A kinda wish list :)

paulmoscow

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm using my MacOS installation for a week on ASRock P4Dual-915GL with P4 SSE3. The system is quite stable and fast, but below is a list of some things I miss:

1. Hibernation

2. VPN

3. Thumbnail view in Finder windows and a fast picture viewer similar to the one built-in to XP

4. Full-fledged Outlook instead of Entourage

Anyone has something to add?

Hi,

I'm using my MacOS installation for a week on ASRock P4Dual-915GL with P4 SSE3. The system is quite stable and fast, but below is a list of some things I miss:

1. Hibernation

2. VPN

3. Thumbnail view in Finder windows and a fast picture viewer similar to the one built-in to XP

1. don't know

2. having issue's too (most of my clients are running a secure rdp connection so no biggy)

3. maybe a automated script or something may do what you want...

4. 'purchase' office 2004 :D or if your using an exchange server you can use owa...

5. ReiserFS support :huh:

6. this is an obvious one... QE support on my gfx card.

Hi,

1. Hibernation

2. VPN

1. Not sure about hibernation support in OSX, but I don't remember seing it back when I used to use macs daily.

2. Should work... I think. Try google on this one.

3. Don't think this will work on OSX. :D

4. Entourage sucks, I agree... and for Outlook you could try using Wine on MacOS X, though I don't know if it will work. Mail and iCal are way better than Outlook though, in my opinion.

Well, there is no full Outlook client for OS X unless you have a real PPC Mac and run Outlook 2000 (I think that was the version) in classic. It had normal Exchange support. Office 2004 and all still need IMAP and all that, so no scheduling and all.

What is wrong with preview.app?

What is wrong with preview.app?

Up/down arrows (for a previous/next picture) are not enabled. In Windows XP you can easily preview all graphics files in the current folder.

As for hibernation, I'm very surprised Apple still didn't copy a feature Microsoft introduced 6 years ago in Windows 2000. Or is it related to OS architecture?

Ahh ok, thanks. I was just curious. I use both OS every day, guess I was just used to things on each side feel. I suppose I sorta leave iPhoto open most of the time. hehe

Well, on a real Mac, thing seem to suspend or whatever fine.

• 1 year later...

Granted it's a dead topic, but all except hibernation are possible. You can set up VPN connections in the Internet Connect properties, all you do is click New VPN Connection and specify the type, RRAS server, and so on.

And he already said how to change the thumbnail view, and as for Outlook just install Office through Darwine.

Hibernation however, seems to have plauged everyone, some with minimal success, others not so much.