About This File
Realtek ALC885 edited AppleHDA.kext_v2.3.7 for Mountain Lion 10.8.4.
Expected to work in 10.8.5 and 10.9.
Do not repost or distribute kext or included files.
This kext requires Audio ID Injection for sound, see Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio Injection - Sound - InsanelyMac Forum. No additional patching is required.
Realtek ALC885 Audio_ID
Audio_ID: 1 supports 5 and 6 port ALC8xx onboard and/or AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio
Four Realtek ALC885 Audio ID injection techniques, select one and install
1. No dsdt/audio enabler/Audio_ID: toleda/audio_kext_enabler
2. dsdt/HDEF/Audio_ID: toleda/audio_ALCInjection
3. ssdt/HDEF/Audio_ID: toleda/audio_ssdt_enabler
4. Clover/Config.plist/PCI/HDAInjection/Audio_ID: toleda/audio_ALCInjection
1. Verify Realtek ALC885 Audio ID injection installed
2. Backup installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext and delete
3. Install Downloads/AppleHDA.kext with preferred kext installer, i.e., Kext Wizard, Kext Utility, etc.
AppleHDA HDMI Audio
What's New in Version v2.3.7
- 9/7/2013 - v1.0: Initial release