[RETAIL GUIDE] ASUS M50SV Notebook

THe KiNG

162 posts in this topic

eSATA now working, somehow buggered the kext install my bad.

Timemachine works on local drives having issues with the netowk drives although I'm trying to backup to and smb share, it can see the share and starts the back up but then fails saying unable to create image.

Webcam works with Gmail chat video plug in, can't get it to work with Macam

I have done a new installation with iPC, sleep works but i still have the same issues with reboot and shutdown. I have a 30 secondes black screen before it does the action. Which bios do you use ? the original one or the one modded by Kabyl ? Also, could you upload the com.boot.plist because the one in the first page ain't available anymore.

I have done a new installation with iPC, sleep works but i still have the same issues with reboot and shutdown. I have a 30 secondes black screen before it does the action. Which bios do you use ? the original one or the one modded by Kabyl ? Also, could you upload the com.boot.plist because the one in the first page ain't available anymore.

I'm using the original Bios, my system also has the dramatic pause before shutting down or restarting.

File attached com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

Can I get some help installing the video driver. I have this feeling I'm pretty close I just am no able to change the resolution. I added a screenshot. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you, and thanks again for writing this amazing tutorial.

picture1vvw.th.png

Which release did you use ? You should be able to change the resolution but the problem is that the Quartz doesn't work.

Download the file attached by Montey and copy it into the directory library/preferences/systemconfigurations/

and then check into the directory system/extensions that there isn't any video injector such as natit, nvdarwin, nvinject,... If there is, delete it.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm... what does it mean?

Has the author succeeded with gettin' M50 100% working or has he been fed up with its constant "partially working" status?

Anyway wish good luck to every owner of this lappie with installing OS X on it.

Hope one day i'll also can do so

• 3 months later...

hey i have an M50sv-a1 that i want to attempt to install this i plan to use iDeneb 1.5.1 i have all the kext that kmikase put up on page 4 except for the the Speedstep and the audio is there anyway that these files can be reuploaded. Also what happened to the first post? has TheKing quit or has he succeeded?

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

Sad to see that this very useful discussion about M50S wasn't updated for long, so i decided to add my portion of experience with this notebook to the topic.

I used iAtkos v7, install options:

Chameleon v2

Extra Directory

DSDT

Apple Decrypt

9.7.0 Voodoo kernel

Disabler

Voodoo PS/2 driver with trackpad plugin (causes sometimes kernel panics at boot, but no alternative exists as far as i know)

---------------

Post-Install (all of the files can be downloaded here):

DSDT.aml from THe KiNG (for nVidia 9500m GS video, Marvell lan, sleep and internal bluetooth - mine wasn't working OOB). In case of emergency this DSDT is mirrored here.

WiFi with D-link DWA-125: custom pack here. Install RTUSB D2870-3.0.0.0 package, then replace WirelessUtility with the one from RTUSB D2870-1.1.6.0_D71w (the one from 3.0.0.0 was crashing immediately)

VoodooHDA - see custom pack voodoohda0.2.61(M50s).zip, instructions inside

IOUSBFamily from 10.4.9 - IOUSBFamily(10.4.9).kext for removing 30sec pauses at restart/shutdown It does its work, but causes more kernel panics and Bluetooth stopped working

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext by Chun-Nan for battery icon.

Update: Camera works! Use CamTwist hack, Photobooth must be launched first!

What doesn't work for now:

Camera

Shutdown/restart executed after 20-30s pause (seems to be IOUSBFamily-related)

Sound output is a bit messed up by internal mic which works constantly - blame VoodooHDA, maybe we should play with settings more.

Bluetooth sometimes ceases to work after waking up - investigating...

HUGE BIG UP to THe KiNG, who created this topic and especially this DSDT.aml, which fixed most of my problems at once)) It seems that he's deleted his tutorial, which could prove very useful (i haven't seen it), but there's much of info contained in other posts of the thread.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to bump this very old topic.

I have recently acquired a Asus m50sv-a1 and am trying to load osx on it. I've read many many forum posts, and it seems that I need to flash a custom bios in order to get this to work.

Unfortunately every link to the custom bios has been removed. Would someone plx point me in the right direction on where to find one?

Thank you in advance.