HP TX2500 Series Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

orican

98 posts in this topic

Things you will need:

• Kalyway-10.5.2
  • Chameleon installer - chameleon.osx86.hu/file_download/10/Chameleon-1.0.11-installer.zip
  • Chameleon DVD patch for Kalyway-10.5.2 -chameleon.osx86.hu/file_download/8/Kalyway-10.5.2-Chameleon-1.0.11-JMicron-fix.zip

Installation:

• Patch your Kalyway 10.5.2 with Chameleon DVD patch. Patcher software is included in the zip, look for pdx-ppf3.zip. I patched mine under windows.
  • Burn and install away.
  • No booting flag is required. Install should take you straight to OSX installation screen.
  • Customize the install and tick "SEE2_Jas1048_ACPI", "AMD_1052_Patches" and "PowerManagement_bundle" under Patch.
  • Once installation is complete you should be able to boot into OSX with the Kalyway DVD still inserted.
  • Install Chameleon installer and you will able to boot without Kalyway DVD.

Whats working and not working:

• Webcam - Works out of the box
  • ATI Radeon HD 3200 - not working so far
  • Realtek 8168/8111 Gigabit Ethernet - untested
  • Broadcom 4322AG - untested
  • Realtek HD Audio - untested

FAQ:

Q:What is Chameleon?

A: Chameleon is the only boot loader that is compatible with our CPU.

Q: Does it require the power plugged in to boot into OSX like the tx2000?

A: No. It will boot fine running on Battery.

thanks for this info this was the next thing i was going to try... another boot loader... thanks for pointing me in the right direction... somehow i misplaced my kalyway .iso file but am going to try and patch a leo4all v3 .iso with chameleon boot loader and see what happens there.. I will report here if it worked.

I have a tx2525nr...

UPDATE:

I was able to install Leo4all v3 by patching the dvd with chameleon using ppf o matic in windows....

curently trying to dual boot with vista 64 bit:

Leopard 10.5.2:

Working OOB: Camera, wifi, sound driver installed but doesn't work/but the buttons do control the sound on the screen. I can touch the screen and the mouse goes... Ink shows in sytem preferences...

Not working: Radeon HD 3200 :blink: fingerprint reader, remote, scroll pad... etc...

I tried using natit and the ati2000~ kext by editing the plist w/device id to no avail.... black screen on boot... :help: had to reboot in using -x and deleted the edited .kext

this thing would be near perfect if I could get the audio, video, touch screen calibration....

I know its asking a lot....

i used the Leo4all v3 patched and successfully installed it on my usb hdd... (it didnt show my unpartitioned space on my main hdd, so i have to install it somewhere else)...

However after the installation process finished, i tried reboot into the hdd with leopard, but i couldnt, since the original bootloader is still there (not chameleon). So how should i boot into leopard?

thats what happend to me too at first.... I got it to install but it put the TOH bootloader...

since I am trying to dual boot I had partitioned my hard drive as folllows:

part 1: WINDOWS VISTA (110 GB)

part 2: LEOPARD (110GB)

part 3: RECOVERY (15 GB)

once installed I had got a HFS+ Error because i was trying to boot into Leopard thru partition 1. so I did following steps:

1. Boot off OSX dvd disc in single user mode (press F8 and type -s)

2. At single user prompt

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 2 (this is where the leopard install was....)

update

write

quit

4 reboot

It then rebooted and I tried to boot off of my hard drive.... it showed up and started the TOH/Darwin bootloader and hung at the same place it was before....

So this is what you need to do:

with the disc still in let it do its thing... (boot off the DVD) and just let the time run out... it should boot into Leopard for the first time and do the initial setup... then once you get in you must install chameleon from within os X. make sure you repair permissions as well.

good luck

Ps if anyone knows why I can't repair my Vista Boot please let me know.... It shows up in the chameleon boot loader but if I try to boot it, it tells me to repair.... when I try to repair using a Vista DVD it says something about not being able to repair automatically.....

