HP DV2700

Grimmy311

17 posts in this topic

I have an HP DV2700 and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I could install and get a fully working hackintosh. I am not afraid to get things working or following some tutorials to get certrain hardware to work so I don't expect to having a 100% fully working system without some work.

I have already installed Kalyway 10.5.2, after install using the vanilla kernel I believe I had fully video support, audio, webcam, keyboard, touchpad, and dvd-rom. I do not think my USB and Network devices were working. Below is a list of hardware in the laptop and what I know about the hardware, so please correct me if I'm wrong and/or point me in the right direction to get the network and usb to work.

Processor:1.85 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo

Seems to be working flawlessly

Sleep:

Appears to be working, system will go to a black screen then come out when I hit a key.

Drives: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

WDC WD1200BEVS-60UST0

Both working fine without issues

Video: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family [Display adapter] (2x)

Generic PnP Monitor (14.0"vis)

Seems to be working fine

Audio: Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

Working

Firewire:

Working

Webcam: HP Webcam

Working

Wifi: Intel 4965A/G/N

Non-functional - I understand this card doesn't work and probably never will (which is a shame since alot of notebooks have this). I also understand you can get a Dell 1390 replacement that will work.

Ethernet: Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

Non-functional - haven't tried to get this one working, any suggestions?

Card Reader: RICHO Multicard Reader

Untested

USB Ports

Unfunctional - Tried to plug in a flashdrive with no luck, I dont think they are working.

Battery:

I don't see a battery icon

Hi. I have the same laptop, probably newer model, as my CPU is Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz and video: Nvidia 8400M 256Mb

I have installed Kalyway 10.5.1 -> 10.5.2 Kalyway update and with NVinject 0.2.0 driver it works fine.

Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update prevents the system from loading, though I can load into single user mode

I have working:

CPU/Speedstep

Bluetooth

touchpad

USB

LAN (with downloaded from this forum AppleYukon.kext.zip file, modified to work with Marwel LAN cards)

Don't work:

sound - Work but only speakers with AppleAzaliaOut.kext

webcam - work if an application using it is enabled as "Launch with Rozetta"

battery icon doesn't appear - Does with Power Management Bundle

sleep mode

External VGA connector

Can you post the screenshot about you sound card into this forum. Maybe it'll help me to make my sound working.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have an HP DV2700 and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I could install and get a fully working hackintosh. I am not afraid to get things working or following some tutorials to get certrain hardware to work so I don't expect to having a 100% fully working system without some work.

I have already installed Kalyway 10.5.2, after install using the vanilla kernel I believe I had fully video support, audio, webcam, keyboard, touchpad, and dvd-rom. I do not think my USB and Network devices were working. Below is a list of hardware in the laptop and what I know about the hardware, so please correct me if I'm wrong and/or point me in the right direction to get the network and usb to work.

Processor:1.85 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo

Seems to be working flawlessly

Sleep:

Appears to be working, system will go to a black screen then come out when I hit a key.

Drives: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

WDC WD1200BEVS-60UST0

Both working fine without issues

Video: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family [Display adapter] (2x)

Generic PnP Monitor (14.0"vis)

Seems to be working fine

Audio: Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

Working

Firewire:

Working

Webcam: HP Webcam

Working

Wifi: Intel 4965A/G/N

Non-functional - I understand this card doesn't work and probably never will (which is a shame since alot of notebooks have this). I also understand you can get a Dell 1390 replacement that will work.

Ethernet: Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

Non-functional - haven't tried to get this one working, any suggestions?

Card Reader: RICHO Multicard Reader

Untested

USB Ports

Unfunctional - Tried to plug in a flashdrive with no luck, I dont think they are working.

Battery:

I don't see a battery icon

Can you please share: How did you manage to make the HP Webcam work? Can you please upload the kext file.

Thanks a ton in advance!!

• 3 weeks later...

hi. i have hp pavillion dv2700 model dv2915nr.

i've tried kalyway but it wasn't good . so i installed the latest iAtkos v.4 . it works great but u must know what to select . before u begin installation right where ur selecting kernels and drivers from costumiz.

in my case i selected both darwin bootloader and the darwin bootloader non-efi. to get darwin bootlaoder menu . this helps even if ur not Dual booting vista mac or xp mac . cus this will pervent from getting the curser error and ur machine will boot into mac straight.

ofcourse i had to reinstall 4 times to know which are the right stuff to select from the list. lol.

