What about the new ATI HD4850 ?

Soner

911 posts in this topic

Oh i managed to fix problem with Natit.kext from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1106167 post. Now everithing is working, i have picture on both monitors and i can change resoluton on both. Monitor wake from sleep is also woking now.

Would you like to share how you did that, or are you just going to have us all wait another week?

OK here is what I did. My primiry monitor is dell 2408 WFP (1920x1200 resolution) and it is connected with DVI cable on DVI port that is further from motherboard. Second monitor is LG LCD connected via DVI-HDMI adapter. I can change resolutin on both and I can wake monitors from sleep. GPU is Gainward 4870 512 MB.

Here is all procedure that I did.

1. I instaled retail version of leopard 10.5.6 with boot - 132. During instalation my dell was connected to DVI port that is further from motherboard and in other port there was only DVI to HDMI converter.

2. After instalation of leopard i booted in it and instaled Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk and reboted.

3. Than I instaled drivers from this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155477 and rebooted with -F.

4. I instaled natit.kext with Kext Helper b7 . Natit.kext i used is from this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1106167

5. I once more reboted with -F

6. While in OSX i conected my LCD with HDMI and I got picture on both monitors.

Everithing is working perfectly for me now, just as it works for me in windows vista.

I hope that this tutorial will help some1 because I found so many good tutorials that helped me alot.

Here is few screens to ...

post-392596-1238499316_thumb.png

post-392596-1238499333_thumb.png

Dear All :rolleyes:

I had a working Leo 10.5.6 OS with Nvidia 9800GT 512.. And now a switched the graphic card with ATI 4870 512. And guess... cannot boot.. tried everything from -s -f -v -x but with no success. Than I boot with retail DVD and LS_8 and added a Natit.kext, repaired permissions and removed Extensions.kext but still cannot boot mac os.

So.. Should I first remove nvidia or? and what can I do to boot up my system?

tnx

besirovic - Thank you very much for sharing your steps. I did follow them and was able to get dual monitors working both with DVI connectors, full hardware support. I'm using 4870. Thanks again!

OK here is what I did. My primiry monitor is dell 2408 WFP (1920x1200 resolution) and it is connected with DVI cable on DVI port that is further from motherboard. Second monitor is LG LCD connected via DVI-HDMI adapter. I can change resolutin on both and I can wake monitors from sleep. GPU is Gainward 4870 512 MB.

1. I instaled retail version of leopard 10.5.6 with boot - 132. During instalation my dell was connected to DVI port that is further from motherboard and in other port there was only DVI to HDMI converter.

2. After instalation of leopard i booted in it and instaled Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk and reboted.

3. Than I instaled drivers from this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155477 and rebooted with -F.

4. I instaled natit.kext with Kext Helper b7 . Natit.kext i used is from this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1106167

Everithing is working perfectly for me now, just as it works for me in windows vista.

I hope that this tutorial will help some1 because I found so many good tutorials that helped me alot.

Hello, i've got a Gainward ATI HD4870 1GB and Leopard Retail 10.5.6. I've installed the driver package and the Natit.kext. All seem to work but when i reboot the LCD turn off and goes on sleep mode. The LCD is connected to DVI port, i got the same problem also on VGA port. I did't tried the 2 HDMI ports because i don't have the adaptors. How can i solve this problem?

you got sleep working? I have done the exact same as you and got both monitors working but never got sleep working.

Is anything new? Nevermind i see its just monitor sleep not computer sleep.

i can answer every question you have

1. Go to Apple (www.apple.com)

2. Contact Customer Service and they will mail you a check (REFUNDABLE) for your system so you can all go out and BUY A MAC TO USE A MAC!!!

3. If you can't find the driver your looking for, maybe you will live long enough (more than normal people) that by 2063 your "New" driver will be available.

4. Any idea when the GTX 295 kext will be available? :D NO ONE SAID '295!!!' :)

i have a problem. several of them, actually.

