Leopard HD install helper v0.3(Win32) <2009-04-18>

85 posts in this topic

Hello Guys!!

i have a question, to ur answer:

If you are NOT lucky , the partition can't boot , Goto step5 .

Step5: Check the partition is active and it's ID is 0xAF.

Otherwise , use partition tools such as Paragon Partition Manager change it. <--------- DO NOT FORMART , ONLY CHANGE ID AND MARK ACTIVE

PS: This instruction assume your PC already intsalled WinXP or other OS which include NTLoader.

I have XP and i have partition magic AND paragon partition manager 9 professional..

you said that i have to change the ID to 0xAF, but when i want to do that it does not work, cause this id isnt shown in the list..

in partition magic u cant change the ID ( i didnt see anything to do that)

can somebody make some screenshots or say where i can exactly find it, or which software would be better than these 2...

I changed it manually to AF but it says, that its unformated... if this is ok.. what should i do next??

THX FOR YOUR ANSWERS :DDDDD

Actually i could change my partition to AF in another way too, but this program doesnt work with it... the error not HFS partition comes again and again...

so what shall i do?

hey so all iso's i have tried boot up but i am having the same problem with all of them, my keyboard and mouse WONT work. it gives me the select language screen with the mouse pointer up top left as always but mouse and keyboard are not working

any ideas?

hello everyone,

i tried this method on my external HDD, and first time i fail but later when i active the partition, then things goes fine,

but on my external HDD, i have 2 partitions, i dump the image on first one its iD is AF, and activate it, and i try to format the second partition, through Mac Disk Utility and it fail, my Question is, IS it possible to install the OSX one logical drive of the same HDD which hold the setup of OSX ???????????/

thanks in advance waiting for the answer :sorcerer:

New member here. Want to say thanks for this great software.

I'm having problems though and hope someone could help. First off I'm using a MSI Wind. Now when Im using the Leopard HD installer helper it loads the .iso half way and then my computer blue screens and reboots. Then when I enter Windows XP again it says OS has recovered from a major error.

Recently I just dual booted with Ubuntu 8.10. I tried to again install OSX using this method but same blue screen and reboot. This time it got more serious, it messed up my grub loader in which I couldn't enter any OS (had to reinstall Ubuntu through USB Flash). Thats allowed me to enter Windows XP or Ubuntu again. Tried again and same result.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Is their a conflict with OSX and the Ubuntu boot loader (most recent problems)? This method has worked for other MSi Wind owners. Thanks in advance.

Author: pcspcs @ pcbeta.com

bbs.pcbeta.com/thread-272691-1-1.html

=====================================

Description: Dump leopard ISO to a HD partition , then install leopard from this partition.

No need burn a DVD. It's faster.

I have tried use Leopard's DiskUtil Restore a ISO to a partition , but can't boot from it.

This Leopard HD install helper v0.3 works well.

This software is chinese GUI , I take a snapshot and mark all chinses to english.(see english_gui.png)

===========================================

Guide:

Step 1: Format a FAT32 partition , (Make sure no file or directory)

Step 2: Run "Leopard HD install helper" and select a ISO file.

Step 3: Select target partition and Click "Start" Button.

Step 4: When its done . reboot.

Now , you can install leopard from HD.

NOTE: The "Start" button will disabled when the partition has file or directory , check if has "System volume Information" directory. If "Start" button still disabled , try re-select iso file , try re-select target partition , try check , uncheck "write" checkbox. It's wierd.

Tested ISO File:

Leo4allv3.iso

Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso

Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Rev2.iso

Use at your own RISK!

=====================================

Hi, i have a few questions...

1.- does the partition need to be PRIMARY o LOGICAL?

2.- Once the partiton is created.. that's the partition i will install OSX into, so if this program copy the dvd to that partition wont there be a problem?=

Having a problem. I was able to get the Leopard HD install helper to work and it was loading. It finished the process. But I noticed everything was success except for "change partition type to AF: Failed." I made sure to format the partition as Fat32 primary in GParted but this problem occurs. Because of this when I reboot and try to install OSX it says No HFS Partition Found instead of installing. Any help please?

@boosted23 buddy through this software it very easy to install OSX . i tried iATKOS v2 and v4, and i work fine....

use Paragon Hard Disk Manager to make you partition active and format , im using Paragon Hard Disk Manager to format the partition to FAT32, and make it active, when you make the partition active it ID automatically change to AF, thts all , this the posted software to dump the ISO to HDD (in my case im using portable USB HDD) when dumping done, restart and boot with the HDD and install the OSX, you dont need to change the HDD priority in BIOS, this software automatically configure the dual boot, make sue when the installation of OSX done unplug the USB HDD, so it will boot the OSX from installed partition, either it will again start the installation .... good luck

• 4 weeks later...

I have an idea.

Open Notepad and Save-As to your desktop as boot.ini, move it to C:, and try again. You just gotta trick the program into thinking you're on XP. I don't know if it works, but try it out anyway.

If it does work, Get EasyBCD and add an entry for whatever partition you made for the OS X installer.

Hi, i have a few questions...

1.- does the partition need to be PRIMARY o LOGICAL?

2.- Once the partiton is created.. that's the partition i will install OSX into, so if this program copy the dvd to that partition wont there be a problem?=

1. the partition need to be PRIMARY

2. for install Leopard by use this software , you need create two PRIMARY partitions , one called Install Partition which is the ISO file dump to,

one called Destination Partition which is the partition you want leopard install to.

