32 MB video card

15" screen

Combo drive

Apple keyboard

Apple mouse

Apple speakers

OS X 10.4.11

298b_1.JPG

I paid $117 plus $70 shipping, $187 total for everything. I thought it was a steal.

I'm just using it in my bedroom for browsing, music, typing, watching DVD's, online TV ect. I have my Macbook for more demanding stuff. Tell me what you think!

I'm really excited then :D . They are my favoite looing iMacs, I love them! I agree that the shipping was too high, but the cost evened out.

Will 256MB of ram be sufficient for Tiger? Or should I upgrade it?

PS: I joined this site to learn to install OSX86, but finally went out and purchased a Macbook and this iMac. I plan to help out in here as much as I can.

I can't find a 1Ghz, 15" & 60gb model on MacTracker http://mactracker.dreamhosters.com/ but I'd assume it's the usb 2.0 version, in which case you can have upto 2gb memory in there - buy top quality ram, iMacs hate the generic stuff....

To do this you'll need to open up the machine http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/imac_g4..._takeapart.html and while you're in there you could replace the hard drive (any size is supported) and blow some of the dust away, just remember the thermal paste when you reassemble the thing!!

sarahbau, The Baron: Thanks for the help on RAM. I plan on ordering some in the next few weeks. My wallet is still recovering from the 2x2GB sticks and 320GB HD I got for my Macbook.

Where the hell did you get that so cheaply???

I saw it on Ebay. It had 20 minutes left and was up to $48. I threw a bid of $200 on and won it for $180 shipped. I jumped up on my couch like Tom Cruise on Oprah :(

sarahbau, The Baron: Thanks for the help on RAM. I plan on ordering some in the next few weeks. My wallet is still recovering from the 2x2GB sticks and 320GB HD I got for my Macbook.

Just remember that the lower slot is an SODIMM, and the internal slot is a full size DIMM. I'd recommend only upgrading the lower slot, unless you absolutely need more than 1.25GB. The internal one is much harder to get to, and it's possible to damage things when putting the iMac back together (like pinching cables, etc).

I saw it on Ebay. It had 20 minutes left and was up to $48. I threw a bid of $200 on and won it for $180 shipped. I jumped up on my couch like Tom Cruise on Oprah :D

Good good good. Congratulations on getting a wonderful Mac. If you're brave enough to go inside the iMac, you can really crank up the RAM. If not, then place a 512 stick in there and enjoy it.