Hey James.

are you getting your Vista to boot yet?

according to ZEF said, we didnt use the fdisk came with Chameleon to update the MBR (did we?)

and asked us to try use Jas 10.5.3 disc to fix the problem.... (how?)

If you get a way to fix it, share with me... or at least give me a way to back up my my documents in my vista... >.<

Can you guys share what you did to recover vista?

Also I installed the Kalyway DVD instead of Leo4All and I do not seem to have wifi installed. I am a n00b at this and was wondering how I could get the drivers for the wifi card?

Thanks.

Hi All,

I also have the tx2500. I have tried 3 different flavors of Leopard install, most recently this Leo4All with Chameleon patch. I always get lockup at "Using ACPI RSDP revision 2 found at 0x000fe020". This is 10 lines in from initial Darwin load. I'm going crazy since other 2500 owners seem to have some measure of success...any thoughts?

Thx,

Mike

Hi All,

I also have the tx2500. I have tried 3 different flavors of Leopard install, most recently this Leo4All with Chameleon patch. I always get lockup at "Using ACPI RSDP revision 2 found at 0x000fe020". This is 10 lines in from initial Darwin load. I'm going crazy since other 2500 owners seem to have some measure of success...any thoughts?

Thx,

Mike

Strange....

the Chameleon patch should work as using Chameleon bootloader and letting you pass that "Using ACPI RSDP revision 2 found at 0x000fe020" phrase and continue the installation...

all the TX2500 should use the same bios and soooo similar hardware.

So I am guessing you didnt patch the Chameleon file well? I couldnt think of any other reason might cause this.

try patch that dvd again.

Strange....

the Chameleon patch should work as using Chameleon bootloader and letting you pass that "Using ACPI RSDP revision 2 found at 0x000fe020" phrase and continue the installation...

So I am guessing you didnt patch the Chameleon file well? I couldnt think of any other reason might cause this.

I'm also seeing the exact same problem.

I have the same partitions as james Vreeken in Post #6, Partition 1 is Vista and Parition 2 is Leopard.

I followed his instruction in Post #6 to fix the HFS+ Error and then reboot, it always stuck at

"Using ACPI RSDP revision 2 found at 0x000fe020"

It is showing TOH bootloader, not Chameleon.

How can I put in the Chameleon bootloader?

My Kalyway was patched correctly for sure.

The Chameleon came with 2 MD5 files giving the MD5 before and after the patch. I checked my ISO before and after patching and the MD5 codes match.

And now I also can't boot the Vista.

Strange....

Yes, seems strange. DVD is patched correctly. I've done it multiple times with same result. Also, like Megazone, I'm seeing ToH as the bootloader just before it hangs. Should it say 'Chameleon" there instead? I also have Vista on partition 1 but never have issues getting back in to Vista with a repair like some so far...

Finally got both Kalyway and Leo4All v3 running, but Kalyway had a lot of problems so reinstalled it with Leo4All v3.

Kalyway only boots if it's running on battery, very weired, and wired ethernet doesn't work.

Leo4All somestimes not boot on battery, but boots faster, wired ethernet works.

Hope someone can get the video card work soon and also an utility to calibrate the touch screen and pen.

Ok, It turns out that I shouldn't be trying to do these installs at 2am! I obviously was not paying enough attention to what I was doing.

So, when I was applying the patch I was CHECKING the "apply undo patch data" checkbox thinking it was going to make it so I could uninstall somehow if I needed to. DoH! Turns out, if you check that box it tries to undo any PREVIOUS patch on the iso so it wasn't doing anything at all! No wonder it kept showing ToH bootloader on install.

Ok, so now that I'm done being dumb, I DO have Leo4Allv3 installed and it's working pretty well. Cam and Ethernet work out of the box. I did notice that james vreeken said his WiFi worked OOTB...is this correct?

