• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
@painWarlock how or where did you hear about this?

Also PainWarlock are you running the Mobility 3450 or desktop 3450?

Ztardust

Ztardust

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

For those who have black screen on Laptop LCD and good image on outer CRT.

I had the same issue with IntelX3100 on Dell Laptop. Now all is OK!
I patched DSDT.
http://forum.insanel...o...=133683&hl=

Namely. I erase from DeviceTree the follow devices: VID2, CRT, TV and DVI. Only LCD remains.
Try!
May be you need no new framebuffer.

I assume this is not possible with the ATI Radeon x1300 mobility(m52)?
I get resolution change and everything working perfectly on an external screen using a x1300 mobility version of natit, but nothing on the internal lcd.
Without natit, the internal screen works, but is stuck on 1024 x 768.

I would like to try this DSDT patching solution... but from what I understand, I need a framebuffer solution for my card..?

Ztardust

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,871 posts

I assume this is not possible with the ATI Radeon x1300 mobility(m52)?
I get resolution change and everything working perfectly on an external screen using a x1300 mobility version of natit, but nothing on the internal lcd.
Without natit, the internal screen works, but is stuck on 1024 x 768.

I would like to try this DSDT patching solution... but from what I understand, I need a framebuffer solution for my card..?

Try a solution by lebidou
http://forum.insanel...o...91042&st=74

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

It's not sure it will work... I've read that the Wormy framebuffer was compatible only with X1600 and above. Have you tried adding "Graphics Mode" value in com.apple.Boot.plist ?

Anyway, give it a try, and report. If it works, lucky you!

PainWarlock

PainWarlock

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
is it possiblw to do this with fglrx? for debian systems i know that debian uses alot of system calls that mac osx uses

@painWarlock how or where did you hear about this?

Also PainWarlock are you running the Mobility 3450 or desktop 3450?

im running the desktop version

Ztardust

Ztardust

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

It's not sure it will work... I've read that the Wormy framebuffer was compatible only with X1600 and above. Have you tried adding "Graphics Mode" value in com.apple.Boot.plist ?

The "Graphics Mode" only works for resolutions lower than 1024x768 for me...
But thanks for your suggestion.

asstastic

asstastic

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Using ATI Tray Tools in windows I was able to get a lot of possibly useful info on my card including register locations and output info. I am guessing this info is read from the card bios.

Attached File  ATT_SysInfo.txt   6.36KB   70 downloads

Ztardust

Ztardust

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Correct.
The wormy framebuffer is not compatible with my card. I didn´t get this to work.

I really don´t see many options, I´ll try to modify the RadeonHD kext, as well as looking at trying to get ATI.kext + ATILead.kext working for my card... but I really don´t know what I am doing... :(

-Ztardust-

Ztardust

Ztardust

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

One question... the solution lebidou applies here, is not using the new framebuffer is it?
He is using the wormy driver/framebuffer, not the ATIPC one?

Or perhaps am I misunderstanding something..?

- Ztardust -

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

One question... the solution lebidou applies here, is not using the new framebuffer is it?
He is using the wormy driver/framebuffer, not the ATIPC one?

Ypu're right, I use Wormy

Ztardust

Ztardust

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Ypu're right, I use Wormy

So, your solution doesn´t really have anything to do with the framebuffer development, I guess? That´s what made me a bit confused here... :blink:

But at least you got your card working... :D

Bandes

Bandes

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hey Developer Guys! :D

Just a small technical question.
We know that the only Ati X1x00 driver which detects LVDS port is the Wormy (Ati X1600).
Once back in a while i checked in that driver what strings i can find about with LVDS.

These might be function names which are in ATY_Wormy:
_CheckLVDSConnection
_HW_InitLVDS
_HW_LVDSDither
_HW_LVDSOnOff

None of these are in ATY_Caretta (and in the rest of them too).

If you already made some disassemling, how hard it would be to get these functions out from the Wormy driver and stick them into the Caretta ?
Or you need this whole framebuffer-development either way ?
There might be some other functions too related to this, and probably the signal story needs some more, but what if this could work alone ?

Thanx &
Keep up the good work :thumbsup_anim:

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts
Not only we don't know if these functions will work in Caretta or not, also you need the whole Caretta source to do the compiling thing. I did try to reverse engineer the Caretta driver, but found out it much more complicated than what I think.
Anybody who's interested could take a look at the source code I got so far here: Attached File  Caretta.zip   61.54KB   23 downloads
And as a warning to you, the code contains quite a lot mistakes in it.

These might be function names which are in ATY_Wormy:
_CheckLVDSConnection
_HW_InitLVDS
_HW_LVDSDither
_HW_LVDSOnOff
None of these are in ATY_Caretta (and in the rest of them too).

Ztardust

Ztardust

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Not only we don't know if these functions will work in Caretta or not, also you need the whole Caretta source to do the compiling thing. I did try to reverse engineer the Caretta driver, but found out it much more complicated than what I think.
Anybody who's interested could take a look at the source code I got so far here: Attached File  Caretta.zip   61.54KB   23 downloads

Hey Dong... Most unsupported cards can boot up in the default resolution 1024x768... Could there be some way of changing that default resolution(in the bootloader?), to 1280x800 for an example?

-Ztardust

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts
Ztardust,

What you mean depends on the VESA modes that bootloader can support, until now I have no knowledge of it yet.

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
I don't get VESA I get ATI Atombios??????

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,871 posts

I don't get VESA I get ATI Atombios??????

Please, be more correct. Why you think that VESA has a relation to ATOMBIOS?

OK. We need to continue a development of the driver. Without knowning of C++ it is empty talking.
Dong! You are our last hope!

Bandes

Bandes

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Well, this is quite an achievement! What did you use ? IDA Pro ?
By the way it looks really tough.. Drivers are the most technical things for development. If disassembling would be fully automated, and we could check out other X1x00 ones too, like Alopias, Sphyrna, and there would be noticable differences in all of them compared to the Wormy one, then maybe, this LVDS thing would be easier. Otherwise, we would a need an ATI mac driver developer right now !
That would make things faster for sure.. :)
I have Xcode and stuff now, if i could help something. But i am quite new into this objective-c thing too, i think all i can do about now is to press the Build button :)
I miss some diagnostic tools for the mac, and programs like Atitool. That would give some more control for sure..
The bad thing is, even if you guys manage to build this laptop-screen driver, then there is still another tiny problem for our laptops : powerplay. Now i think the chips are running on high performance clock rates all the time, which is not a good news for battery usage..
Anyway, that would be easier to fix at that point for sure ...

Cyntek

Cyntek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hey guys, how's the development comming along?.

Well, Im running iDeneb V.1.3-10.5.5 release AMD Athlon 64 2800 MSI K8M Neo-V, and VIA 8237 Chipset, with AGP ATI 9600 SE 128MB Card., Wanted to ask, How do you apply these test builds to leo?. I would like to help out with this test, if possible. It would be really greate if there was some kind Tut, on how to implement the configuration and what needs to edited, to what file and such if you can help me out with it. Thanks.

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts

Well, this is quite an achievement! What did you use ? IDA Pro ?

yes, IDA Pro on WinXP. ;)

I have Xcode and stuff now, if i could help something. But i am quite new into this objective-c thing too, i think all i can do about now is to press the Build button B)

No, it's not objective-C, it's C++. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy