Dvd wont boot, /com/apple.boot.plist error

30 posts in this topic

Things that have helped others:

- Burn the DVD again. This time, select the slowest burn speed.

- If you have the option to select boot source, press the key to bring you to the Device Select menu. Wait. Count to (at least) ten. Select the DVD drive. This is the most obscure solution.

- Use an external USB DVD drive (as stated above). Or you may need to use an external USB hard drive. Or both.

- Inject the kext for your chipset into the disc image. Reburn at the slowest speed. This only works if you know your controller and of a tested working kext.

Goodluck.

Yes i have a jmicron motherboard, the Asus P5E VM-DOhttp://ca.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&...amp;modelmenu=1Im going to re-burn at at X1 and try to wait at the F8 selection screenthanks for the replies :)Im new at adding kexts though.

In the torrent folder for layway .5.2theres a folder called "ADD_KEXT_TO_DVD"with a readme that says:

Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8 if you want adding drivers support to dvd boot then put kexts you want add to dvd extensions in this folder (you can find natit for at hd in this folder) and run Add_kext_to_dvd_boot.command !!!

What do i do? Put the kexts on a flash drive?

Alright well im going to try burning it at a really slow speed, is there anything i can change in the bios to maybe help?

EDIT:: RE-burned @ 4X, same thing happened. It's weird though because back when i had my amd osx like before christmass/ it ran off the same dvd ide drive.

hello people,

i'm new in this forum and in installing the os x86, im having the exact same problem, it can't boot i'm having this /com/apple.boot.plist error.

I really wanna try this but... i need help as u see

my dvd rw is on IDE not satan... so as ive read in other forums this may be the problem, my mobo is a p5b deluxe wifi, i know that im having this Jmicron thing cause ive read it in my BIOS menu, but i realy dont know what it is. buy the way, ive burn the ikatos version of leopard at the slowest speed possible, on a dvd-r... if i could install it from a USB, how can i do that ? like ony copy past ? will it boot ? so yeah please help me

thx :(

I've had the same issue (and not past it yet)

however, i've gathered from search that you need to:

Bios > Advanced:

IOAPTC - Enabled

Execute disabled Bit - Enabled

Max CPUID - Disabled

Bios > Sata - AHCI (or IDE if you run into problems)

Bios> Power:

ACPI - enabled (this is crucial)

Standby - S3

Other things: Remove/unplug ALL ide devices (run from ext dvd drive)

i had the same problem regarding the ide dvd drive

i did find a solution by adding a ide harddrive to the ide cable which made the install work

note i could only install on the sata hdd and not the ide hdd and the ide hdd was in the middle before the ide dvd drive

mobo is a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R

:hysterical: You're not the only one with this problem. I have the same, my specs are;

AMD X2 6000+ (SSE3)

2gig DDR2

400gb SATA2 WD Caviar

AsRock ALive-NF6G VSTA (Nforce 420, onboard GeForce 6100)

IDE DVD RW

Geforce 8800gt 512mb

Would appreciate some help, as I've been looking for a solution to this problem for about three weeks now, my mobo isnt in the supported list in the wiki but its intel counterpart is. And theres also no ACHI option in the BIOS. :)

(was following the noob guide and not posting until I was sure there was nothing out there about it)

hello people,

i'm new in this forum and in installing the os x86, im having the exact same problem, it can't boot i'm having this /com/apple.boot.plist error.

I really wanna try this but... i need help as u see

my dvd rw is on IDE not satan... so as ive read in other forums this may be the problem, my mobo is a p5b deluxe wifi, i know that im having this Jmicron thing cause ive read it in my BIOS menu, but i realy dont know what it is. buy the way, ive burn the ikatos version of leopard at the slowest speed possible, on a dvd-r... if i could install it from a USB, how can i do that ? like ony copy past ? will it boot ? so yeah please help me

thx :)

I installed Kalyway 10.5.1 on P5B Deluxe with USB DVD drive. Now I bought IDE-to-USB converter and it's not working, it boots into disc but then just keeps on repeating one error.

Will it work with a SATA DVD drive?

I had the same bloody problem!!!

The to to get past this {censored} is to hit f8 as soon as u see the white bar start to spin when the dvd is inserted, keep hitting until u get to the boot screen, when u get there then hit enter,

Good luck, btw keep me posted if it worked...

not the apple screen, when u turn ur pc on and it has a black screen at first with a little white bar at ur top right corner, when it starts to spin keep hitting f8 until u get to ur boot start up, then hit enter.

btw, this is only for install from the start, not with it already installed...

ok i have the same problem now

but...

i'm writting this on my hackintosh, i use a hdd i installed with previous mobo/proc

it worked

so i changed the mobo and the proc then i get this error

the dvd drive remains the same. meaning with old mobo/proc it was working, i installed everything corectly

but the SAME dvd drive won't read the SAME disc with different mobo/proc

so i guess it has nothing to do with the drive, but more with mobo compatibily or whatever

this doesn't solve much ....

- If you have the option to select boot source, press the key to bring you to the Device Select menu. Wait. Count to (at least) ten. Select the DVD drive. This is the most obscure solution.

Have you tried this yet?