LOGIC PROBLEMS

chrispthing

10 posts in this topic

hi, got a problem with logic, wonder if anybody have a solution?

Basically using logic 8 on my hackbook with apogee duet.

t5500 cpu

4gb ram

wd 250 gb hdd (ide)

firewire pcmcia card

logic works really well, with no sign of overload, but i get random distortion, drop-outs which are really bugging me when recording. Thought it might be a buffer issue, but i've experimented with every size and and just when i think i've solved the problem, it comes back. Have tried recording to external 7200 rpm drive, no difference.

With my desktop hack, no problems whatsoever, amd athlon 3500, 2gb ram.

beginning to think it maybe the firewire card, a generic 400 card, which i got working with a driver found on this forum.

Any possible solutions would be really appreciated.

C

...firewire pcmcia card

logic works really well, with no sign of overload, but i get random distortion, drop-outs which are really bugging me when recording...

With my desktop hack, no problems whatsoever, amd athlon 3500, 2gb ram...

Do a google search regarding the PCMCIA bus for your particular notebook. Some of them are problematic, especially in terms of firewire card throughput. I ran into this several years ago when trying to get a PCMCIA sound card to work for a mobile DJ setup. I wound up getting a notebook with built-in firewire, to avoid the whole cardbus issue.

-B

No...absolutely no....

i think this problem is related to hackintosh system...some wrong... not to FW ports not to TI chipsets,

Listen to me, i have a perfect hackintosh, sleep working fine, videocard gpu njected with efi...and tell me why my Virus TI control plugin SUX with bad sync... is the only ONE who gave me problems, (i need to use it with some tips and triks) for the rest motu ultralite midi usb ..other midi usb devices, the onyx and the m-audio firewire audio cards are working fine also in aggregate devices (this is amazing, i can use both cards at same time so i have in total 16+4 ins and 2+10 outs...sounds like a super pro studio LOL) are working without probs.

So tell me why...this control plugin is working fine under real MAC.. tested with friends ....the solution is? :-)

i think this problem is related to hackintosh system...

...this control plugin is working fine under real MAC..

The OP said that the same setup works fine on his desktop hack, so it's not a Hack vs. Mac issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't visited here for a while, so only just read the follow-ups, but thanks for your help everyone. Solved the problem with a new firewire card. The original one had a VIA chipset, new one has TI chipset. Wouldn't have believed it myself, but hey, the difference is staggering.

Was beginning to think that I needed built in firewire, but doing some research suggested that there are lots of benefits to have a separate card. Either way, it's now working so I don't care. You'll need a card that allows you to use an external PSU, as there won't be enough voltage to power the duet on it's own. My PSU is 12 volts, with center pin +ve, but I think the duet is quite flexible in what voltage you can use from about 7 to 30volts. Label on the underneath suggests that, but 12v is definately working well here.

Thought that I wasn't going to solve the problem, but persistence payed off! Really didn't want to get rid of the Duet and anyone thinking about getting one, stop thinking and get one, you won't be dissapointed. :)

• 5 weeks later...

post-133871-1218715514_thumb.jpg

Logic 8 screen freeze problem!!!

When I open 2ultrabeat plugin and 3 space designer or more plugin on the same window, my scren always freeze when I moved plugin window with mouse.

Anybody have this issue? How can I fix this?

I have 2 osx86 system: leo4all v2

gigabyte ep35-ds3p

asus p5k-e wifi/ap

4gbram ddr800

8800gt sonic

sapphire hd2600xt

q6600

Haven't visited here for a while, so only just read the follow-ups, but thanks for your help everyone. Solved the problem with a new firewire card. The original one had a VIA chipset, new one has TI chipset. Wouldn't have believed it myself, but hey, the difference is staggering.

Was beginning to think that I needed built in firewire, but doing some research suggested that there are lots of benefits to have a separate card. Either way, it's now working so I don't care. You'll need a card that allows you to use an external PSU, as there won't be enough voltage to power the duet on it's own. My PSU is 12 volts, with center pin +ve, but I think the duet is quite flexible in what voltage you can use from about 7 to 30volts. Label on the underneath suggests that, but 12v is definately working well here.

Thought that I wasn't going to solve the problem, but persistence payed off! Really didn't want to get rid of the Duet and anyone thinking about getting one, stop thinking and get one, you won't be dissapointed. :thumbsup_anim:

Yep TI chipset for FW and macs that´s for sure. Some no TI chipset FW cards work in XP though really strange, I have one that works perfectly in Win XP but not in OSX in the very same computer.