(1st Gen) Intel HD Graphics Kexts 10.12 L

1 Screenshot

About This File

:excl:This download is only for users who have a laptop with a 2010 Intel® Arrandale Processor with Intel® HD Graphics:

1st Generation Intel® Core™ Processor with Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale only)

Intel® Celeron® Processor with Intel® HD Graphics (Arrandale only)

Intel® Pentium® Processor with Intel® HD Graphics (Arrandale only)

Make sure the Device ID and Vendor ID match with the following:

Device ID: 0042 or 0046

Vendor ID: 8086

In here you will find my QE/CI and CI only packages for your 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics IGPU for OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Mavericks, OS X Yosemite, OS X El Capitan, macOS Sierra, and macOS High Sierra.

Choose your package:

Download the Intel® HD Graphics QE/CI package if your laptop is using the LVDS connector. This package has the necessary kexts to enable Quartz Extreme with Core Image (QE/CI). This enables full hardware/graphics acceleration.

or

Download the Intel® HD Graphics CI package if your laptop is using the eDP connector. This package enables Core Image (CI) only. This enables partial acceleration.

Note: CI only (CI) is only available on OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 and below. Future releases of macOS requires full graphics acceleration (QE/CI) for optimal performance and stability.

For more information about 1st Generation Intel® HD Graphics, everything is explained in my guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

What's New in Version 10.12 L   See changelog

Released

• QE/CI legacy package for macOS Sierra 10.12 is now available.
  • (1st Gen) Intel HD Graphics Kexts 10.12 L package is compatible with macOS High Sierra 10.13.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have successfully installed Mavericks 10.9 . I install your given graphics kexts , all works fine but i can't found TRANSLUCENT menu bar option under Desktop/Screensaver preference.

Please help me out :) 

• Like 1

use alternative fb ...  dvd player show all feature supported  eve translucent menu bar ... got native resolution  1366x768   .. intel hd graphics 288mb 

so, there's no QE for eDP?

otherwise thanks for your trouble  GhostR... +1

my machine:

e6410 Dell 

i5 m460

intel hd graphics

4gb ram

Great, native resolution 1366x768 on my Siemens Fujitsu Lifebook S710! Installed Mavericks 10.9.4 and Yosemite 10.10b, both full QU/CI support, thanks for the patches indeed.

Lifebook S710

Intel Corei5 M520

2GB

Hi,

I have a 3rd-Gen Intel HD 2500 card

can you show me how to make a QE_CI kexts for 10.10 ?

Thanks

Some alternative for people like me that have different device id? (mine is 0106)
Vendor ID matches, but device no

PCIVEN_8086&DEV_0106

hey there!

Great job done! 

I assume this is all about binary and maybe some Info.plist patching,

so I wonder whether you could set up a clover-guide, so that it would be far easier to achieve without the need of reinstalling every time, to get a far more vanilla solution.

hey there!

Great job done! 

I assume this is all about binary and maybe some Info.plist patching,

so I wonder whether you could set up a clover-guide, so that it would be far easier to achieve without the need of reinstalling every time, to get a far more vanilla solution.

It's been in the guide for a long time now.

It's been in the guide for a long time now.

Well, not the way I refer to. Your current guide still implicates, that you need to replace the original kext files with the modified ones. What I'm suggesting is to use Clover patching capabilities to patch the binary on the go, so that you would not have to anything after an update.

Like this:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>VoodooHDA</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SGVhZHBob25lcwA=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>VGVsZXBob25lcwA=</data>
</dict>
</array>

Well, not the way I refer to. Your current guide still implicates, that you need to replace the original kext files with the modified ones. What I'm suggesting is to use Clover patching capabilities to patch the binary on the go, so that you would not have to anything after an update.

Like this:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>VoodooHDA</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SGVhZHBob25lcwA=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>VGVsZXBob25lcwA=</data>
</dict>
</array>

Yeah... this information is already in there. Scroll down until you see Clover kext patch. The user decides which choice to make.

• Like 1

Hi GhostRider,

I have Dell E5410 laptop (year 2010) with i5 460M + Chipset H55M + Ironlake Mobile Graphic (vendor=8086, device=0046) .

Since i5 is not fist gen cpu, Can I use your driver with OSX 10.11.1?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you .

THank you

/smileyopp

Hi GhostRider,

I have Dell E5410 laptop (year 2010) with i5 460M + Chipset H55M + Ironlake Mobile Graphic (vendor=8086, device=0046) .

Since i5 is not fist gen cpu, Can I use your driver with OSX 10.11.1?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you .

THank you
/smileyopp

I believe Dell E5410 does not support QE/CI. You need to check if your computer uses the eDP display connector as written in the guide.

• Like 1

Hi GhostRider,

Sorry, I misunderstood the definition of 1st Generation Intel® Core™ Processor with Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale only).

Arrandale family does include i5 460M. This morning, I did a try without checking eDP/LVDS  in this post by trying QE/CI+LVDS. The screen just freeze. I will try to check with your guidance with live usb checking eDP or LVDS.

Thank you.

/SmileyOpp

Hi GhostRider,

You are right. My E5410 does use eDP (See txt below). I find kext for CI in http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/208-1st-gen-intel-hd-graphics-kexts/. There's no CI only kext for 10.11.1  For 10.11.1, I find only QE/CI. Where can I find CI kext for 10.11.1?

PCH_LVDS: 0x40000000 (disabled, pipe B, 18 bit, 1 channel)

Thank you.
/SmileyOpp

Hi GhostRider,

I use Intel Graphics HD CI 10.9.zip and the screen is working now. Somehow, I cannot use mouse and keyboard.

I will try to troubleshoot by myself. Thank you for your guidance.

/Smileyopp

Hi there,

the patch released for 10.11.3 works great.

I have recently updated my hackintosh to 10.11.4 beta, now all the old graphics probs. come up!

Is there any way to make graphics work again on this version ?

Hi there,

the patch released for 10.11.3 works great.

I have recently updated my hackintosh to 10.11.4 beta, now all the old graphics probs. come up!

Is there any way to make graphics work again on this version ?

Now Official 10.11.4 Out. No update yet?

• Like 2