AppleHDA ALC268 Shutdown Issues [SOLVED!]

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfas

199 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me where I can find ALC268Installer 1 or 2?

EDIT: alright, now I have working internal speaker, internal mic and headphone.

has shutdown problem. HDAFIX 3 apparently solved it.

BUT, volume icon from the menu bar disappeared :S

Even I re-select it from the System Preferences, it disappears on reboot.

Any solution?

im using ALC660 and having kernel panic at shutdown "a driver releasing AppleHDAController.... something...." i was able to fix this after installing Chemeleon_EFI. i can now shutdown properly.

using AppleHDA and HDAEnabler, no ALCinject.

im using ALC660 and having kernel panic at shutdown "a driver releasing AppleHDAController.... something...." i was able to fix this after installing Chemeleon_EFI. i can now shutdown properly.

using AppleHDA and HDAEnabler, no ALCinject.

Very interesting... Can you post your HDA kext here please ?

We got approximatively the same laptop, and i can't shutdown totaly... I use audio strings instead of injectors...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Installer 5 doesn't give me volume sliders but it does give me hiss free sound; installers one and two hiss. Unfortunately they or applehdahelper or... I don't know what... kills bootup with the voodoo 9.5.0 kernel package. I had to remove sound altogether. I am currently searching for a solution.

@wtf69wtf You have a Vostro 1510, right? I have the same thing. This It worked for me with installer 2, but i cant use the mic, and it doesnt automatically shift to headphones when plugged in. Also, after Vostro_sleep patch, sleep works like a dream, but sound breaks after waking up from sleep. It seems that very few people have this system... Perhaps we could work on something? Have you gotten your mike working?

Everyone else,

I would really like to know how to get the mic working... it's pretty important to me. External mic and internal mic dont work.

Also, this is the first time I'm learning about an installer 5. WHAT ARE THESE?

Many thanks in advance for all help, and my gratitude for all those people who work hard so "users" like myself can also use MacOS.

I have a dv9543cl (see sig) with a realtek ALC268 sound card...

soo... i used Taruga's ALC268 Installer2 to install, but doing this breaks my shutdown even though it fixes sound

does anybody know of any solutions (ive searched for days but couldn't find any...)

-hplaptopmac

EDIT: THERE IS NOW A WORKING FIX:

The Definitve Guide to Fixing the Realtek ALC268 Soundcard (With Working Shutdown!!!!) In Leopard

1.Run ALC268Installer 2 or 1. (Depending on which works for you.)

2.Before Restarting delete /System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.kext

3.Use Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext

4.Fix Permissions with Disk Utility

5.Restart and make sure that Internal Speakers is selected in Audio Settings

6. Then run HDA Fix v3 (Riavvia in seguito means Restart later, Riavvia means Restart now)

7. Click Restart Later

8.Repair permissions with Disk Utility

9.Restart

10.Bootup and sound and shutdown should work

http://rapidshare.com/files/126062908/ALC268FIX.zip

No need for this, try:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry918477

It is new HDA for ALC268 it has pins from like in installer 2 coz I dont't have installler 1, but U can post there installer 1 and I can make and that one.

Try and post if it works