iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4 Released!

Jack Layne

91 posts in this topic

Hey guys my first post.... My first hackintosh try!!

I am using the iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4 install dvd!! (i patched the v1 correctly.. verified MD5's)

I am able to install to a PATA drive with no problem and runs great!!

Sound, Video, Marvell network all working great

My hardware

A8N-SLI Premium

AMD opteron dual core 1.8 ghz (no OC at the moment)

2 gigs of PC3200 2x1 at 400mhz

Nvidia GForce 7600 256mb

My issue is..

I am trying to do a RAID 0 install..

I have 2 sata drives hooked up to the nvidia sata controller

I boot up iDeneb all good no errors on -v

I goto disk utility create the raid0 -- all good!

I am selecting the nforceATA-test in the install options!

start the install and it just hangs about 1 min after the install starts...

but if i boot from my PATA drive and connect the 2 sata drives... leopard see's the raid0 and i can move data to it fine!!

Any ideas here!! I could settle for the PATA drive... but love to get my raid0 working... MORE SPEED!! ;)

thanks guys!

Layne,

I patched your DVD to v1.1 and installed on 3 different machines(all Intel). This time it installed coorectly till the end. Here's the report:

- Since all my machines use Intel ICHx chipset of various generations, your distro works well. Except one machine has JMicron IDE. After install, I reinstalled JMicron kext package manually. It shows up correctly in System Profiler afterwards. However; when I tried to play DVD, an error shows up (see attached image).

I checked with other machines to see the difference. Sure enough, only machines that have PATA DVD would give such error- not SATA. Why is this? What can I do to rectify this?

Thank you.

PS: Oh, I thought FireFox browser in native Italian is cute but my Italian is so bad that I had to reinstall EN FireFox. I also love the background.

DVD_error.tiff

I allso had the "Do not Transfer my information now" problem, but to bad the 1.1 version didn't fix it for me. I have a Realtek RTL8169 based network adaptor. Is there a way i can collect debug information so you can see what is cousing the problem?

One thing is different though, in the Network part of System Preferences the list is allway empty, but when I try to add a connection, the v1 version hangs, and the v1.1 version simply does nothing.

This is strange.....I had the the "Do not Transfer my information now" problem and also have a Realtek RTL8169 based network adaptor......using the v1.1 ppf patch on my iDeneb_10.5.4_v1.iso file to produce a iDeneb_10.5.4_v1.1.iso file burned to DVD in fact solved all these problems......:(

BUT check my blog entry on how iDeneb how I solved these problems whilst still using v1...... ;)

hello

i have a hp pavilion dv6880 laptop and i want to install mac os x .

if i download & install iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4 on my laptop , is this work great for me ? 

this is my laptop info

cpu type : intel core 2 duo 2500 MHz

cpu instruction set : x86 , x86-64 , MMX , SSE , SSE2 , SSE3 , SSSE3 , SSE4.1

L2 Cache : 6Mb

motherboard chipset : intel crestilne GL960/GM965/PM965

Ram : 4096Mb DDR2 667

Graphic : Nvidia Geforce 8400GS 256Mb

HDD : 320Gb Sata & an External HDD ( 320Gb too )

well i installed this 10.5.4 on my hp6910p and it runs really slow , whilst my trackpad and keybaord is not deteced during install or after , i am now going to try run the updater patch and see whether that improved things although i am a newbie

p.s if anyone has info on how to get intel 4965 ag wireless working with kernal panics and the intel 82566mm ethernet ?

Congratulations Layne. In my opinion you have made the best osx86 till now.

For all the people who's asking for more kexts on next version I think they' should upload the mentioned kexts, so Layne won't have to do so much research work ;)

Here I go with my request:

I'll be glad if you can add this kexts to next iDeneb version:

ALC861 download (applhda.kext, alcinject.kext + instructions)

Please note that it worked out of the box on my Asus F3JC laptop on Kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2, but for some reason it didn't work on iDeneb... Maybe you could find why it don't work in iDeneb...

Thanks a lot!

I have already tried JaS 10.5.4 - working. Is iDeneb better than JaS?

edit: just installed iDeneb and... very good job! Running faster than JaS and Kaly with full driver support. thank you very much buddy, youre my man!

i have a few questions. Important ones :D ok i have Network Adapter Intel® 82562V-2 10/100. Will it work with Intel100ProVE patch? And when i install it ill be duallbooting it with vista. what kind of other thing ill have to select that are crucial? like boot mbr and other stuff.

This is taken from iDeneb homepage:

iDeneb is a Mac OSX Leopard relase modified by Layne (Punk92), to run on non-Apple computers. This universal relase can run both on Intel and AMD based machines. The current version, iDeneb v1 10.5.4, has EFI support, but it can't boot on old macines due the less of Non-EFI boot. This drawback has been worked out with Chameleon bootloader, that can install also on SSE2 computers.

= It has a EFI support

i love you Layne !!!!

you 're wonderful , you 're wonderful  !!!

you 're DVD is a wonderful DVD !!!

thank you a lot , it's installed perfectly on my systems : 

my laptop :

cpu type : intel core 2 duo 2500 MHz

cpu instruction set : x86 , x86-64 , MMX , SSE , SSE2 , SSE3 , SSSE3 , SSE4.1

L2 Cache : 6Mb

motherboard chipset : intel crestilne GL960/GM965/PM965

Ram : 4096Mb DDR2 667

Graphic : Nvidia Geforce 8400GS 256Mb

audio = high definition audio  ( audio detect but not work , so please help !!! )

-------------------------------------

my PC :

amd 5000 X2

ram = 2GB      Bus = 800

hdd = 250 IDE

Graphic = 7600GS 256mb

main = abit k9n