What Audio Interface Do You Use?

Harloe

64 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Hey guys sorry for bumping this post but would anyone with a fully working Motu tell me the install method?

I am about to quit music. Sound scatters all the time 1024 latency. Surreal.

I did Iatkos v7 install and I am pretty sure it is an installation problem as I see many ppl with no problems with the 828.

Would you recommend me any specific installation based on your experienced?

Thanks in advance.

1024 latency it's ridiculous. Chose what installation is right for your hardware. Vanilla installation is the best for audio workstations, try Empire EFI.

Regarding your MOTU, if it's Firewire it may require a FW interface with Texas Instruments chipset. Check it's tech specs for hardware requirements.

1024 latency it's ridiculous. Chose what installation is right for your hardware. Vanilla installation is the best for audio workstations, try Empire EFI.

Regarding your MOTU, if it's Firewire it may require a FW interface with Texas Instruments chipset. Check it's tech specs for hardware requirements.

Thanks mate. My card is USB 2.0 and I bought another USB card just in case with no luck. I get exactly same problem using Virus Ti as sound card so I think there is something wrong with iAtkos V7.

I was about to try Digital Dreamers but it seems hard to make it as many report problems.

Is Kalyway 10.5.2 same stuff as iAtkos V7?

GA-x58-ud5

Ati HD 4890

i7

10.5.2 is a very old OS from 3 years ago, we're running 10.6.2 today.

"Vanilla install" means installing OSX from original Retail DVD, by using a cdboot like Empire EFI during installation.

Would you be kind to point me to a right guide mate?

I can search but there are lots of methods and it seems you must know better where to start.

Thanks man.

Right now I am doing DD's and I will post results if successful.

a gigabyte board should have already the TI firewire chip.

there could be problems with the bios or dsdt (if you are using it) - try to upgrade your bios or compile a dsdt without the hpet option.

this should work with 10.5.2 also without problems.

but XLR is absolutely right that using a distro for a DAW is a major mistake. read my guide for a DAW vanilla install:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=132695&hl=

although it´s for an EP-45 you might find some usable info´s there :rolleyes:

I just did Digital Dreamer's and still the same after installing Motu Drivers, Ati Drivers and Logic. Basic stuff I needed to check. All fresh and straight away I does the same. I realise that Sound cuts are only produced on its way out as I record audio with Hijack Pro from Logic and does not record any Cuts. I also realized that it becomes more noticeable when the computer has to deal with something else i.e ( If I try to browse Channel Setting ).

Is this happening to me only? I feel dizzy.

If there was such thing as "the right guide", everyone would use it and the other guides will become irrelevant.

This would be a good starting point in the right direction: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113288

hahahaaa.........mine is longer :) is there a kind of competition going on? did I miss something?

where did I write that my guide is the one and only?

I pointed him to my guide to find some usable info - instead of writing the same informations on and on - that´s all.

I never would be that arrogant to believe that this is the best guide - it´s just an other source for informations :D

hahahaaa.........mine is longer ;) is there a kind of competition going on? did I miss something?

where did I write that my guide is the one and only?

I pointed him to my guide to find some usable info - instead of writing the same informations on and on - that´s all.

I never would be that arrogant to believe that this is the best guide - it´s just an other source for informations ;)

Hi was just referring to my question about the right direction for me mate. Hehe...

• 3 weeks later...