Leopard HD install helper v0.3(Win32) <2009-04-18>

85 posts in this topic

Documents\Downloads\iDeneb_v1.4_OSx86_ISO\iDeneb_v1.4_10.5.6.iso

Type: iso/hfs.

File size:4629370880 Bytes

Image size:4516048895 Bytes

Driver e: not hard disk driver,try another!

-_- help plz

trying to install it on Asus Eee Pc 900ha need to be installed in 4 hrs

Burn it to a dvd and hook up an external dvd via usb to the asus eee pc.

Burn it to a dvd and hook up an external dvd via usb to the asus eee pc.

if i had the dvd drive wouldnt had to go thru all this

i just need the Os for one of my class and the assignment is due in 12 hrs i figured it would take me atleast 3 hrs to learn whats going

thanks for all the help is there any other way

i need to put OS X 10.5.6 on asus Eee pc 900 ha

1.6 ghz

1 gb ram

80 gb hard drive

if i had the dvd drive wouldnt had to go thru all this

i just need the Os for one of my class and the assignment is due in 12 hrs i figured it would take me atleast 3 hrs to learn whats going

thanks for all the help is there any other way

i need to put OS X 10.5.6 on asus Eee pc 900 ha

1.6 ghz

1 gb ram

80 gb hard drive

I've never gotten this utility to work, hence why I recommended the dvd method. Even then, you greatly underestimated how long it would take to learn this. If you just need a working install of OS X, although it will run slowly, download the vmware image of it if you can find it. That should work for sure, but I don't think you're gonna get this done in time for whatever assignment you planned to do.

• 1 month later...
<br />I am getting same error 'not a HFS Paritition' when trying to copy the 10.5.6 ISO to ext USB drive on XP. Pls help?<br /><br />I did the following:<br />1 ) Convert the Leopard 10.5.6 DMG to ISO format using PowerISO <br />2) create 2 partitions on 80GB Ext USB Drive.<br />3) Format the first partition as FAT32 as PRIMARY and marked it ACTIVE (Using windows disk management)<br />4) Run 'Helper' tool as 'ADMIN' user and pointed to ISO created in Step#1 (<font color="#ff0000">In the first box where it shows ISO file location, it shows all weird characters?? and then It showed in bottom, Type: UNKNOWN ??</font> )<br />5) Unchecked all the last 3 checkmarks and then marked 'Write' and hit START<br /><br />Then the above error in the screenshot showed up.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

already follow the step, but i got the same problem

2dbmfdl.png

hitting start and nothing copied to destination partition

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Author: pcspcs @ pcbeta.com

bbs.pcbeta.com/thread-272691-1-1.html

=====================================

Description: Dump leopard ISO to a HD partition , then install leopard from this partition.

No need burn a DVD. It's faster.

I have tried use Leopard's DiskUtil Restore a ISO to a partition , but can't boot from it.

This Leopard HD install helper v0.3 works well.

This software is chinese GUI , I take a snapshot and mark all chinses to english.(see english_gui.png)

Windows XP , 2000 , 2003 only , vista NOT Tested!

===========================================

Guide:

Step 1: Format a PRIMARY FAT32 partition . (Make sure no file or directory) <--- We called this partition as Install Partition

Step 2: Use DiskPart create a PRIMARY partition for leopard install in. See here <--- We called this partition as Destination Partition

Step 3: Run "Leopard HD install helper" and select a ISO file.

Step 4: Select the Install Partition and Click "Start" Button.

Step 5: When its done . reboot.

Now , you can install leopard from HD , the rest steps are same as use DVD to install. good luck!

NOTE: The "Start" button will disabled when the Install Partition has file or directory , check if has "System volume Information" directory. If "Start" button still disabled , try re-select iso file , try re-select target partition , try check , uncheck "write" checkbox. It's wierd.

If you want use this tool dump ISO to USB Stick , you must find some tool to hack the "Gray Start Button".

Tested ISO File:

Leo4allv3.iso

Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso

Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Rev2.iso

iDeneb 10.5.4 v1.1.iso

iATKOS v5i.iso

Use as your own RISK!

======================================

Important:

If the Install Partition can't boot , please check the partition is active and it's ID is AF.

Otherwise , use partition tools such as Paragon Partition Manager change it.

Remober: Do NOT format the Install Partition. what you need to to is mark the Install Partition to active and change the ID of the Install Partition to AF.

The files boot1h , boot_v8 , boot in the attachment are necessary , be sure they with the main program ddmac.exe at same folder.

=======================================

EDIT1:

The recently release , such as iPC , iDeneb v1.4 was NOT compatible with Leopard HD Install Helper .

Because these all release use Chameleon-1.0.11 or PC_EFI v9.

When boot , it's show below infomation and stuck.

H0000003F
]-00000041
=00000001
}*!-007C87D7
=007C007E
Y

Please goto below Post #3 to see Solution. Post #3 Update 2009-04-18

However if all recently release maker can made a little patch to add boot to root directory of ISO , that will be easy more.

First at all :

1.Use Leopard HD Installer Help(be sure uncheck the last two checkbox) dump iso to a Install Partition.

2. Download Chameleon-1.0.11 and dd for win. There is a file named boot1h in Chameleon-1.0.11 Package , use dd for win write boot1h to your Install Partition.

