Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
~pcwiz

MD5 Checker by ~pcwiz

12 posts in this topic

md5checker.png

NOTE: Utility is currently Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard only

I thought that since many people were asking how to verify MD5's, I'd make my own no frills MD5 checking app. I know there are a ton of these out there already, but I thought I'd make my own and keep it very simple and un-technical (if thats even a word) so that newbies can easily use it. It has 2 features, one where you can check the MD5 of a file, and another one where you can choose a file, type in a MD5 to compare with, and do a one click comparison (useful for verifying integrity of OSx86 DVDs). This tool is pretty much a GUI for Mac OS X's build in "md5" command. This is a really simple tool, so I won't even bother to do a beta or anything, I've tested it and it works fine. Hope it comes in handy! ;)

PCWizMD5Checker.zip

I've been thinking of making my own Linux distro ;) [sarcasm] But I am currently in the process of writing pcwizOS. I actually travelled in time 100 years into the future, stole a copy of OS X Housecat, took it back to 2008 and modded it to work with today's computers. The world's most advanced OS--pcwizOS :P [/sarcasm]

I'm kinda putting a feature freeze on OSx86 Tools until the final release, which is when I can take my time with other feature additions. Besides, MD5 doesn't exactly fall under the category of "OSx86", its pretty much a universal utility that can be used on any mac (thats running Leopard). Also, I want OSX86Tools to be strictly OSx86 related and not just another AIO utility like Cocktail or OnyX.

stole a copy of OS X Housecat[/sarcasm]

best OSX name ever. i'm still lol'ing :thumbsdown_anim:

ps: thanx for OSX86Tools. saved my a$$ a few times recently with this 10.5.3 upgrade!

thanks ~pcwiz :( you are great.

the md5 command on terminal just works! but I really was looking for the compare option!

Thanks again :D

Now I have a folder called pcwiz! you know what I have in it :)