Harloe

What Audio Interface Do You Use?

64 posts in this topic

Just wanna know what audio interfaces you all use for music creation =]

I use an MBox-2 at the moment on Pro Tools LE 7 but I'd like to bump up my rig! The Native Instruments Audio Kontrol looks nice =]

Oh does anyone have any issues with running Audio Interfaces on Hackintoshes?

Advertisement

I have issues running the USB mbox2!

my sound clicks/pops all the time except I disable QE! weird isn't it?

i use a motu 828mkii usb - have done for a year or so on my pc - it's great.

i stuck it thru logic on my mbp and on my hackintosh and it appears to work flawlessly - the motu mac drivers are way better than pc

i am gonna buy an mbox 2 pro factory firewire for my mbp shortly as i need to start using pro tools, will try it out on my hackintosh too and report with some results in a month or two.

24bit USB interface Edirol UA1-EX - very cheap, very good. Since I use Hack Mac, Garageband and Logic my creative output is multiplied. Never want to go back to Windows.

Hi guys

I´m using an old Pci rme hdsp 9632 with no problems in Kalyway Leopard 10.5.4

Logic run very smooth....

An incredible card-

Cheers

Anybodyheard about a running hack with an Echo Layla 3G ???

I just had my OSX install running today, I tried to install the echo package but the card is not recognised in the system prefs...

ABLETON LIVE

ABLETON LIVE

ABLETON LIVE

hang on... what did I say?

ahh ABLETON LIVE ----> for impatient techies like me.

now if only my virtual keyboard would work in hackintosh like it does for M$... :)

Mackie Onyx Satellite - plugged in a cheap no name firewire card on my HackMac OS X 5.5. It is sold out in germany now for a low price (159 €, was 500€ in 2006), offers 2 very good mic preamps and 6 outputs on the base station. Great device, works ootb (no driver needed) with low latency. Great for DJs and other musicians who need to control the music by a seperate headphone channel.

Don't use the bundled Tracktion sequencer software because this DAW sucks (kvraudio.com).

No one using onboard? :)

I only need stereo out, so the Co-ax digital out works well up to my DCX 2496...

Would there being any advantages for me in going to another aftermarket interface? I use Logic 8. :)

No one using onboard? :o

I only need stereo out, so the Co-ax digital out works well up to my DCX 2496...

Would there being any advantages for me in going to another aftermarket interface? I use Logic 8. :)

yes - selling records. but don´t waste your money. there won´t be any return of invest :wacko:

yes - selling records. but don´t waste your money. there won´t be any return of invest :dev:

:P I've spent enough on synth's and other things, I figure as I'm using an outboard DAC then I should be getting pretty good sound...

That said, the output from my DCX2496 can be improved with some modding but I don't want to risk killing it with my questionable soldering... :angel:

Hi

I have a really frustrating problem. Running Logic 8.02 Kalyway 5.4 on a P5WD (2 gig ram. 3 gig dual core) with an RME HDSP 9652. The issue I have is that when I run at low latency (32, 64, 128 samples) I keep getting CPU overload messages. Now I know this is a problem other MAC users are experiencing, but it happens even on relativly small sessions with low cpu usage. It happens intermitantly. Sometimes it doesn't happen for a while and then it'll happen every time I try to play or record a part in a session. The CPU meter spikes (one of the cores) from a small amount into overload. I have read about the work around i.e. deselecting inputs but this doesn't work at all. I thought it could have been a PCI bottle neck due to the older card I'm using but some of you guys here are running the 9632 without a hitch. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Danny