Good qustion, my Instructions assume you know how to use DVD intall leopard, so i miss some information. sorry for that.

So I update my instructions for newbie. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a 15GB USB stick, and I've iDeneb 1.3. Is it possible to do it with those?

I'm running Windows Vista x64 on my laptop (we don't have a dvd-burner and my dvd reader failed) and when I try using the install helper, the start button is greyed-out. I also tried doing it with my other computer which runs on 32-bit WinXp, also greyed-out. I already tried re-checking and re-selecting the buttons in the helper.

For the USB stick, I've quick formatted it to FAT32, (non-quick) formatted it to FAT32 using both Computer Management and diskpart (in cmd.exe). Computer management reads all of those as Primary and Active partitions.

Of course, xcopy can't read HFS+ DVDs. Even when I tried using MacDrive to copy the .iso to the stick, it won't boot. Is it because the stick is not HFS+? (coz I notice that when I use install helper on one of my hard drive partitions it formats it to HFS+.)

Help much appreciated. :(

I'm using a 15GB USB stick, and I've iDeneb 1.3. Is it possible to do it with those?

I'm running Windows Vista x64 on my laptop (we don't have a dvd-burner and my dvd reader failed) and when I try using the install helper, the start button is greyed-out. I also tried doing it with my other computer which runs on 32-bit WinXp, also greyed-out. I already tried re-checking and re-selecting the buttons in the helper.

For the USB stick, I've quick formatted it to FAT32, (non-quick) formatted it to FAT32 using both Computer Management and diskpart (in cmd.exe). Computer management reads all of those as Primary and Active partitions.

Of course, xcopy can't read HFS+ DVDs. Even when I tried using MacDrive to copy the .iso to the stick, it won't boot. Is it because the stick is not HFS+? (coz I notice that when I use install helper on one of my hard drive partitions it formats it to HFS+.)

Help much appreciated. :)

Well , maybe you have do wrong steps. Leopard HD install helper greyed-out "Write" button when it detect target partition has files or directorys . It's prevent you dump ISO to wrong partition.

First format your USB stick to FAT32 , make sure there is no files or directorys on the USB stick.

Then ,use Leopard HD install helper dump iDeneb 1.3 ISO to your USB stick.

========================

By the way , make sure your laptop support boot from USB stick.

I think it's better if your USB stick recognize by your laptop as USB-HDD

Good luck!

There is another way , if you luck enouth , maybe your USB stick can be simulate as a USB-CDROM.

There are some types USB stick can be use some special tools write ISO to it and simulate as a USB-CDROM.

Then if your laptop support boot from USB-CDROM , that will be easy to install leopard.

Keywords: ChipGenius , USB Mass Production Utility

Well , maybe you have do wrong steps. Leopard HD install helper greyed-out "Write" button when it detect target partition has files or directorys . It's prevent you dump ISO to wrong partition.

First format your USB stick to FAT32 , make sure there is no files or directorys on the USB stick.

Then ,use Leopard HD install helper dump iDeneb 1.3 ISO to your USB stick.

========================

By the way , make sure your laptop support boot from USB stick.

I think it's better if your USB stick recognize by your laptop as USB-HDD

Good luck!

There is another way , if you luck enouth , maybe your USB stick can be simulate as a USB-CDROM.

There are some types USB stick can be use some special tools write ISO to it and simulate as a USB-CDROM.

Then if your laptop support boot from USB-CDROM , that will be easy to install leopard.

Keywords: ChipGenius , USB Mass Production Utility

Thanks for the reply!

I turned on "view hidden files" and "view protected system files" and everytime I format the stick -- no sign of directories and files.

Oh yeah, and install helper tells me that my USB is not a hard disk driver or something like that.

I installed Vista using the same USB stick so no problems there.

I'll try your USB-CDROM advice if my 'thru-VMWare' attempt doesn't work.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the tutorial. I want to setup the MSI Wind U100 to boot as Mac OS X by default, giving also the option to boot as Windows XP.

I understand that for that I need two partitions, but does it make sense to create a third and even fourth partition to boot from them and repair either Mac or Windows should that be needed? Or can that be done just with a USB Flash stick disk? I mean, I will not have an external USB CD or external USB DVD for such repairs. Thanks!

Thanks for the tutorial. I want to setup the MSI Wind U100 to boot as Mac OS X by default, giving also the option to boot as Windows XP.

I understand that for that I need two partitions, but does it make sense to create a third and even fourth partition to boot from them and repair either Mac or Windows should that be needed? Or can that be done just with a USB Flash stick disk? I mean, I will not have an external USB CD or external USB DVD for such repairs. Thanks!

Well , once you setup Leopard , you can create a repair USB stick easily.

As we know , the Leopard install ISO have some repair tools , and can be boot to single user mode. So just pick up a ISO which is can be boot on your MSI Wind. Then use Disk Utility restore the ISO to your USB stick. After all done , try boot from this USB stick (Make sure both MSI Wind and USB stick support USB boot)

If it's can't boot , try install Chameleon on the USB stick.

==================================

By the way : the Install ISO also have a lot stuff whis are NOT necessary as repair purpose.

You can reference Format & Make Bootable HD for Leopard.iso(It's size about 500MB) to make a smaller repair USB stick.