SATA on Nforce3 Working

myzar

131 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...

I followed the instructions but when i wanted to try if my mod to VIAATA.kext works, show me this:

kextload -t AppleVIAATA.kext

kextload: extension AppleVIAATA.kext/ appears to be valid

15AppleVIAATARoot is not compatible with superclass, 9IOService superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occurred for kernel extension AppleVIAATA.kext/

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

When i try with my original VIAATA.kext seems the same thing

Is My downloaded VIAATA.kext corrupted?

Or what do i wrong?

Any Ideas?

(Sata hard disk on nforce 4 A8N32-SLI DELUXE)

hey, there is a newer kext to use on nForce Motheboards, no need to use AppleVIAATA.kext for nForce SATA ports anymore

The error you are getting is because you are using a kext that is different for the version of system you have.

hey, there is a newer kext to use on nForce Motheboards, no need to use AppleVIAATA.kext for nForce SATA ports anymore

The error you are getting is because you are using a kext that is different for the version of system you have.

Ohhhh! Thanx, what is the name of the kext?, where can i get it? or Where is it?

Thanx in advance

• 2 years later...

hi i have a problem with a nforce controller in my laptop.

notebook acer 7520g chipset mpc 67 ,i can install leopard on a usb drive but not in my internal disk!

When trying it internal after installing os i've "still waiting for root device" error .

The strange thing is that i can boot on internal only when i've two hardisks installed!!! and no " still waiting for root device" error.

someone has any idea about it?

tnx and sorry for my english