22 posts in this topic

My system specs are

MOBO: D975XBX2 (BADAXE2)

DVD Drive: Samsung IDE

Hardrive: 250gb Seagate

Ram: 2gb(1 x 2gb) Gskill DDR2800

Processor: Pentium Dual Core 2.2Ghz

Graphics Card: MSI Geforce NX8800GT

Every time i try to install it sits there and says installing Mac OS X then a couple minutes later after no progress it says cannot verify contents of Leopard 10.5.2 or whatever the folder is for each install DVD.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Have U burnt all your install disks on the same burner? the same media? It sounds like the burning of the disk image is the problem or that the disk is some how not viable for installing. Try burning at a slower speed, try different brand of DVD or type (+R, -R), try a different burner. What I come up with right away with out knowing more.

Hi, first check your bios settings. anything strange?

Be sure to check md5sum of your ISO (if you downloaded it) with ones published by releaser, before you burn.

Use hi-grade DVD+R media for burning (I use Verbatim or Sony DVD+R) burnt at slower speed - with media verify.

During the first use of the media for installation, permit program to check the media.

Put the log opened (Erors and warnings) during install and see if goes wrong.

My system specs are

MOBO: D975XBX2 (BADAXE2)

DVD Drive: Samsung IDE

Hardrive: 250gb Seagate

Ram: 2gb(1 x 2gb) Gskill DDR2800

Processor: Pentium Dual Core 2.2Ghz

Graphics Card: MSI Geforce NX8800GT

Every time i try to install it sits there and says installing Mac OS X then a couple minutes later after no progress it says cannot verify contents of Leopard 10.5.2 or whatever the folder is for each install DVD.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I suspect the problem may be the ide dvd drive. I seemed to remember something about having to use a sata dvd drive for the install to work because of the chipset on the badaxe.

I used the Kalyway 10.5.1 disk and then Kalyways 10.5.2 updater. I used default bios settings and then changed the following:

Core Multiplexing Technology <Enable>

Advanced

Peripheral Config

Secondary SATA Controller <disabled>

Drive Config

Config SATA as <AHCI>

Performance

Bus Overrides

HPET <enable>

Security

XD Tech <enable>

VT Tech <disable>

Power

ACPI Susp State <S1 State>

I think that is all I changed.

The DVD I used is KALYWAY LEOPARD 10.5.1 intel SSE2 and SSE3 dated 12/20/07. I think there are other older and newer dvds but this is the one I had success with. I'm not sure if the one you used is the same one but I'd download the one above if not.

The differences between our setups are:

PATA dvd drive - I have all sata - hard drive and dvd drive

I have a 6200TC video card

I have USB keyboard and mouse - not sure what you have

Heres what I did - using 10.5.1 DVD (KALYWAY LEOPARD 10.5.1 intel SSE2 and SSE3). Partitioned as one partition as mbr (NOT GUID) and only selected EFI vanilla kernel, NVinject desktop, efi MBR bootloader (since partitioned as mbr - you have to select mbr bootloader too) but no audio selected. After installation patched sound using patcher from weaksauce12's package: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76014 then audio worked.

I think what I would do to start is do the same selections but select nothing for the video either. You won't have qe/ci but you can see if the video card is the problem. If you can boot up osx then I would reinstall, partitioning again (not just erase) and try different selections in the video category to find one that works for your video card.

Hope this helps - I know how frustrating it can be. It took me 2 full days of changing bios settings and dvd selections with reinstalling over and over to figure out which worked! Once you get it going you will love it! I also used kalways 10.5.2. updater.

dastrom

Thank you I did not know that the chipset on the badaxe2 was not compatible so when I can aford the new sata hardrive or borrow my freinds I will install with either kalaway 10.5.1 or leo4allv3. Oh and i have both a usb mouse and keyboard.

I'd vote for a faulty install disk. There's absolutely no problem whatsoever with ide dvd drives and the badaxe2 board. I've been using them for well over a year and haven't found a tiger or leopard installer yet that won't work on the ba2. It's one of the most compatible boards ever for osx86 even if it is starting to show its age a bit. It could be a problem with the specific drive though. Does it burn properly under windows?

BJ Moose Is king Badaxe2 around here, almost every problem I've encountered, he's already had a solution for, so I agree with him. I know from personal experience, I have an IDE dvd writer, and I've tried just about all distros available (well most of them) I've never found one that I couldn't install. So it does sound like shotty media, I've found with Verbatim, never have a problem, just burn at slowest speed possible

ok

what you should do is use the kalyway 10.5.2 iso that one was the one that worked perfectly with my system. Iatkos had all of these retarted booting problems and only booted 1/4 of the time.

Next download Dvd Decrypter Use google it's not that hard.

after that open up your iso with DVD Decrypter and select speed at 1x (yes it will go slwoer than normal and will take like 15 mins)

Next put it in the DVD drive and see what Happens.

Make sure when you do the install you formatted the partition right (osx extended journaled)

I have no flaws with my system at all 100% Perfect EFI emulation and everything

My bios is set to disable secondary sata drivers and they are plugged in the black sockets not the blue ones on the board.

Q6600

Bad AXE 2

4 GB ddr2 800 mhz

GeForce 8800 GTS Alpha dog edition

Sony combo DVD/CD Drive

Western digital WD5000AAKS

Every cd i burn even if it is an audio cd i always burn at lowest speed. I have tried all of these cds in other computers and they work perfectly. I used the program burncdcc which i have used for many years without any problem and all of the cds where burned at 1x.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The iso is fine and i have tried 4 different dvd drives with Verbatim DVD+R at lowest speed possible and it still says "Could not validate contents of the "Essentials".

If i could just figure out how to disable the checking of the folder then i would be fine.

• 4 weeks later...

I was reading a page that i found on google and it said they were having problems installing on real macbooks with 3rd party ram and i have a 2gb stick of gskill ram. I am going to order a 1gb stick from tiger direct later today so i can see if that helps.

• 3 months later...

Bad RAM is rare but causes problems that appear to be something else.

I ran into this once and it took me weeks to figure out what was going on. The problem only showed up when I was trying to complete an OS X torrent at 99.9% so I thought the torrent was corrupt or related to my torrent client.

I now use Rember to test any new RAM that I get: http://www.kelleycomputing.net:16080/rember/

• 1 month later...
Bad RAM is rare but causes problems that appear to be something else.

I ran into this once and it took me weeks to figure out what was going on. The problem only showed up when I was trying to complete an OS X torrent at 99.9% so I thought the torrent was corrupt or related to my torrent client.

I now use Rember to test any new RAM that I get: http://www.kelleycomputing.net:16080/rember/

I use memtest every time i get new ram but when i was finished building this computer i said to myself what are the chances. But after about 3 months of beating the hell out of myself cause i couldn't get it to finish the install, I popped in the memtest disc and i instantly had errors. Im just glad that GSkill has a lifetime warranty and i was only without a computer for about 5 days. I highly recommend GSkill because of the lifetime warranty.