Do you have a website?

32 posts in this topic

My website is http://www.inerdtech.com

I had an idea to make a universal technology community where everybody can be happy and post about what they want! The redesign just finished a month ago, and we have almost no members. I'm happy to see that they at least build up over time. I want to imagine where my site would be in a year from now. :)

I had an idea to make a universal technology community where everybody can be happy and post about what they want! The redesign just finished a month ago, and we have almost no members. I'm happy to see that they at least build up over time. I want to imagine where my site would be in a year from now. :blush:

You just plugging it there david...

TM

I had an idea to make a universal technology community where everybody can be happy and post about what they want! The redesign just finished a month ago, and we have almost no members. I'm happy to see that they at least build up over time. I want to imagine where my site would be in a year from now. :)

WOW! I added that one to my bookmarks! That could be VERY useful for anyone interested in tech. Your site makes mine look like a grain of sand. FORUMS!!! I haven't even got comments lol

http://######.com

One of the first (not THE first, ONE of the first) OSx86 sites after InsanelyMac. Not only OSx86, this site has content for anyone, including Windows, Mac OS X(86), Linux, and OS X on VMware. This site has member registration options, comment system, RSS feeds, a forum, a blog where I post reviews, tips, news, and all that, and even a wiki where users can contribute their own knowledge. Its an ever growing full featured community with members coming in every day!

Have fun :D

http://######.com

One of the first (not THE first, ONE of the first) OSx86 sites after InsanelyMac. Not only OSx86, this site has content for anyone, including Windows, Mac OS X(86), Linux, and OS X on VMware. This site has member registration options, comment system, RSS feeds, a forum, a blog where I post reviews, tips, news, and all that, and even a wiki where users can contribute their own knowledge. Its an ever growing full featured community with members coming in every day!

Have fun :)

I'm thinking about adding a blog to mine. just to keep people up to date on the OSx86 news.

When i made my site i was trying to decide if it would be for Jailbreaking the iPhone or for OSx86. Guess it's kinda obvious which i chose. :)

It took Google forever to find my site. It was up for a month before they found it and they only found part of it... so i came to places like here and YouTube to try and promote it.

Yeah, a blog does make a nice addition :P One thing about your site, the "OSx86 Scene" link links to InsanelyMac, OSx86 Scene is a separate site (not affiliated with InsanelyMac):

http://www.osx86scene.com/

Unless you meant to link it the above URL, you should change the link title to "InsanelyMac" or "OSx86 Project"

Yeah, a blog does make a nice addition :P One thing about your site, the "OSx86 Scene" link links to InsanelyMac, OSx86 Scene is a separate site (not affiliated with InsanelyMac):http://www.osx86scene.com/Unless you meant to link it the above URL, you should change the link title to "InsanelyMac" or "OSx86 Project"
Oops good point. I ment to make it link to OSx86 Project. I'll change that real quick.

Fixed! I just decided to link directly to InsanelyMac since InsanelyMac links to the OSx86 Project. :)

MacTamer,

If you want a blog system I highly recommend you install WordPress. It's easy to set up and moderate. I'm using that for my blog. And, if you want to go one step further, you can make forums with either PHPbb or SMF. They both work and integrate beautifully. :)

MacTamer,

If you want a blog system I highly recommend you install WordPress. It's easy to set up and moderate. I'm using that for my blog. And, if you want to go one step further, you can make forums with either PHPbb or SMF. They both work and integrate beautifully. :mellow:

Do these work well with Apache? I really would like a blog but I'm using iWeb and i don't really want to buy an iDisk (or to be more specific I WON'T buy an iDisk). But i would also like to stay away from coding as much as possible ;) (a little is fine).

Do these work well with Apache? I really would like a blog but I'm using iWeb and i don't really want to buy an iDisk (or to be more specific I WON'T buy an iDisk). But i would also like to stay away from coding as much as possible ;) (a little is fine).

Uhm, how are you hosted? Well, more specifically, does your host give you PHP/MySQL support?

btw, I updated a few things on my site :mellow:

Uhm, how are you hosted? Well, more specifically, does your host give you PHP/MySQL support?

btw, I updated a few things on my site :)

I'm running it off of a server at home. I could probably build it in if i had to.

MacTamer, Joomla is a great tool for strong ALL AROUND sites. My entire site is built on a slightly modified Joomla with full CAPTCHA security, forum, wiki, comment system, PM system, Blog (WordPress powered), and all that. If you just want a blog, go for WordPress, if you just want a forum, go with phpBB or SMF (phpBB has more theme/extension support but SMF tends to be more secure), if you want a site with everything, go for Joomla.

MacTamer, Joomla is a great tool for strong ALL AROUND sites. My entire site is built on a slightly modified Joomla with full CAPTCHA security, forum, wiki, comment system, PM system, Blog (WordPress powered), and all that. If you just want a blog, go for WordPress, if you just want a forum, go with phpBB or SMF (phpBB has more theme/extension support but SMF tends to be more secure), if you want a site with everything, go for Joomla.

I don't really want a forum... that's what InsanelyMac is for. :)

I just would like a blog and a commenting system (haloscan is okay but...). It looks like Apache has PHP/SQL built in. So now what? Go to the website and read the instructions.?

OK, then what you want is WordPress. Here is the Famous 5 Minute install method for installing WordPress. Good luck ;)

P.S. Apache doesn't have MySQL and PHP built in, those need to be installed separately. You can find PHP here and MySQL here. Or you can save the trouble and install either LAMP for Linux or WAMP for Windows which is Apache, PHP, and MySQL all bundled up :D

OK, then what you want is WordPress. Here is the Famous 5 Minute install method for installing WordPress. Good luck :)

P.S. Apache doesn't have MySQL and PHP built in, those need to be installed separately. You can find PHP here and MySQL here. Or you can save the trouble and install either LAMP for Linux or WAMP for Windows which is Apache, PHP, and MySQL all bundled up :)

My site is now running on WAMP5! That was pretty easy! :)

Now i just need to get my Blog going... :(

Does the 5 minute guide really take 5 minutes?

All my copying has to be done over a network. My server is headless... Shouldn't be that hard... the WAMP root is shared over the network... and if i have to i can VNC into my server.

Well...if you've installed WordPress a lot of times then it should only take 5 minutes, but if you are new it would probably take longer :( Nevertheless it is very easy to do, all you do is setup database >> copy WordPress files to server >> insert database details into wp-config.php and upload file >> run online setup.