Note: iAtkos and darwin bootloader are selected automaticly so don't touch them.

so i selected...

dawrin bootloader non-efi (must be selected along with darwin bootloader , this helps even if ur not doing dual boot u'll not get the curser error.)

toh kernel

mbios kent

remove thermal kext

as for drivers.

driver for intel graphic card 3100x.

SATA

NTSF

not to many choices.

DO NOT SELECT ANYTHING ELSE .

Start installation , u can skip disk check . let it install, it'll take about 15 min or so. when done it'll ask u to restart . click it and leave the disk in . it should boot into mac right after the restart.

;) some of the names i mentioned to select from costumize might not be the same exat words but close enough for u to figure out which one i'm talking about.

that was a good install.

as for hardwares ofcourse if there is support for them they'll work .

for webcam u'll need to install camtwist it's a freeware. open it select webcam from the list on the left and save it . the cam is hidden so there is a botton on the top right that will show it . u have 2 check marks . check them and the cam will work in camtwist . now click the save button at the bottom center of the program . so each time u open camtwist it'll work automatically. after that ur done with this . if u wanna use photobooth u must open camtwist first than photobooth. webcam is recognized as HP cam and it works in yahoo , some said it works in ichat . but not for me.

as for marvel ethernet card i'm attaching the modified AppleYukon.kext it will solve the problem . ofcourse u need to go to extention and look for IOFamilyNetwork . open contents find plugins and drop the AppleYukon.kext there . i'm uploading it to make things easy for u.

after that you need to open terminal and do this .

sudo -s

enter password :P

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

chown -R root:wheel AppleYukon.kext

chmod -R 755 AppleYukon.kext

kextload AppleYukon.kext (press enter it'll load it)

the ethernet should work . special thanks to Memorial for this fix.

as for sound it works but not headphones we must wait for some smart guy to come up with something . i hope they can get the headphone to work atleast :D

usb ports work fine .

SD card reader works with a number of cards , i don't know whichones yet.

trackpad tapping can be enabled , you need to install the ALPS_Glidepad_Driver.pkg

this will enable trackpad tapping . but it wont let u scroll. also you'll get a bunch of useless checking boxes in the prefrence which none does change anything . so u'll get tapping working atleast. i uploaded that too.

special thanks to ALPs.

wireless intel 3945 will never work . so you can buy a pcmcia card since hp2700 have the slot for that.

the media center remot control works also . and ther is a nice program in apple i forgot the name .it'll allow u to edit the bottons on the remote. i haven't tried it yet. but the remote worked in frontrow.

there are some useful drivers on apple site like the HP printer support drivers list.

and there is a micrsoft mouse support program u can get from apple website . it'll enable microsoft mouses.

hope my messy text helps a little.

AppleYukon.kext.zip

ALPS_Glidepad_Driver.pkg.zip

Ok so brief update, I tried the Kalyway 10.5.2 first like the OP and after a few dvd burns I finally got a working copy. Installed it but when I turned it off I ran into a boot error, it wouldn't let me boot into Vista or OSX so I ended up deleting the OSX partition and restoring Vista to get it working. Tonight I'll try the iATKOS version that mehdymehdy posted, wish me luck :(.

• 3 weeks later...
The intel card works...Though people think its impossible. If you wanna know how to do it pls Pm me. We can maybe put up a guide after testing it on your laptop

great. how can u get the intel wireless working?

thanks!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The intel card works...Though people think its impossible. If you wanna know how to do it pls Pm me. We can maybe put up a guide after testing it on your laptop

Hello kunal_ how can I Pm you? I need to get my network card working using iDenb 10.5.6. Please help.

jj

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was able to install Kalyway 10.5.2 V8 on my DV2700 Artist Edition! The only thing that does not work is

Wireless LAN

Ethernet

and my sound input!

Can anyone help me out?

Hi.

I have a dv2899 Artist Edition, Ethernet is working fine on Snow Leopard (32/64).

Just had to change device-id in DSDT

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                   	Store (Package ()
                   	{
                   		"AAPL,slot-name",		Buffer () { "built-in" },
                       	"device-id",			Buffer () { 0x54, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00 },
                       }, Local0)
                   	DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    	Return (Local0)
                   }

It is now seen as Marvell Yukon 88E804Z

post-530549-1269645493_thumb.png

Still looking for internal mic, and i have ordered a bcm4321 wireless adapter to replace intel 4965.

Hope this helps.