About This File
Key Features of the Driver
- Supports all versions of Realtek's RTL8125 2.5GBit Ethernet Controllers found on recent boards.
- Support for multisegment packets relieving the network stack of unnecessary copy operations when assembling packets for transmission.
- No-copy receive and transmit. Only small packets are copied on reception because creating a copy is more efficient than allocating a new buffer. TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offload (receive and transmit).
- TCP segmentation offload over IPv4 and IPv6.
- Support for TCP/IPv4, UDP/IPv4, TCP/IPv6 and UDP/IPv6 checksum offload.
- Supports jumbo frames up to 9000 bytes (strongly recommended for 2.5GBit operation).
- Fully optimized for Mojave and above. Note that older versions of macOS might not support 2.5GB Ethernet.
- Supports Wake on LAN (untested).
- Supports VLAN (untested).
- Support for Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which can be disabled by setting enableEEE to NO in the drivers Info.plist without rebuild. The default is YES.
- The driver is published under GPLv2.
What's New in Version 1.1.0 See changelog
- Updated Linux sources to 9.005.01.
- Fixed auto-negotiation for all speeds (including 2.5 Gigabit).
- Added support for adaptive poll interval in 2.5 Gigabit mode.