HP TX2500 Series Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

orican

98 posts in this topic

Okay, I get everything to work except Wifi (excluding hd3200), any one know what's wrong? I tried the wifi thingy in the install, but it didn't work after the install. I tried the other Wifi thing in this thread, anyone got an idea? Because when I try to scan for a signal, nothing comes up.

You probably have the Broadcom BCM 4310 so this is what you have to do to make it work:

-open the script bcm43xx_enabler.sh in textedit and add <string>pci14e4,4315</string> (somewhere between the other strings).

-then sudo ./script bcm43xx_enabler.sh

It should work flawlessly (if ther's a problem ask here)!

Credits go to Yoplaid !

Do this and it should work

In the customisation you need to check the following (hope to remember all of them):

- AMD patch

- 9.2.0 Sleep

- Azalia audio (it will not work but I will tell you how to fix it later - after boot)

- Wired net: Realtek RTL8111 (didn't test if it works but I don't give a rat's ass if it doesn't)

- Wireless: Broadcom

- Macbook smbios

- Firewire removal

I don't remember what else was in the downside of the customization, but if you have doubts post the question here and I will try to help you ASAP.

Note: DO NOT CHOSE any chipset!

The hdd was configured with dual-boot(vista&W7) and it was not f-uped by the macboot.

The fix for the audio: --- The method is posted by rinjose on Insanelymac.

"download http://rs222.rapidshare.com/files/13.....;/ALC268FIX.zip

install everything in it except installer2.

before rebooting the sytem goto system/library/extensions and delete alcinject.kext

reboot the system."

The fix for an eventual WiFi malfunction: --- Fix tried by Yoplaid still on insanelymac

"-open the script bcm43xx_enabler.sh in textedit and add <string>pci14e4,4315</string> (somewhere between the other strings).

-then sudo ./script bcm43xx_enabler.sh"

@neodoru i cant get to the custmization, it stuck at the Apple logo

@neodoru i found it, man i am so stupid but if i have any other question i will post it. Thanks a lot for the help. So the HD3200 not working yet?

Sadly no!

I have explaind a lot why, but apparently THIS F_CKED UP SITE chosed to display some F_CKING ERROR, and I lost everything I said! Maybe someone will make fix this forum so we will not waste our time 30 minutes in vain!

@neodoru hey i cant get the Wifi to work. I did everything you intructed but still no working.

The fix for an eventual WiFi malfunction: --- Fix tried by Yoplaid still on insanelymac

"-open the script bcm43xx_enabler.sh in textedit and add <string>pci14e4,4315</string> (somewhere between the other strings).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody

I'm to all this, hoping you guys could help me out. Just got my HP tx2530ea with Vista Home 34bit, using Leo4all v4.1. I got up to finish installing Leopard. Now I need to repair my Vista boot (winload.exe is missing or corrupted), but can't seem to complete the window repair. Can anyone help me.

Many thanks in advance.

I went to the irc chat to ask around in the radeonhd channel... doesn't look good. here is their response:

<WACOMalt> hello

<WACOMalt> I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the ATI HD3200 to work

<WACOMalt> it is card in most of the HP tablet laptops (tx2500z here)

<WACOMalt> I was just wondering if anyone could help us out. there are many of us in the same boat on insanelymac with the same or similar laptops

<WACOMalt> everything but the GPU works

<~netkas> nonee knows

<%nawcom> i doubt anyone is going to work on it anytime soon

<WACOMalt> It is based on the 2900 I believe, but my attempts to modify the kexts to use that have failed

<WACOMalt> ok :/

<WACOMalt> who are the people who work on this stuff anyways? like who sets up the patches for the distros?

<WACOMalt> I would love to get some input from them

-insert long lack of response here-

so yeah... is there any way to upgrade the video card in this laptop?

Guys, I could use some help... I've tried to get a TX2510us up and running with iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6. Installation goes smoothly but I can't get the Wi-Fi card to work... I've tried the Broadcom enabler script (seen in other topics...) but it doesn't help at all. I can see the card using osX86 tools, but on the network preferences nothign shows up (nothing but ethernet and bluetooth)... I've also tried all unconventional approachs (like Yoplaid and some others) but no success either.

The best install I could get was using these packages:

[x] PS2 fix

[x] Voodoo Kernel 9.5.0

[x] Seatbelt fix

[x] Battery Manager

[x] Audio ALC268

[x] Ethernet Realtek1000

[x] Wlan Broadcom (that damn thing won't work)...

[x] some other apps packages.

The line for the wlan card in PCI Device/Vendor Id is the following:

08:00.0 Network Controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless Lan Controller [14e4:432b] (rev01)

and YES... the wlan switch is ON! :rolleyes:

Trully appreciate all the help I can get. This setup was a promiss to a friend tired of Vista's BSOD...

Bruno Mesquita

Hi there,

I have gotten Leopard up and running on my HP tx2514ca (AMD) machine but the only things that aren't working are the wired and wireless networking. I have looked through the other forums and haven't been able to find a usable solution. The main reason is because I have very little experience using a MAC so a lot of the terminology used is something I have no experience with.

I have the following:

Broadcom 4322AG Wi-Fi Adapter and

Realtek RTL8168C Gigabit Ethernet NIC

I'm hoping someone can provide me the solution on what files to use and how to configure or install them, bearing in mind that I am very new to OSX.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

So, I successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2, using sleep kernel. When trying to boot leopard i get the following:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132

2814MB memory

VESA v3.0 16MB (ATI ATOMBIOS)

Loading Darwin/x86

Loading kernel mach_kernel

Loading HFS+ file: [mach_kernel] from 422d500.