*sorry if this was already asked, but i looked through the whole topic and haven't found a solution for my problems*

but, before that i want to say thanks to everyone who works on osx86 project, without you i wouldn't be able to see how great MacOS is lol

system specs:

-Asus P5LD2 Deluxe

-Sapphire Radeon HD 4850

-Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz (HT, 3.21GHz, 2MB L2, 804MHz FSB)

-3gb ram

__

mac version: XxX x86 10.5.6 with voodoo 9.6.0 kernel

installed netkas' 48x0 pkg with nopowerplay natit.kext, dvi2vga adapter is used also.

in "about this mac" it does recognize the card and monitor.

from "about this mac":

about_mac_graphics.jpgabout_mac_hardware.jpg

*please, write if any other info is needed*

so, here are the problems:

I. whenever video card is not used for 15-20 minutes, it gives kernel panic. i tried playing video for the long period, and everything successfully worked for about 18, and would've still been working if i didn't come home xD

also tried different kernels, but there wasn't much of a difference. *see the pic in the bottom of the post*

II. on shutdown/restart i also get kernel panic. scroll down for photo. dunno about sleep, don't need it, but i believe it would give kp too.

III. resolution, fullscreen etc.

i can't change resolution or refresh rate, everytime i do so - it show me blue screen and system crashes (music stops, repeating a laggy sound). but, it is set to 1280x1024 by default (not forced during via boot plist), which is ok with me.

whenever i try to run a game in fullscreen (for example, "Sim Ant" game works perfectly in window mode, but if i press alt+enter to make it fullscreen ->) the screen turn black and system craches again.

that's it for now, hope you guys will help me out.

kernel panic after inactivity:

hd4850_kp_96.jpg

Kernel panic on shutdown/restart:

hd4850_kp_96_shutdown.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've got a PowerColor HD4830 (DeviceID: 0x944c) and already followed the "dummy-guide". I installed the hd48xx-package and repaired permissions, but it didn't change anything. I can only get 1400*1050 instead of 1680*1050. Is it possible to add my device id to the x2000.kext? Or do you have any ideas? My card has DVI,VGA and HDMI and it doesn't matter which one I use. Do you have any ideas?

I'm running iDeneb v1.3 (10.5.5) updated to 10.5.6...

Thanks for your answers!

Hey guys,

I've got a PowerColor HD4830 (DeviceID: 0x944c) and already followed the "dummy-guide". I installed the hd48xx-package and repaired permissions, but it didn't change anything. I can only get 1400*1050 instead of 1680*1050. Is it possible to add my device id to the x2000.kext? Or do you have any ideas? My card has DVI,VGA and HDMI and it doesn't matter which one I use. Do you have any ideas?

I'm running iDeneb v1.3 (10.5.5) updated to 10.5.6...

Thanks for your answers!

can you tell me how were you able to install the drivers? i only get a black screen on my iatkos 10.5.5 and i dont have a geforce card so i cannot boot normally to install the drivers

• 2 weeks later...
it worked! and also the resolution change/fullscreen problem is gone! (at least for now). i wodner why it didn't work for me before...

Thank you very much!

wil this work on a 4870 also?

mine is working perfectly except for kernel panic at shutdown

I have S3 sleep working under both 10.5.6 and 10.5.7. Natit with disabled Powerplay is required for my PC. Natit with bios is giving jerkness after wake up.

what card do you have? Where to get this disabled powerplay natit?

I'm having trouble with 4850 and computer sleep.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I am having a crazy issue. Ive tried a bunch of guides to get this Saphirre HD4850 working good. The only problem is when I reboot or shutdown.

Once I install any package whether i reinstall drivers or run natit.pkg everything works on first reboot. However if I restart or shut down and start, my moniter says "no input found" after white apple screen.. To fix this I reboot into safe mode and run the natit.pkg or drivers.pkg or anything else that has to do with this card. After I reboot all works good again... UNtil I reboot from there.

basically

Install drivers - reboot normal mode = working

Reboot from normal mode to normal mode = not working (have to -x and reload drivers)

any suggestions?

exact same reboot problems here. no solution yet but you'Re not alone :)

update :

did a fresh install and it works now:

delete all ati* and natit or aty*

install the ati4850 driver package (5 ati kext + natit)

install ati_motmot

and here the change: delete ati_motmot inside the atindrv.kext

now it doesnt go to black screen after second reboot :D

• 5 months later...
Anyone know how to get my 4870 to work?

Im running 10.5.7 Leopard....

Been trying to get it to work for ages... CAN'T get it fixed:(

ati-card.jpg

i just CAN'T get it to work... plz help anyone!!

Try this kext specially for HD4870

EVOenabler.kext.zip

Info:http://www.kexts.com/cat/10-ati.html

Good luck

:(