iphone 3G without contract

SpeedfreaK

43 posts in this topic

You can find information on swisscom-iphone tariffs at http://iphone3g.swisscom.ch/?lang=en&plang=en

There is a pre-paid-tariff with a 16gb iphone for CHF 619.00. I'm thinking about buying one, but I'm not sure, if the device has to be activated at the store and if they sell to foreign customers (I'm from Germany). 

It would be nice, if someone from Switzerland can gather these information.

@ derrhener, Most companies sell pre-pay handsets to anyone, no ID is required as there is no contract. Most people now buy handsets abroad when on holiday as it's cheaper to call back home from them than from their own networks when roaming :D I can not see a issue.

From looking at the Swiss iPhone prices it leads me to believe that in the UK the prices for the 8gb/16gb PAYG iPhone will be £249/£299 respectively.

We are talking about O2 they have seen the demand, so they will price accordingly (the same as they did with N95) I would be very very suprised if they offer them for sub £300 starting price. which would go with the price that was 'accidently' put on their website before release of the iPhone which was £350.

they will also go with prices from other area's in Europe which are averaging £350+ for iPhones with out contracts (i.e. Pre Pay)

There was also the iPhone prices in France posted on a website (forget which one) which was 609 euro's (£485) locked to Orange and Orange also do one for an extra 100 euro's (£563) which is beleived to be unlocked OTB. :P

• 2 weeks later...
there isn't an unlock for iphone 3G yet! Will it be there in a couple of days/weeks?

Absolutely Wrong! :P

In Italy every iPhone 3g , is totally free and works with every sim u put in there !

I think this is the reason it's being sold at high Prices 499 and 569 euros :P

Absolutely Wrong! :thumbsup_anim:

In Italy every iPhone 3g , is totally free and works with every sim u put in there !

I think this is the reason it's being sold at high Prices 499 and 569 euros ;)

that's because they are factory unlocked handsets - due to the laws in Italy (Belgium too), speedfreaK was talking about the unlock solution for the locked handsets, which the swisscom handsets are.

• 2 weeks later...