Also, am I the only one experiencing times when the system freezes loading the OS sometimes? Also, I'll get some crashes while running the OS sometimes as well. It'll go to a black screen with a cursor-type block in the upper left. I always have to reboot in these cases...so, seems to be some stability issues?

One more thing, what software updates is it ok to install? I think I tried the latest Leopard combo update once and it killed the install.

Thx!

Mike

I too reinstalled my system with a Leo4all (chameleon jmicron fixed) disk in the anticipation of getting wifi working. But I do not see wifi enabled out-of-the box also.

Infact, i could not get wifi working using several methods discussed on this forum.

Does anyone have wifi (802.11n card) working on this laptop?

Leo4all v3 and Kallaway 10.5.2 pretty much have the same stuff working.

Leo4All does have touch screen enabled and it was not the case with Kallaway.

im using the kalyway and i can't seem to get it boot properly from my hard drive it just freezes at random points during loading. the only way I can get it to boot is if I insert the chamelon cd and type in rd=disk0s2, i tried installing the chamelon boot loader for the hd again but no luck..anyone have any suggestions? btw is it worth it to reinstall with leo4allv3 instead of kalyway?

• 2 weeks later...

I am now triple booting with:

Partition 1:Vista 64 bit

Partition 2:OsX Leopard 10.5.4

Partition 3:HP Recovery

Using iDeneb 10.5.4 DVD from the bay

works almost perfect!

Need video and i can't get sound but WiFi works by choosing Broadcom during install...

haven't check to see if wired ethernet works but i choose RTL8111 so it should...

camera works perfect! even the buttons for sound control are working. but no sound output... :(

someone help with the video driver please!!!!! I've tried a bunch of stuff but can't find a solution...

touch screen works and is usable but the further you go away from the center the less accurate it becomes.... probably due to it thinking that it is at full rez?

-make sure when you install to select the right things under customize!

if I remember right you need to check the following:

(x) AMD Patch

Audio: (I chose AppleAzillaAudio but it didn't work so it must be something else!)

Kernel:

(x) I chose 9.2.0 Sleep

Ethernet:

(x) Realtek RTL8111

WiFi:

(x) Broadcom

Fix:

(x) I chose AppleSMios-27 MB (macbook)

(x) ApplePS2Controller (VERY IMPORTANT!!!!)

(x) Firewire Remove

Video:

I didn't check any because none of them are the right one! looking for a ATI Radeon HD3200 Kext !!!!

Applications:

Check if you want to!

Good luck

Here is what shows up in the system Profiler for Video/Displays: B)

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9612

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Here is the output from the scan I ran on the hardware for my computer using osx86 tools:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Unknown device [1022:9600]

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Unknown device [1022:9602]

00:04.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Unknown device [1022:9604]

00:05.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Unknown device [1022:9605]

00:06.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Unknown device [1022:9606]

00:11.0 SATA controller [0106]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:4391]

00:12.0 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:4397]

00:12.1 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:4398]

00:12.2 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:4396]

00:13.0 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:4397]

00:13.1 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:4398]

00:13.2 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:4396]

00:14.0 SMBus [0c05]: ATI Technologies Inc SB600 SMBus [1002:4385] (rev 3a)

00:14.1 IDE interface [0101]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:439c]

00:14.2 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc SB600 Azalia [1002:4383]

00:14.3 ISA bridge [0601]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:439d]

00:14.4 PCI bridge [0604]: ATI Technologies Inc SB600 PCI to PCI Bridge [1002:4384]

00:14.5 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:4399]

00:18.0 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 11h HyperTransport Configuration [1022:1300] (rev 40)

00:18.1 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 11h Address Map [1022:1301]

00:18.2 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 11h DRAM Controller [1022:1302]

00:18.3 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 11h Miscellaneous Control [1022:1303]

00:18.4 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 11h Link Control [1022:1304]

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:9612]

08:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation Unknown device [14e4:4328] (rev 03)

09:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8168] (rev 02)

hopefully this can help someone