Help with network drives

6 posts in this topic

Hi

Here is my problem.

Im running OSX 10.4.5 from wich i connect to Windows XP hd´s. So far no problem. I can connect those windoze drives.

I see them on the desktop and can reach those drives.

But after reboot i cant see the drives on my desctop anymore and have them to connect again.That is very annoying.

Is there a way that those drives keep connected even after a reboot??

Thanks i advance for your help

Hades

Are the drives NTFS?

I've had the same issue in the past. You might try FAT32 if you can. I don't know any way to manually mount a drive (although I'm sure there's a way...).

There's probably an easier way to do it but I guess you could write a script with the command to mount a Samba share in it (your remote Window NTFS drives). I don't remember the incantation, off hand (mount blah, blah blah), but I'm sure you can google it. Then use Platypus to make it executable and add to your login items. The network will be up and running by then because this technique is how I launch my Synergy client at every boot (networked keyboard + mouse sharing).

Mashugly, did you bother to read what he wrote? He is trying to reconnect to NETWORK drives. The format of them makes no difference at all, since that is handled on the remote computer.

What he is asking is very simple to do:

1. connect all of the drives you want to reconnect when you boot

2. open System Preferences

3. click Accounts

4. click on your account

5. click Login Items

6. drag the icons for the mounted drives from the desktop to the list

That's it. When you log in, the drives will be mounted for you.

Mashugly, did you bother to read what he wrote? He is trying to reconnect to NETWORK drives. The format of them makes no difference at all, since that is handled on the remote computer.

What he is asking is very simple to do:

1. connect all of the drives you want to reconnect when you boot

2. open System Preferences

3. click Accounts

4. click on your account

5. click Login Items

6. drag the icons for the mounted drives from the desktop to the list

That's it. When you log in, the drives will be mounted for you.

That was also my first step, but I don't like that after every login for each mounted Network

drive a new Finder pops up.

The better solution for me was a Automator Script.

There was Finder actions for checking drives and mounting drives.

After "clicking" the script, save it as an program and drag the program to your login items.

Et voila, after each login the Network drives will connected automatically without opening

a finder window.

have a nice day,

dexos