LoadDrivers: Loading from [/system/Library/Extensions.mkext]

Loading HFS+ file: [/system/Library/Extensions.mkext] from 422d500.

EFI enhanced bootloader build: ToH

Using SMBIOS table found at 0x000fe120

Using ACPI RSDP revision 2 found at 0x000fe020

_

blinking cursor at the end. I don't get the we are going backwards error. just hangs right there.

any news on this problem ?

Specs:

HP Pavilion tx2500

System board ID: 30F1

AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual Core Mobile ZM-80 @ 2.1Mhz

3 GB RAM

Bios version F.05

Thanks in advance gentlemen.

• 2 weeks later...
@neodoru hey i cant get the Wifi to work. I did everything you intructed but still no working.

that was for the mpci cards not the mpcie cards that we have. i think the wifi was fixed when using an older power kext. its been awhile since i played with mac, but as soon as i get ideneb, ill be working on getting everything operation and ill post all my stuff

• 5 weeks later...
I have gotten Leopard up and running on my HP tx2514ca (AMD) machine

Wow... I have a HP tx2517ca with the exact same hardware specs as your HP tx2514ca and all I've been getting is trouble heaped upon trouble… I'm encountering that infamous "Still waiting for root device" message.

Yes I've searched the forums, but no our HP manufacturer BIOS disallows tampering with the AHCI. The closest I've come to an install was popping out the disc when that waiting for root device message comes up and then popping it into an external DVD drive… but that only gets me into Boot0: MBR -> Boot0: done; Boot1:error errors after it finishes installing... no use if I can't use it ><

Anyways, if you can sort of run me through what you did, I will worship you! I've burned practically every OSX86 distro there is… iDeneb, iPC, Kalyway, Leo4All :(

I tried using the iPC X-DL Leopard Live disk as well, but after the external drive trick to get past the root device thingy, I only get stuck with "Could not find a network or local drive logout single user mode."

ARGH!!!

Thanks for all the potential help coming.

So, I successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2, using sleep kernel. When trying to boot leopard i get the following:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132

2814MB memory

VESA v3.0 16MB (ATI ATOMBIOS)

Loading Darwin/x86

Loading kernel mach_kernel

LoadDrivers: Loading from [/system/Library/Extensions.mkext]

EFI enhanced bootloader build: ToH

Using SMBIOS table found at 0x000fe120

Using ACPI RSDP revision 2 found at 0x000fe020

_

blinking cursor at the end. I don't get the we are going backwards error. just hangs right there.

any news on this problem ?

Specs:

HP Pavilion tx2500

System board ID: 30F1

AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual Core Mobile ZM-80 @ 2.1Mhz

3 GB RAM

Bios version F.05

Thanks in advance gentlemen.

Hi,

I've the same laptop with same specification as you have. I dont have F.05 bios version and I am unable to find this version. Could you please let me know from where can I download this version of BIOS. or Can you give me this bios file. Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
I went to the irc chat to ask around in the radeonhd channel... doesn't look good. here is their response:

<WACOMalt> hello

<WACOMalt> I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the ATI HD3200 to work

<WACOMalt> it is card in most of the HP tablet laptops (tx2500z here)

<WACOMalt> I was just wondering if anyone could help us out. there are many of us in the same boat on insanelymac with the same or similar laptops

<WACOMalt> everything but the GPU works

<~netkas> nonee knows

<%nawcom> i doubt anyone is going to work on it anytime soon

<WACOMalt> It is based on the 2900 I believe, but my attempts to modify the kexts to use that have failed

<WACOMalt> ok :/

<WACOMalt> who are the people who work on this stuff anyways? like who sets up the patches for the distros?

<WACOMalt> I would love to get some input from them

-insert long lack of response here-

so yeah... is there any way to upgrade the video card in this laptop?

Any updates??????????

• 1 month later...

Any1 still using OSX on their tablet? I was curious if people were still using it? Have you found it useful or did the graphics card issue make it a bad experience? If you did find it useful and still use it, what is the feature you like the most? I am planing on giving it a try on my tx2500z, 2.0 processor and b/g wifi. Vista and 7 dual boot at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
Any1 still using OSX on their tablet? I was curious if people were still using it? Have you found it useful or did the graphics card issue make it a bad experience? If you did find it useful and still use it, what is the feature you like the most? I am planing on giving it a try on my tx2500z, 2.0 processor and b/g wifi. Vista and 7 dual boot at the moment.

I'm running the last iDened 10.5.8 working fine.

Including :

- Bluetooth

- Audio

- Wifi

- Battery management

- All Software updates are available through the online update process.

- No error at restart

Exception :

- no calibration of the touchscreen screen

- sleep mode

- hd3200 video driver seems not available (still 1024x768 resolution)

Hope this helps,

Alexia

• 7 months later...

ATI Radeon HD 3200

I downloaded RadeonHD.kext.lebidou.zip from Post #115 here used Kext Helper to install driver, restarted & changed my resolution. :D

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1305093

I hope this works for other people it sure worked for me! I tried everything... it would be nice to get CI/QE working but from what I hear it's not possible. I only wanted to maximize my resolution so the desktop looks decent. :P