98 posts in this topic

for the audio I tried the following but it didn't work:

/////////////////////////////

1) Backup AppleHDA.kext:

In Terminal type :

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo mkdir audio_backup

sudo mv AppleHDA.kext audio_backup/

When paswd show prompt , type pass, retype agian code above.

2) Edit AppleAzaliaAudio.kext:

In Terminal, type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Search String

<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>

<string>0x10ec0880</string>

reedit : <string>0x10ec0880</string> change to <string>0x10ec0882</string>

Exit pico , press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit

in Terminal, type:

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Search string : <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0xNNNN8086</string>

(NNNN is any character)

adjust <string>0xNNNN8086</string> to <string>0x27d88086</string>

Exit pico by press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit

3) Clean up the system:

In Terminal, type

sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

cd /System/Library

sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I followed the instuctions by finding the Vendor ID and Device ID for the Realtek/Azalia sound

for step 1 found this under windows

VEN: 10EC

DEV: 0268

for step 2 found this under windows

Ven: 10EC

dev: 4383

I have the tx2500z from hp, and I've been able to install Kalaway and Leo4Allv3, and when I saw the new iDeneb approach, I wanted to try it out because I saw the wifi card was working. So I tried it out, and the boot freezes at the 2nd line where it says "Loading HFS file". Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, seems strange. DVD is patched correctly. I've done it multiple times with same result. Also, like Megazone, I'm seeing ToH as the bootloader just before it hangs. Should it say 'Chameleon" there instead? I also have Vista on partition 1 but never have issues getting back in to Vista with a repair like some so far...

Hello,

I also see the bootloader as ToH and get the samg hang-ups as you had before you patched the correct way. My question is how do you patch the .iso with chameleon's boot under windows? the only way I found to do it was under OS X, which is what i'm trying to get to :) . Also, will the patch work with Leo4Allv2 or iDeneb 10.5.4, or only with Kalyway or Leo4Allv3??

Hello,

I also see the bootloader as ToH and get the samg hang-ups as you had before you patched the correct way. My question is how do you patch the .iso with chameleon's boot under windows? the only way I found to do it was under OS X, which is what i'm trying to get to :wacko: . Also, will the patch work with Leo4Allv2 or iDeneb 10.5.4, or only with Kalyway or Leo4Allv3??

I've tried all Kalyway, Leo4Allv3 and iDeneb. I would sugget iDeneb 10.5.4.

It's has latter Leopard version.

It is already using Chameleon bootloader, so you don't need to patch the image before and install the bootloader after.

It didn't overwrite the MBR so I don't have to fix the MBR to boot vista everytime after reinstalling the Leopard (but this mean if you're trying to dual/tri-boot, you might need to setup the vista's dual boot first)

It seems more stable than Kalyway and Leo4Allv3 that very often I had problem in booting.

I used the iDeneb v1.1 which has Realtek driver and PS/2 fix built in. However, I still couldn't get the Wifi and sound working.

James,

which wireless card do you have in your tx2500z?

I have a wireless N card and could not get it to work in kalaway and leo4all

I have not tried ideneb yet.

Thanks

I couldn't get the wifi working either uisng iDeneb, already have Broadcom selected during installation. Mine has Broadcomm 4322AG which has draft-n, I guess it's same as yours.

From james's posts, he could have wifi working in both Leo4Allv3 and iDeneb while I coudln't get it working in both. So, I guess his card is not the one supporting draft-n.

Hello,

Can someone give us an update on the status of Leopard on the tx2500 series? I have a tx2510 on the way and plan to dual boot with Vista and Leopard.

I think the last set of posts suggested that the iDeneb install is the way to go to get everything working OTB except the video. I hoping that posters like james V., wen1, and orican finally got everything working and moved on to using their tablet rather than posting everyday about their tribulations with trying to get Leo to work.

So guys, what's the current status?

Hi,

I have the french version of tx2500 which is tx2520ef (on HP website) and I've tried Leo4all v4.1 and Kalyway with chameleon but no one work, the install is stuck on "still waiting for root device". I can't reach the advanced settings in the BIOS. I will try iDeneb but I think it will be the same.

So I would like to know if you could help me. Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...

how did you guys with tx2500z models get past the waiting for root device after the darwin loader and acpi are loaded? i've tried just about every install out there and still waiting for root device...do i need to insert a command line in advanced options for the darwin loader? any help would be appreciated. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, people, I have two main problems:

I'm stuck on the InterfaceNamer: no network interfaces, could not update platform UUID [i half-realized it's due to the system not being able to boot into graphical mode]

half fixed with:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=790122

FYI: I can only boot to graphic mode if I follow the README on the Install DVD where it says:

at root type mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

(booting with the -s option)

Otherwise it gets halted on the error stated above.

