[Review] Gigabyte ATi Radeon X600Pro

4 posts in this topic

I'm reviewing the ATi Radeon X600Pro video card.

Picture (not excatly the one I have):

gigax600xtcard.jpg

Rating: 4.5/5.0

Now this card I have been using for about 1 month. I'm using this card in my 3GHz Hackintosh that runs only OS X x86. It runs most of my games fine, and it has QE/CI/Driver support in 10.4.3/4/5. It definitely runs Halo better than my GMA 900, and it runs it artifact-free. When I used to run Marble Blast Gold, the GMA 900 would have mouse-lag while I was in the menu, the X600 didn't have any at all.

This card has 256MB of Video Memory and is clocked at 400MHz core speed, which is good for using graphically intensive applications at high reslutions. Although this card is VESA 2.0, it is fine for LCD-displays. It's maximum resolution in OS X x86 is 1280x1024, though. So, if you want a cheap (~$70-80), fast card that will run accelerated in OS X x86, get an ATi Radeon X600Pro.

Overall, I was very pleased with this card. It runs fantastically in OS X x86.

Nice review, and well as far as it running osx 86 all i can say about that is duh! :D if you notice the G5 iMacs sport the same card (well maybe not brand and mem size, but the same chipset) which makes the MAC drivers 100% compatable with this particular piece of hardware, I will say though when i build a hack box i will buy this card, just because i KNOW it will work, anywho just a nice tidbit of info i would share :thumbsdown_anim:

• 3 weeks later...