New leo4allv3 patch

bhst2

34 posts in this topic

The problem is that the majority of responses in these forums are the same:

"Oh, you need to reinstall the drivers"

How about taking a little bit of time and explaining in how exactly i can install those drivers?

But people forget that every single one of us started as a noob and then assume that everyone is a pro.

I stated many times, I'm a noob, at least on OSX86, and so far, i have no idea in how to install or where to find drivers for devices.

This forum has a lot of information, but sadly, i think that it needs to be a bit better organized.

In case i was misunderstood, Jas patch for Leo4AllV3 did not work for me, but installing Leo4All v3 and then installing Jas standalone update worked great, just that i was not able to fix QE?CI and sound, but that part, is my fault for being a noob.

So, since i was not able to find the needed information, i will wait for Jas to release his 10.5.3 ISO and go from there.

If anything, I agree with Jas's fustration, since all he tried to do was to help Leo4All users, since Eddie is not around and it kind of backfired on him.

The problem is that the majority of responses in these forums are the same:

"Oh, you need to reinstall the drivers"

How about taking a little bit of time and explaining in how exactly i can install those drivers?

But people forget that every single one of us started as a noob and then assume that everyone is a pro.

I stated many times, I'm a noob, at least on OSX86, and so far, i have no idea in how to install or where to find drivers for devices.

This forum has a lot of information, but sadly, i think that it needs to be a bit better organized.

In case i was misunderstood, Jas patch for Leo4AllV3 did not work for me, but installing Leo4All v3 and then installing Jas standalone update worked great, just that i was not able to fix QE?CI and sound, but that part, is my fault for being a noob.

So, since i was not able to find the needed information, i will wait for Jas to release his 10.5.3 ISO and go from there.

If anything, I agree with Jas's fustration, since all he tried to do was to help Leo4All users, since Eddie is not around and it kind of backfired on him.

I never asked, just spent a little time looking for what I needed. Everything you could need is likely here already. If you can't be bothered to learn on your own, seriously, stick with Windows.

I never asked, just spent a little time looking for what I needed. Everything you could need is likely here already. If you can't be bothered to learn on your own, seriously, stick with Windows.

Man, i would hate to need help from you if you had a real Mac, you already sound like a true mac fanboi.

Hey Jas,

will the new patch need to applied after applying the first one you released, or does it need to just be applied by itself?

JaS has already written what one has to do oneself in order to solve e.g. the no-boot or kernel panic due to the CPU kext .. he has also said that he is trying to correct the current iso and, if successful, issue a new patch. Also he said that in case he can not figure out eddie's install setup, he would not be able to publish a new ppf at all, but publish his very own JaS 10.5.3 DVD (instead or in addition, we will see).

So your question had already been answered 100% before you posted it ........ :(

Man, i would hate to need help from you if you had a real Mac, you already sound like a true mac fanboi.

I do have three real Macs. And you'd be a Mac and Linux fanboy too if you had to work in IT. Although I suppose if Microsoft made better software I'd be out of a job :)

Hi...

I patched iso with ppf.....

deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.....but then....

I got something like this

can't determine extension "AppleACPICA" and that is all

maybe someone with similar problem???

p.s. Toshiba tecra s1 with sse2 cpu and 855pm chipset.....

for now only kalyway 10.5.1 works with 9.1 kernel....

Last bit of info .. On my dvds they auto remove the dreaded AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext , since eddie is away I didn't know his does not. So you will have to remove this extension if it is causing you any panics.

boot the installer to the terminal

mount the drive readwrite and rm -rf the extension

then boot -f and the system will boot without that panic.

Hey, If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. after booting the installer to the terminal I'm not positive on how to mount the drive, it gives me permission denied. also, if I do manage to mount it am I just gonna type in "rm -rf appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext" (without quotes) and thats all? again, any help would be greatly appreciated.