The second one is that I can boot only with the option

rs=disk2s2

I'm now looking for Broadcom driver for the wifi card.

Perhaps someone has a hint on those ones.

arielon,

you were able to install and boot into leopard with your tx2510us? which install did you use? did you ever get the waiting for root device msg while trying to install? how did you get past it? any insight would be great as I am trying to load leopard in my tx2510us as well..thanks!

Installed Ideneb 1.3 / 10.5.5 on my TX2590, no big hazzle if selecting the proper *extras & patches* as described in this thread. As reported before working fine with Vista as dual boot.

Great news though, after applying Apples latest Airport update:

AirPort_Extreme_Update_2008-004 (available for download via another thread here)

My TX2590 hackintosh immedatey detected the BCM4322 embedded wifi as an Airport card !

Only need a patch for the ATI 3200 card now....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody.

a little new to this, so please bare with me.

I have the tx2524ca:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...=reg_R1002_USEN

i have attempted to install both iDeneb and Kalyway, but with no success.

furthest i got so far is using iDeneb 10.5.5.

it's installed but when i try to load it up i get a Kernel panic error telling me to restart the computer.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Yaniv.

Is the Radeon HD3200 the only thing that doesn't work when iDeneb is installed or are there other things that don't work either?

And is it possible to do a Vanilla-install on the HP TX2500 series?

Any answers on these 2 questions are greatly appreciated :)

Is the Radeon HD3200 the only thing that doesn't work when iDeneb is installed or are there other things that don't work either?

And is it possible to do a Vanilla-install on the HP TX2500 series?

Any answers on these 2 questions are greatly appreciated :)

No vanilla kernel with AMD, or...?

HW not working, what I've noticed so far (in my case, TX2590 & iDeneb):

-Radeon 3200

-Embedded HD audio (controls visible though)

-Sleep mode

Native resolution is good enough for my need and I rarely de-mute audio on any

of my computers. Sleep mode is a bugger though...

okai guys i've got a tx2500 series with f.08 bios flashed.

its kinda odd but kalyway 10.2.2 results in a kernel panic and doesn't even let the dvd boot at all.

ideneb 10.5.5 does boot but shows corrupted media at the middle of the install ( i tried the same media(which is a DVD+R btw in my other notebook( acer 4920g - and both the distributions worked with out flaws(no network/video at all btw)- though i did have to change sata mode (AHCI/IDE) to get them work).

just thought i'll share my experiences here; today am gonna write the ISO of ideneb to DVD-R to see if tht makes any difference in the corrupted media- also am gonna use hdd installation method too if this one fails.

okie guys the verdict

got the ideneb 10.5.5 installed in my tablet turns out tht the previous media i used was a bad one.

so now i got everything works except proper drivers for video and audio.

though i do have some issues with booting up the os with out the ideneb dvd in the bay but that i can deal later now on to solving the sound issue and if i can succeed on getting the sound then its a perfect os for my use.

* btw am posting this from my hackintosh.

thankx for the help i got from this thread and overall this great forum guys! it really did help me a lot.

bye for now.

a good news i just got my sound card up in my hackintosh. please perform the steps given below to get ur sound card working.

download http://rs222.rapidshare.com/files/132209637/ALC268FIX.zip

install everything in it except installer2.

before rebooting the sytem goto system/library/extensions and delete alcinject.kext

reboot the system.

none of the above stated procedures are my own.

i just happend to be curious enough to google the hell out of anything or everything i ever came across.

now the single piece of hardware we need to get running is radeon hd3200 which unfortunately as of now got no working solutions butam pretty much sure tht we will have one in the future.

bye for now guys ; hope i've been of some help to you guys.

Rin

I read on netkas.org and IRC that there is now support for the Radeon HD3650a (and HD2800 also i thought). Has anyone used any of those two drivers/packages (especially the HD3650 one) to try to get the Radeon HD3200 to work?

I have sound, Bluetooth, Ethernet working well, but Wifi doesn't work (I've selected Broadcom in instalation):/ I need help, I have HP tx2510us -- iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 installed! Still with no HD 3200 driver.

EDIT: I got Kernel Panic when it goes Shutdown (Poweroff).