Your Car?

51 posts in this topic

Usually, one has to have a license to ride a Dirt Bike on the road. But not in Mississippi. :hysterical:

It gets about 80mpg, does 70 top end, and can go wherever I want it to.

EDIT: In a small town where people ride ATVs around, none of the cops care.

Usually, one has to have a license to ride a Dirt Bike on the road. But not in Mississippi. :hysterical:

It gets about 80mpg, does 70 top end, and can go wherever I want it to.

I come from a farming background so I have had my fair share of fun on dirt bikes hehe. My dad has a Suzuki DR-Z 400. Good times...

Black 2002 Honda Accord (V6, dual exaust, fully loaded). Soon to have my electrolyzer inside.

And Busses, BIG MF'ing Busses! Every half hour everyday, NEVER late! ;):P:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
I wish we had that here. I would use it. Public transportation in most of the USA is a big joke. Here's how it is in WA state:If you live near seattle, every bus goes to seattle, none come back, every 2 hours or so.The town I live in (20 min from the canadian border). Bellingham, it has public transportation, but only until about 9pm. It is getting better all the time, but it still has a tiny ways to go.

Also, gas is about $4.75/gallon up here. 3 weeks ago it was 3.90. I think America has some hard times ahead of it, especially in the way of gas prices hehe.

Also, gas is about $4.75/gallon up here. 3 weeks ago it was 3.90. I think America has some hard times ahead of it, especially in the way of gas prices hehe.

I believe it can hardly be worse than here. We are paying around €1.55 a liter (that is about $2.40 a liter!!!)

(In case you are wondering, that is $9 a gallon).

When I lived in Amsterdam I didn't have a car, I didn't need one. But I need one here. There are supposed to be local buses, but only till noon (I have never seen one).

If you want to go to other towns, the buses all leave from a place which is far away for many, they take twice the time it would take by car, they don't run in the evening... We don't have trains either.

In Leeds I needed a car too. For instance, if I wanted to go to the local Asda, I had to go to the city center and from there to Asda. With other words, I'd spend half a day on buses for about 5 miles by direct route.

Marvin - I was about to refute your point about friends and family, when I remembered I don't let them in my car....

off topic - did you hear about the woman who got on a Stagecoach bus, and the driver said it was company policy to not accept Scottish notes? She had to run back to the office and get it changed.

(that looks like the worst punchline ever, but I read it the other day)

Marvin - I was about to refute your point about friends and family, when I remembered I don't let them in my car....

off topic - did you hear about the woman who got on a Stagecoach bus, and the driver said it was company policy to not accept Scottish notes? She had to run back to the office and get it changed.

(that looks like the worst punchline ever, but I read it the other day)

Scottish notes aren't actually legal tender, although they are widely accepted.

Top tip: stick to English notes (especially the new £20 note, that looks amazing!)

it struck me the other day that only the poor and the very rich get driven everywhere....

"A man who, beyond the age of 26, finds himself on a bus can count himself as a failure." Margaret Thatcher.

Does a tram count? Here's mine:

post-53195-1213826100_thumb.jpg

"A man who, beyond the age of 26, finds himself on a bus can count himself as a failure." Margaret Thatcher.

Margaret Thatcher was a nasty piece of work, but I believe many of her reforms were useful (except of course for the poll tax).

I believe it can hardly be worse than here. We are paying around €1.55 a liter (that is about $2.40 a liter!!!)

(In case you are wondering, that is $9 a gallon).

No, I wasn't wondering, I knew that 2.40/liter was around $9 a gallon. I can't wait for the day the US switches to something that works better, the metric system haha.