Guide of use dd for win write boot1h to Install Partition:

1.Use dd --list to find the NT Block Device Object name of your Install Partition , for example , found the NT Block Device Object name of your Install Partition is ?DeviceHarddisk0Partition3.

2. Backup two blocks of your Install Partition.

dd if=?DeviceHarddisk0Partition3 of=c:my_bak count=2 bs=512 3. write boot1h to Install Partition

dd if=c:boot1h of=?DeviceHarddisk0Partition3

Method1:

Use this guide or this guide boot from BOOT-132 CD , then type the right Harddisk number.

Method2:

Install MacDrive , then you can write HFS+ partition. so copy the file boot from Chameleon-1.0.11 to your root directory of Install Partition.

Hello will the leopard hd install helper work with windows 7?

Author: pcspcs @ pcbeta.com

bbs.pcbeta.com/thread-272691-1-1.html

=====================================

Description: Dump leopard ISO to a HD partition , then install leopard from this partition.

No need burn a DVD. It's faster.

I have tried use Leopard's DiskUtil Restore a ISO to a partition , but can't boot from it.

This Leopard HD install helper v0.3 works well.

This software is chinese GUI , I take a snapshot and mark all chinses to english.(see english_gui.png)

Windows XP , 2000 , 2003 only , vista NOT Tested!

===========================================

Guide:

Step 1: Format a PRIMARY FAT32 partition . (Make sure no file or directory) <--- We called this partition as Install Partition

Step 2: Use DiskPart create a PRIMARY partition for leopard install in. See here <--- We called this partition as Destination Partition

Step 3: Run "Leopard HD install helper" and select a ISO file.

Step 4: Select the Install Partition and Click "Start" Button.

Step 5: When its done . reboot.

Now , you can install leopard from HD , the rest steps are same as use DVD to install. good luck!

NOTE: The "Start" button will disabled when the Install Partition has file or directory , check if has "System volume Information" directory. If "Start" button still disabled , try re-select iso file , try re-select target partition , try check , uncheck "write" checkbox. It's wierd.

If you want use this tool dump ISO to USB Stick , you must find some tool to hack the "Gray Start Button".

Tested ISO File:

Leo4allv3.iso

Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso

Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Rev2.iso

iDeneb 10.5.4 v1.1.iso

iATKOS v5i.iso

Use as your own RISK!

======================================

Important:

If the Install Partition can't boot , please check the partition is active and it's ID is AF.

Otherwise , use partition tools such as Paragon Partition Manager change it.

Remober: Do NOT format the Install Partition. what you need to to is mark the Install Partition to active and change the ID of the Install Partition to AF.

The files boot1h , boot_v8 , boot in the attachment are necessary , be sure they with the main program ddmac.exe at same folder.

=======================================

EDIT1:

The recently release , such as iPC , iDeneb v1.4 was NOT compatible with Leopard HD Install Helper .

Because these all release use Chameleon-1.0.11 or PC_EFI v9.

When boot , it's show below infomation and stuck.

H0000003F
]-00000041
=00000001
}*!-007C87D7
=007C007E
Y

Please goto below Post #3 to see Solution. Post #3 Update 2009-04-18

However if all recently release maker can made a little patch to add boot to root directory of ISO , that will be easy more.

First at all :

1.Use Leopard HD Installer Help(be sure uncheck the last two checkbox) dump iso to a Install Partition.

2. Download Chameleon-1.0.11 and dd for win. There is a file named boot1h in Chameleon-1.0.11 Package , use dd for win write boot1h to your Install Partition.

Guide of use dd for win write boot1h to Install Partition:

1.Use dd --list to find the NT Block Device Object name of your Install Partition , for example , found the NT Block Device Object name of your Install Partition is ?DeviceHarddisk0Partition3.

2. Backup two blocks of your Install Partition.

dd if=?DeviceHarddisk0Partition3 of=c:my_bak count=2 bs=512 3. write boot1h to Install Partition

dd if=c:boot1h of=?DeviceHarddisk0Partition3

Method1:

Use this guide or this guide boot from BOOT-132 CD , then type the right Harddisk number.

Method2:

Install MacDrive , then you can write HFS+ partition. so copy the file boot from Chameleon-1.0.11 to your root directory of Install Partition.

Hello will the leopard hd install helper work with windows 7?

• 2 months later...

Hi all, im following the installation METHOD 2 , using the chameleon boot loader.

i succeded to the point i should format my destination.

but i formatted it to ms-dos (as said above), but i think it's the wrong step, because after that i cant go to my windows again,

luckily i already ghost my windows so at this moment im waiting for the ghost and gonna retry the steps...

kinda curious what went wrong anyway.

btw, im running on a AMD X2 Atlhon 2.6GHz with ATI HD3200 VGA

and im using iDeneb 10.5.6 v.1.4 as my installer.

ill post my progress later , i hope there's nothing happened to my windows.

"PS : I accidentally set the startup to network and there's where i ended up, a constant restart saying disk error"

Sorry for the multiple post

just one question..

the first partition is FAT32 right?

then what for the second?

Sorry silly question....

LoL

i guess i didnt pay attention good enough.

Ow btw, i used Method 1 (im using 10.5.6)

the installation is successful but when the system asked for restart all i get is a blank white screen

and after a second away the notebook restarted itself.

the first time i got a kernel panic on ACPI.

on the customize i see ACPI DIX, is it helping??????

i add some of AMD patches hoping this installation working fine..

• 3 months later...