SATA DVD Writer problem

7 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have LG SATA DVD writer. And im using Leopard 10.5.2 Kalyway which updated to Kalyway 10.5.3 then Live apple update to 10.5.4. My system is Core2Quad with 4Gig RAM and and Intel Motherboard. I have problems with my burning DVDs. I tried different mac dvd burners already but the result is still the same. It tries to transcode the video and when it writes into the dvd it takes so much time and sometimes it hangs. Is this a SATA controller problem? Or is this a software problem? Anyone knows a patch there and same problem please reply. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

im same as TS, could anyone out there with kind soul help us to solve this prob. been wondering thru the webbie but yet still cant find the solution. here i attach of my screenie. i hope to get the solution from u guys.

how do i enable the burn support? im using sata dvdrw & my bios setup as ide

thanks

post-260727-1220714176_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys! How stupid of me not to figure out my dvd writer was IDE.. waaaaaaaahhhhh Just figured it yesterday. I bought a samsung SATA DVD WRITER and it works already. My hack mac is burning perfectly. I guess Kalyway works perfectly with SATA DVD WRITERS..

.. but my setup already set to IDE. i got 4 sata hdd & 1 sata dvd burner configure as IDE(all). izzit liteon brand got prob with mac?

Hi Guys! How stupid of me not to figure out my dvd writer was IDE.. waaaaaaaahhhhh Just figured it yesterday. I bought a samsung SATA DVD WRITER and it works already. My hack mac is burning perfectly. I guess Kalyway works perfectly with SATA DVD WRITERS..

What program did you use to burn??? I tried using Toast but toast doesn't work with my SATA Lite-On DVD/RW Drive...

hey! i've got a problem too with my SATA DVDRW... It's an ASUS DRW 2014L1T connected on the second SATA port. It's not burn-supported and i can't get it to boot with the kalyway dvd. I read most of the thread on the board regarding SATA and ACPI but it doesn't seem to apply to my mobo (as in i have no ACPI/IDE switch in the BIOS setup). I'm booting using grub installed on a linux drive with boot EFI v8. Leopard is installed on another SATA drive. I hope what i wrote helps someone figure out what's going on. I figure i skipped some essential kext on the way, but i don't know which.

thanks