RTL8169 based network adaptor. Is there a way i can collect debug information so you can see what is cousing the problem?

One thing is different though, in the Network part of System Preferences the list is allway empty, but when I try to add a connection, the v1 version hangs, and the v1.1 version simply does nothing.

Hi

How patch iDeneb v 1.1 ?

thanks

It's really easy. If you already installed iDeneb, download the Installer and run it in Leopard...done!

Or you can download the ppf-Patch, and patch your iDeneb iso with it (How-to is included). The Links are on the first page.

Enjoy!